Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-27-2006, 00:37   #1
Crazy Ed

Any other divers here?

Doesn't matter what kind. I've worked with them all. Salvage, UCT, SEAL, and of course EOD.

Two!

Ed
Old 03-07-2006, 16:03   #2
TScottW99
NRA Life Member

Send a message via Yahoo to TScottW99
I was on a salvage ship, USS Brunswick ATS-3 from 93-95. Not a diver but had a good many friends who were. Sad that she is now a South Korean ship.

- Dale Carnegie
TScottW99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 17:06   #3
Crazy Ed

That is sad about the Brunswick. The salvage diving world has gone through a lot of changes in the last 5 years.

Ed
Old 03-07-2006, 20:49   #4
GreenBeret1631

Re: Any other divers here?

Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy Ed
Doesn't matter what kind. I've worked with them all. Salvage, UCT, SEAL, and of course EOD.

Two!

Ed
Yes! I'm a military SCUBA diver! Graduated from the SF course at Key West, FL. I'm also a PADI Master Diver.

"To make war upon rebellion is messy and slow, like eating soup with a knife" -TE Lawrence.
GreenBeret1631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 21:18   #5
Crazy Ed

Re: Re: Any other divers here?

Quote:
Originally posted by GreenBeret1631
Yes! I'm a military SCUBA diver! Graduated from the SF course at Key West, FL. I'm also a PADI Master Diver.
Good to meet you! ;c ;c ;c
Old 03-07-2006, 21:46   #6
TScottW99
NRA Life Member

Send a message via Yahoo to TScottW99
Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy Ed
That is sad about the Brunswick. The salvage diving world has gone through a lot of changes in the last 5 years.

Ed
What's been going on with the Salvage units? Caught the last 15 minutes of the history channel's navy diver program a couple months ago. Saw one of my friends at the very end. Surprised to see him working in the experimental diving unit now.

- Dale Carnegie
TScottW99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 22:42   #7
Crazy Ed

Quote:
Originally posted by TScottW99
What's been going on with the Salvage units? Caught the last 15 minutes of the history channel's navy diver program a couple months ago. Saw one of my friends at the very end. Surprised to see him working in the experimental diving unit now.
Back when I was the Command Master Chief of an EOD Mobile Unit, around 96, there was a major shift in chain of command and the salvage units actually fell under EOD. They were having a real hard time justifying their existence. It was one of those deals where the cost to train and maintain the salvage units wasn't providing a good return on investment with respect to actual fleet needs. It made no sense to me ... but then again I was just a Master Chief. What do I know? ;g Don't take this to the bank cuz my mind is a little fuzzy, but it seems they ended up closing down a lot of the dive lockers at the SIMAs. That would certainly explain why your friend ended up at NEDU. Unless he was just nuts and volunteered for it.

Ed
Old 03-08-2006, 06:10   #8
Navy HMC

Quote:
Originally posted by TScottW99
I was on a salvage ship, USS Brunswick ATS-3 from 93-95. Not a diver but had a good many friends who were. Sad that she is now a South Korean ship.
I saw the former USS Brunswick while I was in Korea for a joint exercise last year. At least she still looked good for an old lady. ROKN seemdd to be taking good care of her.

Not a navy diver try as i may to get into the school, it wasn't to be. My problem: HM2 they wouldn't let us go to the school. Dive medicine, yes, but not dive school. this is even after I have been a certified diver for over 15 years at the time (I got YMCA cert in '84 and PADI in '87)

Have had geed times with the one's I ran into in Kuwait. There are a few good wrecks in the Persian Gulf to look at still. And mines, and Unexploded ordanance, and mines, etc.
Navy HMC is offline   Reply With Quote