Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-09-2006, 13:56   #1
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

The Governator crashed

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060109/...BhBHNlYwM5NjQ-

LOS ANGELES - Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger doesn't plan to change his schedule even though he received 15 stitches in his lip for injuries sustained when his motorcycle collided with a car, his spokeswoman said.

The governor was expected to keep his appointments Monday, spokeswoman Margita Thompson said.

Schwarzenegger was riding his motorcycle Sunday with his 12-year-old son, Patrick, in the sidecar, when a car backed out of a driveway in the Brentwood section, Thompson said.

"The governor was unable to avoid the vehicle in his path and collided with it at a low speed," she said in a statement.

Schwarzenegger and his son, who were wearing helmets, were treated for cuts and bruises at St. John's Hospital in Santa Monica and released, Thompson said.

The car's driver was uninjured. No citations were issued, police Officer Jason Lee said.

The governor broke six ribs in a motorcycle crash in December 2001 and was hospitalized for four days. He was unable to avoid a car that had stopped in front of him.

"It was very painful, much more painful than the heart surgery," he said at the time, referring to an operation he had in 1997 to replace a heart valve. "A rib breaking is like the worst."
Old 01-09-2006, 14:07   #2
J.R. Bob Dobbs
Nerd

Re: The Governator crashed

Quote:
No citations were issued, police Officer Jason Lee said.[/B]
WTF? How about failure to yield for the driver of the car backing into the road????
Old 01-09-2006, 16:08   #3
mmsig229

Re: Re: The Governator crashed

Quote:
Originally posted by J.R. Bob Dobbs
WTF? How about failure to yield for the driver of the car backing into the road????
If it were here, it would be FTY from private drive, or improper backing.
mmsig229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 16:49   #4
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Since that it happened in Brentwood, the car driver probably promised to "donate" to the election fund or something along that line.
Old 01-09-2006, 16:52   #5
ateamer
NRA4EVR

Whether or not a cite is issued at a collision scene varies by department. Some agencies have a policy that if a driver violated the Vehicle Code, a cite will be issued. Others do not cite, but review the reports and file a complaint in court at a later date. The statute of limitations in California on misdemeanors is one year.

And for us riders, just remember: All cagers are homidical maniacs, intent on hitting YOU.
Know-it-all
ateamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 19:17   #6
whogasak47
JPFO-GOA

Re: Re: Re: The Governator crashed

Quote:
Originally posted by mmsig229
If it were here, it would be FTY from private drive, or improper backing.
I do not get that either. We Are all created equal? Some are more equal than others! I am so glad I was not involved.Ex.} I was driving down hiway ,with my son on back, and same car failing to yeild is rich or judge backing into traffic. CRASH Too bad for us.^8 . It's the Big 5 at play again. Power,drugs,sex,Money (or one of the 7 deadly sins at work){ Expect the Doubble Cross!}. Poor Boy is Screwed. Good Luck and ride Safe
Rule #1 Watch out for Number 1.
Rule #2 Remember your Number.

There is nothing wrong with a little shooting, as long as the right people get shot.
whogasak47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 12:45   #7
BlackDPlus

Better Yet

He doesn't have a motorcyle license !

;P
G1 Niners Member #102
PA Glockers Member #175
BlackDPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 12:47   #8
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

I just heard about this no motorcycle license deal.

I'll bet that once upon a time he went to the DMV to get his license. They were too busy so he said, "Ai oll be bak!"
Old 01-11-2006, 18:34   #9
BikerRN

Send a message via AIM to BikerRN
I bet he don't pass the test on the first try.

I saw an article in the paper that said he never thought much about it and how he thought a driver's license was all you need. I want to know why he wasn't charged with operating a motorcycle without a license. If it had been you or I we would've gotten charged.

I guess some people are more equal than others and that disgust me.
BikerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 18:40   #10
mmsig229

I didn't know anything about Arnold not having an endorsement. Sounds like the person backing is still at fault. Now, at least here no endorsement is still a MM. Years ago it was considered not having a license and was an arrestable offense. A M1 if I remember correctly.
mmsig229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 21:18   #11
ateamer
NRA4EVR

From the California Vehicle Code:

400. (a) A "motorcycle" is any motor vehicle having a seat or saddle for the use of the rider, designed to travel on not more than three wheels in contact with the ground, and weighing less than 1,500 pounds.

(b) A motor vehicle that has four wheels in contact with the ground, two of which are a functional part of a sidecar, is a motorcycle if the vehicle otherwise comes within the definition of subdivision (a).

12500(b) A person may not drive a motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, or motorized bicycle upon a highway, unless the person then holds a valid driver's license or endorsement issued under this code for that class, except those persons who are expressly exempted under this code, or those persons specifically authorized to operate motorized bicycles or motorized scooters with a valid driver's license of any class

360. "Highway" is a way or place of whatever nature, publicly maintained and open to the use of the public for purposes of vehicular travel. Highway includes street.

---------------------------------
So, he was riding a motorcycle (as defined by 400(a) &(b) VC, on a highway (as defined by 360 VC), and needed a Class M endorsement per 12500(b). Is there something I am missing? LAPD says he does need a Class M, CHP says no. It looks pretty simple. Based on 400 VC, I would say that a sidehack rig requires a Class M.
Know-it-all
ateamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 23:09   #12
Sweet

Around 4 or 5 years ago maybe more I dont remember Arnold had another motorcycle crash before this one, papers said it was on his H.D but photos showed the crashed bike being the repro-Indian made in Gilroy aka CMC...I dont recall any mention of the no him having or not having the M1...would like to see the P.D report on that one now;f
Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 09:55   #13
whogasak47
JPFO-GOA

driver of car?

Quote:
Originally posted by fnfalman
Since that it happened in Brentwood, the car driver probably promised to "donate" to the election fund or something along that line.
Dam you again sarah Conner
Rule #1 Watch out for Number 1.
Rule #2 Remember your Number.

There is nothing wrong with a little shooting, as long as the right people get shot.
whogasak47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 10:23   #14
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Per the Kommiefornia vehicle code, it does sound like he needs an M1 endorsement. HOWEVER, had anybody weighted his Harley and sidecar? I don't know how heavy a side car is but would the whole setup be heavier than 1500-lbs? If it does then he doesn't need the M1 endorsement.

Nonetheless, he had ridden plenty of times without the sidecar. He used to frequent the Rock Store on Sunday in the Malibu Canyons.

Anyway, the most beautiful part about LAPD or LA justice system is that supposedly the DA (or one of his flunkies) said that since the cop that reported to the accident didn't "see" Arnold riding the vehicle, hence he can't say that Arnold rode the bike.

Oh yeah, the 12-years-old kid rode it (well, that may be true;P ) ;Q

Anyway, he's the Governor so who's going to prosecute him? He'll just pardon himself.;z
Old 01-14-2006, 08:03   #15
Markcuda
A gun a month

Quote:
would the whole setup be heavier than 1500-lbs? If it does then he doesn't need the M1 endorsement.
My 03 Ultra is about 800 pounds, so I dought that his was 1500 pounds with a side car.
Markcuda is offline   Reply With Quote