Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-23-2006, 19:58   #1
isuzu

Destabilzation/Coup rumors when Peso is Improving

I'm just wondering why everytime the Philippine Peso improves vs. the US Dollar, there's always talk of destabilization and coup rumors. Why?

Is someone trying to put a bad picture on the present government so that they could discredit the government and take over to the detriment of the Filipino people?

Although the present government is far from perfect, it somehow managed to improve the economy by putting in place policies to reduce deficit and make our country attractive to foreign investments, IHMO.

Samozaryadniy Karabin sistemi Simonova
isuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 20:07   #2
jasonub

kups kasi ang kalaban ni gma. They dont want whats good for our country but whats good for themselves.

I think FPJ would still be alive if he was not convinced by the opposition to run for president.

He probably never experienced a lot of pressure till he joined the politicians and almost became one.

I think it was Erap who convinced him, being a good friend he complied.

Well thats another story
jasonub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 21:30   #3
New_comer

I think it's more like the powers that be, meaning both sides, are trying to cash in on the strength of the peso. Weakening the peso means more of it for every dollar they managed to hoard during the peso's peak.

Instant cash nga naman, and the surest way to make it plummet is coup rumours. It's a vicious cycle that always hounds all developing economies; a scam on a national scale, and everyone's in on it.

I remember sir ante discussing on this issue very lengthily some months back.

New_comer
BoG's #38
H&K Club #38

"We like to talk about (or be told about) Democracy but, when put to the test, usually find it to be an 'inconvenience.' We have opted instead for an authoritarian system *disguised* as a Democracy. We pay through the nose for an enormous joke-of-a-government, let it push us around, and then wonder how all those *******s got in there."
- Frank Zappa
New_comer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 01:11   #4
darwin25
Make your move

I do know that in the treasury circles, it is a well known fact that the Central Bank of Binondo has always been involved in these rumors. It is common that we hear the term "Nakialam na naman ang Central Bank of Binondo".
darwin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:22   #5
PMMA97
MNSAmessdetail

Is it a fact that the Peso is getting stronger or just the US dollar getting weaker?
PMMA97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 06:50   #6
isuzu

Quote:
Originally posted by PMMA97
Is it a fact that the Peso is getting stronger or just the US dollar getting weaker?
I believe it's both, to the Peso's advantage (and hopefully, for the Philippines' good).

Samozaryadniy Karabin sistemi Simonova
isuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 07:22   #7
atmarcella

thats cos our leaders love power first..... country last, but if you ask them its the other way around;f everybody wants to be president in this country;g

but if we follow spiderman's dictum, "w/ great power comes GREAT responsibility".....who would want to be president, what w/ all the great responsibility and great work that comes w/ it, what sane and lucid person in his right mind would want that;g

BUT, the pilipino leader is different, he/she see's it differently, they see it the other way around, "w/ great responsibility comes great POWER",....last word being POWER........woOOOOOOOOOw POWER! they lust for it...they crave it;g

so that boys and girls is why the phils. is where it is right now...amen;f
Old 01-24-2006, 09:21   #8
i_am_infinity
Pang Altar

Quote:
Originally posted by darwin25
I do know that in the treasury circles, it is a well known fact that the Central Bank of Binondo has always been involved in these rumors. It is common that we hear the term "Nakialam na naman ang Central Bank of Binondo".

chinese people??

BOG #6
i_am_infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 18:47   #9
darwin25
Make your move

Quote:
Originally posted by i_am_infinity
chinese people??
Not necesssarily. It is a cartel actually of foreign exchange dealers. Not the money exchange types that you see in the streets. The kind that buys dollars from corporations and banks and sells them also to corporations and banks in need of foreign currency.
darwin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 23:47   #10
Toby1006Glock

Send a message via Yahoo to Toby1006Glock
Thats the beauty of joining BOGs. You get opinions and views from the people on the street or rather from the guys shooting at the range. Wala dito spokeperson, apologists, spin doctors or propaganda men both of the ruling regime and the opportunist/oppositionist who cant wait for their turns to ruin the country. I guess what we say here comes from our heart and our observation of how things are being ridiculously done to the detriment of all.

