GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2014, 15:13   #1
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.
 
NeverMore1701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Amarillo, Tx
Posts: 32,667
If you like BlueForce Gear, check these out:

The Kalashnikov Klub

https://www.blueforcegear.com/limited-edition-ak-sling

I just ordered one, it'll go great with my Krink build
__________________
And if we should die tonight
We should all die together
Raise a glass of wine
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 18:09   #2
The_Gun_Guru
Ban Democrats!!
 
The_Gun_Guru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Where English and NYer's Go to Die!
Posts: 10,006
Very nice, but I like the single point bungee sling even more, although my first choice would be the SB-47 "brace".

The Kalashnikov Klub

TGG
__________________
FL CCW Permit holder since 1991- C&R FFL Holder since 2007
Kalashnikov Klub #4519
OD G19 - LOTS of AKs - Only ONE AR....but it's a Colt!
NO AMNESTY FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS!!!
This is America. If you can't or won't speak English, PLEASE LEAVE!!!

Last edited by The_Gun_Guru; 10-16-2014 at 18:09..
The_Gun_Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 22:04   #3
ArmoryDoc
Senior Member
 
ArmoryDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,993
I'd love to have one but not for $60.00 asking price.
ArmoryDoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 23:57   #4
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.
 
NeverMore1701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Amarillo, Tx
Posts: 32,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoryDoc View Post
I'd love to have one but not for $60.00 asking price.
I agree that it's a bit steep, but a basic VCAS runs about $45, so the $15 premium for something a little more unique isn't that bad.
__________________
And if we should die tonight
We should all die together
Raise a glass of wine
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:33   #5
DaleGribble
Well Heeled Bum
 
DaleGribble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Land of the toothless!
Posts: 17,190
It looks like a nice sling but I'll never buy one.

Since I'm sure you'll ask me why I'll tell you...

Larry Vickers is involved with it and that's enough to turn me away from it. I've never seen a grown man with such a fragile ego in all my life. The dude has bad ass creds out the wazoo but he acts like a spoiled child on Facebook and throws tantrums when people don't agree with him. When he actually pitched BCM mags as being better mags to pass on to your kids and grand kids because all the plastic mags will degrade, I lost all respect for his "opinions".

He's currently pimping this sling on Facebook and is emphasizing how it's gonna sell out quick, so get it while you can. Billy Mays could have learned a thing or two from Larry Vickers.

Anyway, I do hope the sling is a good and it serves you well.
DaleGribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:31   #6
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.
 
NeverMore1701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Amarillo, Tx
Posts: 32,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleGribble View Post
It looks like a nice sling but I'll never buy one.

Since I'm sure you'll ask me why I'll tell you...

Larry Vickers is involved with it and that's enough to turn me away from it. I've never seen a grown man with such a fragile ego in all my life. The dude has bad ass creds out the wazoo but he acts like a spoiled child on Facebook and throws tantrums when people don't agree with him. When he actually pitched BCM mags as being better mags to pass on to your kids and grand kids because all the plastic mags will degrade, I lost all respect for his "opinions".

He's currently pimping this sling on Facebook and is emphasizing how it's gonna sell out quick, so get it while you can. Billy Mays could have learned a thing or two from Larry Vickers.

Anyway, I do hope the sling is a good and it serves you well.
I've never followed any of the celebrity trainers, so I didn't know all that. Not surprising, though. I just like the VCAS slings because a friend had one and I thought it was fantastic. Have half a dozen or so now.
__________________
And if we should die tonight
We should all die together
Raise a glass of wine
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 10:44   #7
DaleGribble
Well Heeled Bum
 
DaleGribble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Land of the toothless!
Posts: 17,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
I've never followed any of the celebrity trainers, so I didn't know all that. Not surprising, though. I just like the VCAS slings because a friend had one and I thought it was fantastic. Have half a dozen or so now.
That's cool and I really do hope it works for you.
DaleGribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:48   #8
Inebriated
Senior Member
 
Inebriated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,175
I'm with Gribble on this. I respect LAV's credentials, but at the end of the day, he's just a spokesman, and a rather arrogant one at that. He's also a grown man calling people "dawg".

That said, the sling definitely looks cool, and if I needed a classic AK sling, I might would give it a go. Let us know how it works!
__________________
Kalashnikov Klub Member #870
Black Rifle Club Member #2L8
The 21 Club Member #19691
Inebriated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 18:16   #9
dakrat
Senior Member
 
dakrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: worldwide, on time, on target
Posts: 2,951
The sling is nice and functional no matter who promotes it. I would get one.
__________________
---Revolvers are the future---
dakrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 07:03   #10
mvician
Lifetime Membership
Senior Member
 
mvician's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 3,379
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
The Kalashnikov Klub

https://www.blueforcegear.com/limited-edition-ak-sling

I just ordered one, it'll go great with my Krink build

Love my Blue Force Gear VCAS Slings so I naturally ordered one.
mvician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 10:10   #11
iLift45's
Senior Member
 
iLift45's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleGribble View Post
It looks like a nice sling but I'll never buy one.

Since I'm sure you'll ask me why I'll tell you...

Larry Vickers is involved with it and that's enough to turn me away from it. I've never seen a grown man with such a fragile ego in all my life. The dude has bad ass creds out the wazoo but he acts like a spoiled child on Facebook and throws tantrums when people don't agree with him. When he actually pitched BCM mags as being better mags to pass on to your kids and grand kids because all the plastic mags will degrade, I lost all respect for his "opinions".

