SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-29-2005, 23:52   #1
isuzu

Glock 27

Happy New Year!

I'd like to know if any of the fellow BOGs have experience or have experienced handling a Glock 27. My father-in-law has one, and I heard he's planning to give it to me.

Also, do you recommend putting a +1 mag extension to the magazines? If it's a good idea, what brands are recommended? There was a test done on different mag extensions and I forgot which brands were good. Others separated from the mag body when the mags were dropped.

Last edited by isuzu; 12-29-2005 at 23:58..
isuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 04:50   #2
Alexii
Janeway Forever

I only know of one BOG who has one (and swears by it): Saruman.

BOG #13
Alexii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 08:51   #3
renior

Happy New Year to all!!!

yes I have one bought since aug 2001. regarding to your question about mag extension + 1 go for the original glock extension for it really improve your grip especially during practice and go for the nine rounder for deep concealment thank you.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:38   #4
theTactician

well, yes i think a glock 27 would be good. it has an adjustable sights and you can install an internal laser in it as what the guys at trust trade informed me. But, when i was about to buy the glock 27, i changed my mind and bought a glock 23 mariner instead. the glock 23 mariner has a railing for your tac light and is compact in size as compared to the g27 which is a subcompact and im sure, handling-wise, mas maganda handling ng g23 cause of the size per se. these are the things i considered back then. anyway, since its given to you..well, go ahead by all means take it. its a good gun. perfect as back-up weapon.
Old 12-30-2005, 19:50   #5
Django

Nice gun and a keeper. Almost bought one but changed my mind in favor of the G26 due to ammo availablity here in the Phils. Had test fired it several times and found the recoil a bit stouter than the 26. But if it's a gift to you from your dad-in-law, then you're very lucky.

The +1 mag extension will surely aid you in having a full and complete grip of the gun, more than anything else IMO.

Enjoy your Glock 27.
Django is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 19:58   #6
Ersatz0906

Love my G27 very light even fully loaded compare to compact 1911.

I wear it IWB and sometimes you forgot your wearing your gun on the waist, the recoil is very manageable.

I havnt tried the mag ex yet(orderd one, will arrive next month) but used G22 magazine 15+2 and its awesome... though I could only fit 16 rounds, but still its a must buy.
if you buy the G22 Mag its also buy A&G grip extension for it

http://atlantisarms.com/Product%20Sp...0extension.htm

Last edited by Ersatz0906; 12-30-2005 at 20:02..
Ersatz0906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 20:16   #7
Valor1
Pro Paingiver

Nice gun. Best if you install an A&G grip extender and then use the G23 mags. The extension will give it a better grip and better manageability in handling recoil. For everday carry, you can install a Pierce or Scherer grip extension for its 9 round magazine. For additional comfort in handling, add a rubber slip-on grip made by any manufacturer. Regards.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Valor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 07:54   #8
Ersatz0906

Quote:
Originally posted by Valor1
add a rubber slip-on grip made by any manufacturer
will you notice the increase of the already fat grip of glock?
Ersatz0906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 08:46   #9
Valor1
Pro Paingiver

Notice the fat grip? I don't know. The rubber slip on grips makes the glock a little bit sticky, giving some sort of "control" hence additional comfort.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Valor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 19:51   #10
haywood

the g27 is a great gun. the recoil is very good for a .40 in its size. it does have a little more recoil than the g26, but not substantially or uncontrollable by any means (unless youre very recoil sensative, then it may be).

i have shot the kahr sub-compact .40 that is smaller and seemed heavier than the g27 before i ever even tried the g27. it kicked me the way i pictured a .40 to kick but then i shot the same ammo out of the g27 and it seemed like a huge difference. the g27 is a really comfortable .40 and you have to try it to compare. that experience with the kahr and the g27 was what lead me to buy the g27. i thought the g27 was going to kick that much harder than the kahr but it was the opposite. it seemed to kick similar to when i would shoot the +p 9mm, so i opted for the 27.

it is just as accurate as the g26 at rest, the difference being the shooter and his ability to shoot it. after doubting the sub-compacts, i was quickly convinced that i love them. i'm sure once you get yours, you will feel the same. antoher benefit to your g27 is that you can simply swap out the barrel with the g33 (357sig) and you will have yourself a g33.

some recommendations:

+0 magazine extension [pearce for smaller hands or scherer for larger ones]. also, if you like... a hogue slip-on grip (it has palm-swells on the sides that fit the hand better or get the pachmayer if you have smaller hands, because it's thinner) and maybe a glock smooth-trigger bar to replace the serrated one that comes on the sub-compacts.

P.S. there are many people on GT that feel the sub-compacts shoot just as well if not better than their compact versions (partially explained as the higher backstrap fitting more in the center-pocket of the palm rather than lower-bottom of the palm.

Last edited by haywood; 01-07-2006 at 19:58..
haywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 22:44   #11
isuzu

Quote:
Originally posted by haywood
the g27 is a great gun. the recoil is very good for a .40 in its size. it does have a little more recoil than the g26, but not substantially or uncontrollable by any means (unless youre very recoil sensative, then it may be).

i have shot the kahr sub-compact .40 that is smaller and seemed heavier than the g27 before i ever even tried the g27. it kicked me the way i pictured a .40 to kick but then i shot the same ammo out of the g27 and it seemed like a huge difference. the g27 is a really comfortable .40 and you have to try it to compare. that experience with the kahr and the g27 was what lead me to buy the g27. i thought the g27 was going to kick that much harder than the kahr but it was the opposite. it seemed to kick similar to when i would shoot the +p 9mm, so i opted for the 27.

it is just as accurate as the g26 at rest, the difference being the shooter and his ability to shoot it. after doubting the sub-compacts, i was quickly convinced that i love them. i'm sure once you get yours, you will feel the same. antoher benefit to your g27 is that you can simply swap out the barrel with the g33 (357sig) and you will have yourself a g33.

some recommendations:

+0 magazine extension [pearce for smaller hands or scherer for larger ones]. also, if you like... a hogue slip-on grip (it has palm-swells on the sides that fit the hand better or get the pachmayer if you have smaller hands, because it's thinner) and maybe a glock smooth-trigger bar to replace the serrated one that comes on the sub-compacts.

P.S. there are many people on GT that feel the sub-compacts shoot just as well if not better than their compact versions (partially explained as the higher backstrap fitting more in the center-pocket of the palm rather than lower-bottom of the palm.
Thanks so much for the inputs! I'd definitely get a mag extension if he gives it to me.
isuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 23:10   #12
haywood

i bought a pearce +0 first and there is no problems with it. its is comfortable for a close finger tight grip.

i just received my scherer version of the +0 extension yesterday, for my other mag. it had the "grenade" textured front, which is what i was looking for, but since the scherer has a wider face, the texture was slightly bothersome for me. this morning i took a dremel to it and smoothed out the entire texture to a smooth finish like the pearce.

theyre both good and you shouldnt go wrong with either. think of pearce as the compact tight grip and the scherer as the larger more spacious grip.

but if the two-finger grip is your ticket... then try the "gap enterprises" extension. its basically the stock mag floor plate with a protruding lip to keep the two finger grip tight.

the extensions all roughly run in the 10 dollar a piece range.
haywood is offline   Reply With Quote