Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-05-2006, 20:29   #1
gloxter

$1.2m do you go Enzo or Veyron? Why?

For the record, I'm about $1.2 million shy of $1.2 million, but I thought the thread might spark some interesting debate. This is my first "Car Forum" post, so be gentle.

-gloxter
gloxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 21:27   #2
Rob1035
Skeet Surfer

I'd say enzo, I *think* its harder to get, and more of them are getting crashed since some folks actually track them, so the in my uneducated opinion, it will make a better long term investment. I could give two ****s about how they compare in actual operation, it would be an investment. I'd have fun with my less valuable track and street cars.
Old 01-05-2006, 22:21   #3
epsylum
Boolit Hoze

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob1035
I'd say enzo, I *think* its harder to get, and more of them are getting crashed since some folks actually track them, so the in my uneducated opinion, it will make a better long term investment. I could give two ****s about how they compare in actual operation, it would be an investment. I'd have fun with my less valuable track and street cars.
As for aquiring an Enzo. My brother's ex-boss (owner of a huge very successful bike parts/racing company) looked into it. You have to have bought an F40 and an F50 just to be asked to buy an Enzo. Everybody they asked said yes. Those are the only people who can buy one new.

It's that dang exclusive.

That's why he decided on a Carerra GT last I heard (BTW his daily driver is a RUF Porsche 996 Turbo).

I would go Bugatti. Only because it's freakin excessive in every way. Plus I think Enzo's are butt ugly (they still haven't made an F car as bad ass looking as the F-40).

Either that or the Saleen S7 Twin Turbo.

edited to add:

DOH!!

I forgot my favorite.

Forget any of those. If I had that kind of coin, Dauer 962 all the way. I mean, it's an actual LeMans winning race car with a license plate slapped on it.

http://www.supercars.net/cars/404.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by epsylum; 01-05-2006 at 22:24..
epsylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 10:21   #4
xring04
On the Right.

Veyron for me! limited at 250, 0-60 in 2.2 (motortrend test)
Sweet looking interior.

Give a mc f1 a 14 sec headstart an it will still beat it in the stading mile!
A dog had his chain reduced one link at a time, every few days, until his chain was so short he could barely move. He never resisted because he was conditioned to the loss of his freedom slowly, over time.
xring04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 10:22   #5
xring04
On the Right.

But in reality I would sell the car, buy a nice house, put the rest in the bank and stock market, and live a nice life.
A dog had his chain reduced one link at a time, every few days, until his chain was so short he could barely move. He never resisted because he was conditioned to the loss of his freedom slowly, over time.
xring04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 10:36   #6
bac1023

I probably go with the Enzo, just because its a Ferrari. That said, I agree with an above post. The F40 looks better than the Enzo, or the F50 for that matter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 16:05   #7
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

ASSuming that I have the money to spare, I'd go with the Enzo. Why? It's because it's a Ferrari 100%. The Veyron is a "Bugatti" in name only. It uses parts from Audi and VW, etc. Is it a badass car? Yes. Is it a Bugatti? Not to me.
Old 01-06-2006, 19:15   #8
Asha'man
eat the eat!

None of the above. If I had $1.2 mill, I'd buy multiple lower-cost high-performance cars to play with, and a place to keep them all. Ford GT would definitely be one, as would a goodly number of Mustangs, a Vette, Viper, turbo Porsche, an AMG Benz, couple of bikes, etc.

Both the Enzo or the Veyron would be badass, but I think I'd actually get more pleasure from a wide variety of other performance cars, though none at the same level.

Brian

I have no guns. Guns are bad. I know because the government told me so. The government knows ALL.
Asha'man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 20:07   #9
epsylum
Boolit Hoze

Quote:
Originally posted by Asha'man
None of the above. If I had $1.2 mill, I'd buy multiple lower-cost high-performance cars to play with, and a place to keep them all. Ford GT would definitely be one, as would a goodly number of Mustangs, a Vette, Viper, turbo Porsche, an AMG Benz, couple of bikes, etc.

Both the Enzo or the Veyron would be badass, but I think I'd actually get more pleasure from a wide variety of other performance cars, though none at the same level.