He's currently pimping this sling on Facebook and is emphasizing how it's gonna sell out quick, so get it while you can. Billy Mays could have learned a thing or two from Larry Vickers.

Anyway, I do hope the sling is a good and it serves you well.
Have you ever met the man or taken any of his classes? The guy is ex Delta Force. He's a total professional! An awesome instructor and can shoot anything he picks up. I've taken 5 of his classes and have loved everyone of them. Sounds to me like you have some jealousy issues or something. As far as a spoiled child on Facebook its dealing with fuktards who want to challenge him on something and act tough on the other side of the keyboard. He's right about the mags too. Metal will last forever. Polymer is great but what about the shelf life. He makes a valid point. By the way the sling sold out in under 24 hours!
__________________
NRA Life Member
G19, G20, (2)G26, G34

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in every language. - Clint Smith
iLift45's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 11:22   #12
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.
 
NeverMore1701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Amarillo, Tx
Posts: 32,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLift45's View Post
Have you ever met the man or taken any of his classes? The guy is ex Delta Force. He's a total professional! An awesome instructor and can shoot anything he picks up. I've taken 5 of his classes and have loved everyone of them. Sounds to me like you have some jealousy issues or something. As far as a spoiled child on Facebook its dealing with fuktards who want to challenge him on something and act tough on the other side of the keyboard. He's right about the mags too. Metal will last forever. Polymer is great but what about the shelf life. He makes a valid point. By the way the sling sold out in under 24 hours!
Mmm, delicious fanboi buttfrustration!

Or not, I don't really know you, but that's how it came across.
__________________
And if we should die tonight
We should all die together
Raise a glass of wine
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 18:36   #13
megawatt
Electron maker
 
megawatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 125
Probably better to judge a man based on face to face experience instead of facebook or any other internet posting.
megawatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 18:59   #14
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.
 
NeverMore1701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Amarillo, Tx
Posts: 32,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by megawatt View Post
Probably better to judge a man based on face to face experience instead of facebook or any other internet posting.
For many public figures, what they put out on places like Facebook is all they will ever be known for by most.
__________________
And if we should die tonight
We should all die together
Raise a glass of wine
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 21:53   #15
musicman10_1
Member
 
musicman10_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: AZ
Posts: 90
I bought a new AK today and thought about this sling while I was getting my gun. I went to order it and - sold out. I guess you snooze you lose.
musicman10_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 05:32   #16
DaleGribble
Well Heeled Bum
 
DaleGribble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Land of the toothless!
Posts: 17,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLift45's View Post
Have you ever met the man or taken any of his classes? The guy is ex Delta Force. He's a total professional! An awesome instructor and can shoot anything he picks up. I've taken 5 of his classes and have loved everyone of them. Sounds to me like you have some jealousy issues or something. As far as a spoiled child on Facebook its dealing with fuktards who want to challenge him on something and act tough on the other side of the keyboard. He's right about the mags too. Metal will last forever. Polymer is great but what about the shelf life. He makes a valid point. By the way the sling sold out in under 24 hours!
Jesus, jealousy? Really? Why is it that fanboys like you always say something like that when someone points out a flaw in one of your heroes? Are you that wrapped up in Larry Vickers image that you have to get personally offended when someone else doesn't worship the same guy that you do?

As for the rest of your drivel...

Larry was simply schilling for one of his employers and he spouted non-sense while doing it. Now you're spouting it too without putting any thought in the subject.

What are the followers of those metal mags made of? How long do you think a Pmag will last before it degrades? What are the frames of Glocks made of? I'm sure you know Larry loves those.

And no, I've never taken one of his classes and have no desire to. I know the sling sold out in 24 hours because Larry was quick to point that out as well.

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. I had no intention of interrupting your Larry Love, feel free to go back to your hero worship at any time.

Last edited by DaleGribble; 10-19-2014 at 05:32..
DaleGribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:33   #17
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.
 
NeverMore1701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Amarillo, Tx
Posts: 32,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleGribble View Post
Jesus, jealousy? Really? Why is it that fanboys like you always say something like that when someone points out a flaw in one of your heroes? Are you that wrapped up in Larry Vickers image that you have to get personally offended when someone else doesn't worship the same guy that you do?

As for the rest of your drivel...

Larry was simply schilling for one of his employers and he spouted non-sense while doing it. Now you're spouting it too without putting any thought in the subject.

What are the followers of those metal mags made of? How long do you think a Pmag will last before it degrades? What are the frames of Glocks made of? I'm sure you know Larry loves those.

And no, I've never taken one of his classes and have no desire to. I know the sling sold out in 24 hours because Larry was quick to point that out as well.

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. I had no intention of interrupting your Larry Love, feel free to go back to your hero worship at any time.
Pretty much
__________________
And if we should die tonight
We should all die together
Raise a glass of wine
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 10:59   #18
jp3975
Senior Member
 
jp3975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Texarkana, Tx
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by megawatt View Post
Probably better to judge a man based on face to face experience instead of facebook or any other internet posting.
You reserving judgement on obama and other liberals/dems until you can have a chat with them?
jp3975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 11:59   #19
mvician
Lifetime Membership
Senior Member
 
mvician's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 3,379
Blog Entries: 1
It's as bad here as it is on the BRF.

adios!
mvician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 13:46   #20
DaleGribble
Well Heeled Bum
 
DaleGribble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Land of the toothless!
Posts: 17,190
Seems ole Larry isn't to happy about this conversation. iLift45's must have given him a call...

https://www.facebook.com/LarryVickers

DaleGribble is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 13:56.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 992
278 Members
714 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31