Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-23-2006, 12:31   #1
dberry

beretta combat reliability?

I posted this on the army forum too but I think you devil dogs could help with my qusetion. I was wanting to know if your Beretta ever choked in combat/conditions. I just want to shead some light on the beretta myth.Thanks for stories,opinions and expereinces.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:05   #2
Andrew Tacquard

no cmbt exp w/ a berreta, but I've shot at the range a few times. No problems, but I've seen others with a jam here or there. i really don't like the ergonomics of the pistol. it is a hard pistol to shoot, for me. i can do well with it, but i had to "learn" to shoot it. as a opposed to a glock or 1911 which came more natural to me. i hoped the Marine Corps would follow the navy to the SIG, but doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon.
Andrew Tacquard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 11:49   #3
SoFlaDeputy

M9 Reliability

Served with 2nd Mar Div Special Ops Capable Unit. And when I got shipped out to Panama for Noriega's butt the M9 issued to me really didn't like the hummid conditions in Panama. Then during Desert Storm I was able to bring my own 1911 as did most of the members of my unit & had no problems or issues whatsoever.Iraqi's hit with the 45 definitely knew it wasn't a 9mm! They were Colts modefied with Kings aftermarket parts & we paid our unit armorer to install them. The big wigs weren't happy but the company commander wanted one after we were at the range for pre-deployment range work out! Most of the guys spent their savings & maxed out whatever credit cards they had just to have a decent sidearm to rely on no matter what! And nowadays the same holds true with bodyarmor for our boys & proper cleaning of weapons systems.

Last edited by SoFlaDeputy; 03-25-2006 at 16:53..
SoFlaDeputy is offline   Reply With Quote