GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2006, 06:30   #161
DDrag50
Semper Vigians
 
DDrag50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 125
Razoreye, that's a real BIG Picture of a good looking AR.
__________________
"Big Dawg Club" #1321 "1911 Club #1950"
"Sub Club" #250 "Wheelhouse #69"
"Moto Club" #50 "Florida Glockers Club" #50
"Black Rifle Club" #1950
DDrag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 11:14   #162
Razoreye
♥♥Adorkable!♥♥
 
Razoreye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Equinsu Ocha, Equinsu Ocha!!
Posts: 15,986
Quote:
Originally posted by DDrag50
Razoreye, that's a real BIG Picture of a good looking AR.
Sorry, forgot to resize!! Thx.
__________________
-Razoreye ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

And if I close my mind in fear... Please pry it open!

Smooth is fast, fast is smooth.
Razoreye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 23:23   #163
Stickman
GT Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Pac NW
Posts: 6,951
Black Rifle Forum
__________________
Stick


weaponevolution.com
Stickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 16:56   #164
1811guy
Formerly1811guy2
 
1811guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 7,023
Soon to have an 18" SPR barrel.
1811guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:08   #165
Stickman
GT Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Pac NW
Posts: 6,951
DD 12.0 FSP Lite rail on a billet upper and billet lower.



Black Rifle Forum
__________________
Stick


weaponevolution.com
Stickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 19:08   #166
semperfiostoj
Brutal Candor
 
semperfiostoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,011
Black Rifle Forum

Finally broke down and dropped the money on my first one. Aint she a beaut'!
semperfiostoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 19:36   #167
epsylum
Boolit Hoze
 
epsylum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Racing Capital, USA
Posts: 14,373


Quote:
Originally posted by Stickman
Black Rifle Forum
Is that the invisible AR?

__________________
Quote:
What are you having trouble with? I'll teach it some respect.
Epsylum (EE-SAI-LUM)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
epsylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 19:52   #168
Stickman
GT Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Pac NW
Posts: 6,951
No, but I get bored of posting pictures of just AR15s, so I post pictures of components if I gte a pic that I like.

I'm working on the invisible one, but its not coming out so well....
__________________
Stick


weaponevolution.com
Stickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:36   #169
windplex
Senior Member
 
windplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 14,465
Help please: good reliable balck R for $1000

Hello black rifle fans.

I am researching black rifles for a purchase. Would like your feedback! Here are some thoughts

1) Primarily I wish for a robust /reliable weapon.
2) Suitable for 3 gun competition and home defense (unlikley as that might become a need). Need not be perfect for 3 gun.
2) Do not wish to assemble a kit since I do not know enough.
3) Wish to keep cost to about $1100 max since the Rock River Arms Elite Car 2 (which is the basis for the FBI/DEA contract) with 2-stage trigger and hogue grip lists for $1050 and it seems like a good weapon -- however I really don't know that for sure! RRA claims 1MOA at 100yds.
4) Any merit or issues with buying a 308 versus the 223 of same quality/features?
5) I already own two tactical lights. Either can be mounted on the weapon but will likely use the metal sights until I learn them before getting red dot.

Would like to hear your thoughts and learn from your expertise!

Thank you very much for your help!
windplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:38   #170
SomeGuyInAHat
Senior Member
 
SomeGuyInAHat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Melanomaville
Posts: 4,137
This is a picture thread. You'll get better results for your question by starting a new thread.
__________________
No rain, no rainbows.
SomeGuyInAHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 19:46   #171
1811guy
Formerly1811guy2
 
1811guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 7,023
Re: Help please: good reliable balck R for $1000

Quote:
Originally posted by windplex
Hello black rifle fans.

I am researching black rifles for a purchase. Would like your feedback! Here are some thoughts

1) Primarily I wish for a robust /reliable weapon.
2) Suitable for 3 gun competition and home defense (unlikley as that might become a need). Need not be perfect for 3 gun.
2) Do not wish to assemble a kit since I do not know enough.
3) Wish to keep cost to about $1100 max since the Rock River Arms Elite Car 2 (which is the basis for the FBI/DEA contract) with 2-stage trigger and hogue grip lists for $1050 and it seems like a good weapon -- however I really don't know that for sure! RRA claims 1MOA at 100yds.
4) Any merit or issues with buying a 308 versus the 223 of same quality/features?
5) I already own two tactical lights. Either can be mounted on the weapon but will likely use the metal sights until I learn them before getting red dot.

Would like to hear your thoughts and learn from your expertise!

Thank you very much for your help!
Go ahead and get the RRA Elite Car 2. Get it with the dominator mount so you can mount an Eotech on it at a later date. It will work very well for 3 gun. .223 will work fine and dandy for you. .308 is a b*tch for 3 gun, but some guys swear by it. If you think you need to engage thin skinned armored vehicles, or enemy personnel at ranges greater that 300 yards with frequency, then .308 may be what you need.

