Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:08   #1
mnotlyon

AR15 300 blackout pistol

I've toyed around with my new gun build, and am finally ready to move forward.

I was going to make an SBR with an integral suppressor. After much studying and waiting, I've changed my new gun.

I have completed the paperwork on my gun trust, and will ship it out tomorrow. I'll be putting a Chaotic suppressor on my new 300 blackout pistol after the huge wait for a tax stamp is over.

I've got all the parts in for my pistol, including a Sig pistol brace. It's got an 8 inch stainless barrel with an oversized charging handle, and a buffer tube made just for the pistol brace.

All I have to do is finish machining the lower, add some engraving, and wait for the ammo to show up.

Hopefully I can post some pictures next week.

I decided to change from an SBR to a pistol for a few reasons. First, I won't have to wait to play with my new gun. As soon as I finish the build, I can start shooting. The Sig brace makes in not much different than a SBR. I won't have to worry, or get permission if I decide to take it on a hog hunt out of state. In Missouri, I can use a pistol during "black powder season" to hunt deer.
mnotlyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:02   #2
mgs
Always Carrying

And as a pistol it can be carried loaded all the time if you have a carry permit....even in a vehicle (in PA I know). I went 12' since I'm not doing a suppressor for now. Can always change the barrel if I do. I also read moving a pistol to a SBR means you get to use the pistol while the paperwork processes.....another win!
mgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:07   #3
mnotlyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgs View Post
And as a pistol it can be carried loaded all the time if you have a carry permit....even in a vehicle (in PA I know). I went 12' since I'm not doing a suppressor for now. Can always change the barrel if I do. I also read moving a pistol to a SBR means you get to use the pistol while the paperwork processes.....another win!
Hmmm. AFAIK, a rifle can be carried loaded in Missouri. Perhaps I should look that up.

Don't quote me, but I think if you move a pistol to a SBR, you can NEVER turn it back into a pistol. If your lower started life as a rifle, it can never be made into a pistol.
mnotlyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:38   #4
mgs
Always Carrying

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnotlyon View Post
Hmmm. AFAIK, a rifle can be carried loaded in Missouri. Perhaps I should look that up.

Don't quote me, but I think if you move a pistol to a SBR, you can NEVER turn it back into a pistol. If your lower started life as a rifle, it can never be made into a pistol.
Correct on the pistol to SBR and not back to Pistol. Also correct....rifle can not become a pistol.
mgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:56   #5
wct097

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgs View Post
Correct on the pistol to SBR and not back to Pistol.
Care to cite the law or ruling that states this?

The ATF has ruled that a pistol can be converted to a rifle and back to a pistol without being regulated under the NFA.

http://www.atf.gov/files/regulations...ing-2011-4.pdf

Is there a ruling that states that once NFA, it cannot be a pistol again? I see references to removing the "short barrel" resulting in the firearm no longer being regulated under NFA. Logic would dictate that removing the stock would have the same result, though I concede that logic and reason have little to do with law and politics.