Sometimes you cannot help think that medyo may sayad na talaga ang ulo ng mga pseudo liders natin. Now the economy is improving atleast from the standpoint of the improving Philippine peso against the US dollar, we shoot our foot with this coup talks from some coup-pals.

You get a pure national morale boost with Pacquiao's win, then it gets "politicized" by politicians, hailing his victory as if they were behind Pacman's fight as cutman, trainer. I guess you could apply the truism " Success has many fathers but failure is an orphan ". Hey, has anyone bothered to get the money owed to ex-champ Louie Espinosa?

Do you notice that the media has become an unwilling (or willing) part of the psychological bludgeoning of our people? Why does the media sensationalizes stories that agitates and creates restiveness. Tapos after the story dies down or news does not sell anymore (yet truth or justice hasnt been found), another sensational story comes and we go loco, gaga, berserk, livid with anger, gnash our teeth, clench our fists and march on the streets. Look at the headlines and main stories that we previously felt agitated, ano na nangyari? Yung jueteng, Hello Garci, PEA-Amari, Erap plunder case, Mendiola massacre of the farmers? etc. Is the media after truth and justice? Or news is just part of our daily entertainment? Bakit kailangan i-report sa TV yung sinaksak at pinatay na lasing? Bakit kailangan i-news yung pag-rape sa isang bata? Bakit kailangan i-banderang hubad yung mga nahuling minors na prosti? Bakit hindi nila i-bandera yung mukha ng operator ng casa instead.

As for our political leaders, no comment. We all know what kind we have kasi we voted for them.

Sige na, OFF topic na yata ako. Lets just work hard for our family muna and find some time, effort, talent and funds to help our country to become better. Afterall, we are stuck here sa Pinas, like it or not. Hehehe ;g

God bless!
BOG #1006
Glock 17
Part time shooter, full-time husband, father and dedicated public servant...

Last edited by Toby1006Glock; 01-25-2006 at 00:05..
Toby1006Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 02:54   #11
atmarcella

exactly!!! kawawa si luisito espinosa, he was one of our very best, i feel the govt. owes him $165k cos it was someone from govt. who promised him that amount...gov. manny pinol;g
Old 01-25-2006, 04:45   #12
toxic

Quote:
Originally posted by Toby1006Glock

You get a pure national morale boost with Pacquiao's win, then it
Do you notice that the media has become an unwilling (or willing) part of the psychological bludgeoning of our people? Why does the media sensationalizes stories that agitates and creates restiveness. Tapos after the story dies down or news does not sell anymore (yet truth or justice hasnt been found), another sensational story comes and we go loco, gaga, berserk, livid with anger, gnash our teeth, clench our fists and march on the streets. Look at the headlines and main stories that we previously felt agitated, ano na nangyari? Yung jueteng, Hello Garci, PEA-Amari, Erap plunder case, Mendiola massacre of the farmers? etc. Is the media after truth and justice? Or news is just part of our daily entertainment? Bakit kailangan i-report sa TV yung sinaksak at pinatay na lasing? Bakit kailangan i-news yung pag-rape sa isang bata? Bakit kailangan i-banderang hubad yung mga nahuling minors na prosti? Bakit hindi nila i-bandera yung mukha ng operator ng casa instead.

Good News or Bad News = Business
Any News means Airtime..Airtime means Sponsors...Sponsors means Money.

i dont believe these people wants to entertain or to inform people about the truth on whats going on out there ..yes media got their message thru me ...negosyo yan kapatid yan ang totoo.

The only thing i like about the media is they serve as a Police to some of our TAMAD civil servants.

Basura nga lang di makolekta, pagawaing bayan di maasikaso--ipamedia mo at nanginginig pa na gagawin ang trabaho.

On isuzu's topic ..for me its a game politicians love to play "To throw dirt on each others face"..are there good politicians you know..i dont think so!
check my sig line..Everyone has each own hidden agenda...One of the agenda is to make our lives miserable.
Just like Wacko Jacko's song..."They dont care about us"
Old 01-25-2006, 17:53   #13
bulm540

The opposition is just concerned that if the peso appreciates more and the economy gets even better, Tita Gloria will get all the credit. The oppositions are Sons of Bit%^*). Nuff said.