+1 on the new thread. Now back to the pictures.
1811guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 21:34   #172
Stickman
GT Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Pac NW
Posts: 6,951
How can we go this long between picture posts? I think some of you guys are holding out....



Black Rifle Forum
__________________
Stick


weaponevolution.com
Stickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:18   #173
windplex
Senior Member
 
windplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 14,465
Thank you Re: Re: Help please: good reliable balck R for $1000

Quote:
Originally posted by 1811guy2
Go ahead and get the RRA Elite Car 2. Get it with the dominator mount so you can mount an Eotech on it at a later date. It will work very well for 3 gun. .223 will work fine and dandy for you. .308 is a b*tch for 3 gun, but some guys swear by it. If you think you need to engage thin skinned armored vehicles, or enemy personnel at ranges greater that 300 yards with frequency, then .308 may be what you need. +1 on the new thread. Now back to the pictures.
Thank you for the feedback. I now agree the 308 is unnecessary and expensive to shoot which i dearly love to do.

By the way I saw a forward down grip that holds a magazine. I thought it might be a good way to keep a 20 round mag of penetrating style rounds handy for home D.
Any thoughts?
Is this the dumbest idea ever?
Is this the worst grip ever? Thank you all! Nice pictures by the way!
windplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 04:38   #174
Ginny
Ammo Slinger
 
Ginny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 286
Here's my work rifle. I love my Bushy, but I think I'm going to build a RRA next year (tax write off!)

Black Rifle Forum

Black Rifle Forum
__________________
There’s no such thing as tough … there’s trained and there’s untrained … which one are you?

The gunshot holds no fear.
Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 09:45   #175
windplex
Senior Member
 
windplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 14,465
Beautiful weapons! Question

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ARR097-41703-1888.html

Please take a look at this front down grip that holds a magazine. I lke the idea of keeping a 20 round mag of penetrators just in case of need in it.

What are the pluses and minuses of this grip?

Am I really dumb for adding this type of grip? Thanks guys!
windplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 11:07   #176
1811guy
Formerly1811guy2
 
1811guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 7,023
Re: Beautiful weapons! Question

Quote:
Originally posted by windplex
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ARR097-41703-1888.html

Please take a look at this front down grip that holds a magazine. I lke the idea of keeping a 20 round mag of penetrators just in case of need in it.

What are the pluses and minuses of this grip?

Am I really dumb for adding this type of grip? Thanks guys!
It looks interesting, but a little gimmicky. You would be better off having a spare mag pouch on your belt IMO. I do not see how you could efficiently incorporate a weapon light into that thing.
1811guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 11:52   #177
windplex
Senior Member
 
windplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 14,465
Re: Re: Beautiful weapons! Question

Quote:
Originally posted by 1811guy2
It looks interesting, but a little gimmicky. You would be better off having a spare mag pouch on your belt IMO. I do not see how you could efficiently incorporate a weapon light into that thing.
I own a 3 battery tactical light (123 lithium) that would attach to the side pic rail mount and has a straight cord with a remote pressure switch which attaches to whatever grip one attaches or to the stock of weapon.

Seems like the light and grip can work together.

I do not know if the grip holds the mag securely over many uses and years of use. I have only seen the photo and seen an AR with it for sale.
windplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 18:28   #178
Stickman
GT Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Pac NW
Posts: 6,951
If you have questions, please post them in something other than the picture thread. You are missing a lot of good info by posting it here, and its not really setup for offtopic comments. Not many people come to a pic thread to read......

Black Rifle Forum
__________________
Stick


weaponevolution.com
Stickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 17:39   #179
Alaskapopo
NRA ENDOWMENT
 
Alaskapopo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Alaska
Posts: 16,457


Its a Colt 6920.

Surefire light and railed foreend, Eotech 552 on Larue Mount, Arms back up iron sights, HK mag, Phantom flash suppressor, Vltor stock, Ergo grip and single point sling. Upgraded the stock since I last posted so here is a new pic.
Pat
Black Rifle Forum
__________________
Colt M16/AR15/ 1911 & Glock Armorer.
Certified Firearms Instructor & Urban Rifle Instructor.
Completed SWAT Entry Team and SWAT Sniper courses.
NRA Endowment Member
USPSA B class

Last edited by Alaskapopo; 09-23-2006 at 18:34..
Alaskapopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 03:38   #180
SMSTRICK
"WE THE PEOPLE"
 
SMSTRICK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,926
Quote:
Originally posted by bunch_G17
Black Rifle Forum
What kind of a set up is that on your foregrip? What is the brand name on the foregrip ?
SMSTRICK is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 14:29.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,186
304 Members
882 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42