Brian
Are you always so practical in your fantasies?

;f

Old 01-06-2006, 20:36   #10
c5367
Esq.

Send a message via AIM to c5367
Tough choice....there are so many other options to consider. If I had that kind of dough, I think i'd go for the Veyron, if limited to only those two. I don't care who makes it, its a technological tour de force.

If the field were widened, I think I'd go with a Murcielago, a 911 Carrera 4S (for the winter) and use the leftover for an pair MV Agusta F4 Tamburinie Edition and a pair of Ducati 999Rs, one for the track and the other for posing
Old 01-06-2006, 20:38   #11
grecco

there are many exotics,
but there is only one ferrari.....
grecco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 07:53   #12
bac1023

Quote:
Originally posted by grecco
there are many exotics,
but there is only one ferrari.....
Well said.

bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 12:28   #13
Rob1035
Skeet Surfer

+10000 on the Dauer. The ultimate supercar, period.
Old 01-15-2006, 20:29   #14
perception

Send a message via AIM to perception
epsylum and rob, you are the first people I have ever heard of that even knew what a Dauer was.

I agree, the Dauer is number one in my book. Better performance, and more exclusive. Plus, from what I hear, better support from the company. You can't lose.
perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 02:25   #15
GuitarSlinger66

Dauer or McLaren... I love the McLaren personally more than any other car. The whole mindset of the car was for driving. The Bugatti was intended as a "show" car. "Hey guys, look what I have." Very few will be driven like they should be driven. Just like Ferrari used to be, where they were made to be driven. It's a sad thing to see any supercar or car of that nature NOT be driven. Because if you can truly afford to buy one, you don't need to be investing it. But enjoying it.

But to answer the original post - I'd take the Enzo.
It's a Ferrari.....
Old 01-16-2006, 02:51   #16
Syclone538

With that much $ I would get a small assortment of cars. Koenigsegg CCR, Mosler MT900S SC, Noble M400, C6 Zo6, Pagani C12S, SSC Aero SC/8T, and Saleen S7 TT come to mind... but I think Iíve already gone well over budget.

Last edited by Syclone538; 01-17-2006 at 02:11..
Syclone538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 10:42   #17
gloxter

Excellent replies!

Thanks to you guys I've been introduced to both the Dauer and the Mosler Vette. I've seen that the Dauers go for around $800K, but does anyone have any idea what the Moslers go for? The darn thing gets better mileage than my Tundra, and is a bit faster to boot! No prices were listed on the website. Looks like a trip to the showroom in Anaheim might be in order (for gawking purposes).

I'm thinking that even if I "could" afford to own a supercar, the GM powered Mosler would be much more affordable to maintain than, say ANY Ferrari or Bugatti, huh?

Thanks again!

-gloxter ;f
gloxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 00:07   #18
Syclone538

2004 Mosler MT900S

Car and Driver super car shoot out
price as tested $215,775

560 hp, 554 tq, 2472 lbs. But it broke before they could test it.

Mosler might mod corvettes, but this car is not at all based on one. It just uses the engine.
Syclone538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 02:20   #19
c5367
Esq.

Send a message via AIM to c5367
Re: Excellent replies!

Quote:
Originally posted by gloxter
Thanks to you guys I've been introduced to both the Dauer and the Mosler Vette. I've seen that the Dauers go for around $800K, but does anyone have any idea what the Moslers go for? The darn thing gets better mileage than my Tundra, and is a bit faster to boot! No prices were listed on the website. Looks like a trip to the showroom in Anaheim might be in order (for gawking purposes).

I'm thinking that even if I "could" afford to own a supercar, the GM powered Mosler would be much more affordable to maintain than, say ANY Ferrari or Bugatti, huh?

Thanks again!

-gloxter ;f
I was talking to a guy that had a Ferrari. He said he could barely afford to drive the thing because it eats clutches, which at $2k a pop get pretty expensive.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:03   #20
epsylum
Boolit Hoze

Another option.
I saw an Ultima GTR coming out of Indianapolis Raceway Park last summer. I was driving behind it. That thing looked sweet. Then a week later the vids of it breaking the 0-100-0 record came out.

I want one. ;f