Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-29-2006, 17:18   #126
pesticidal
CLM Number 181
Eh?

Send a message via Yahoo to pesticidal

Having trouble keeping up with these recipes? I found a free program that works pretty nice.

http://www.recipecentersoftware.com/
Old 11-10-2006, 08:08   #127
MrsKitty

Punkin Stuff

Punkin stuff

Crust:

1 box butter recipe yellow cake mix (set aside 1 cup)
1 stick melted butter
1 egg

Mix and "pour" in bottom of pan. It will be really thick so you will have to press it into place some.

Filling:

2 cup pumpkin (I have used canned, fresh and frozen from earlier in the year, adjust for liquid using fresh/frozen)
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg

*if using fresh/frozen pumpkin, add a pinch of salt

Mix and pour over crust.

Topping:
1 cup cake mix
1/4-1/2 stick soft butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Mix and sprinkle on top

Bake at 350 about 45 minutes.

I can't find the recipe so this is from memory. If I do find it and something is different, I will edit this but I think it is right (the only thing I am concerned about is the amount of spices for the cloves, ginger and nutmeg-they may be short). Also, I have adjusted based on what ingredients I did or didn't have on hand and never had a problem
Old 11-10-2006, 12:50   #128
gruntmedik
CLM Number 291
Honk Honk

I think I love you
Old 11-12-2006, 10:19   #129
MrsKitty

Quote:
Originally posted by gruntmedik
I think I love you

Old 11-12-2006, 16:04   #130
Arizona
Ender's Request

Rats

No not those kind of rats.

Take a bunch of jalapenos, cut the tops off, and split them down the middle. Scoop the seeds out. Spoon some cream cheese into the jalapeno half, top with a small piece of chicken breast, wrap with half a strip of bacon. Throw them on the grill until the bacon is good and cooked, no need to flip em. If you don't have a grill throw them on a cookie sheet and put them in the oven at about that temperature. It's been awhile since I cooked em in the oven, but I think it was around 400. Gauranteed you will not be able to eat just one.
Old 11-15-2006, 17:41   #131
kcb
Southern Lady

Chicken Marsala

Does anyone have a good recipe for Chicken Marsala?

We have a new restaurant in town that serves it and it is wonderful.

My husband and I just had some for dinner this evening; it seems like it would not be that difficult to make. I did a search but haven't been successful yet.

If anyone has a recipe, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!

Karen
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 18:02   #132
MtBaldy
Obie Wan, RIP

Re: Chicken Marsala

Quote:
Originally posted by kcb405
Does anyone have a good recipe for Chicken Marsala?

I haven't tried this but everything I have fixed of his was very good. My guess is this would be too:

Chicken Marsala Recipe
courtesy Tyler Florence and JoAnn Cianciulli

4 skinless, boneless, chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
All-purpose flour, for dredging
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
8 ounces crimini or porcini mushrooms, stemmed and halved
1/2 cup sweet Marsala wine
1/2 cup chicken stock
2 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley

Put the chicken breasts side by side on a cutting board and lay a piece of plastic wrap over them; pound with a flat meat mallet, until they are about 1/4-inch thick. Put some flour in a shallow platter and season with a fair amount of salt and pepper; mix with a fork to distribute evenly.
Heat the oil over medium-high flame in a large skillet. When the oil is nice and hot, dredge both sides of the chicken cutlets in the seasoned flour, shaking off the excess. Slip the cutlets into the pan and fry for 5 minutes on each side until golden, turning once – do this in batches if the pieces don't fit comfortably in the pan. Remove the chicken to a large platter in a single layer to keep warm.
Lower the heat to medium and add the prosciutto to the drippings in the pan, saute for 1 minute to render out some of the fat. Now, add the mushrooms and saute until they are nicely browned and their moisture has evaporated, about 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Pour the Marsala in the pan and boil down for a few seconds to cook out the alcohol. Add the chicken stock and simmer for a minute to reduce the sauce slightly. Stir in the butter and return the chicken to the pan; simmer gently for 1 minute to heat the chicken through. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with chopped parsley before serving.
MtBaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 18:36   #133
kcb
Southern Lady

Thank you so much!

Sounds good! Can't wait to try it!

Karen
Old 11-15-2006, 21:53   #134
gruntmedik
CLM Number 291
Honk Honk

Re: Rats

Quote:
Originally posted by Arizona

Take a bunch of jalapenos, cut the tops off, and split them down the middle. Scoop the seeds out. Spoon some cream cheese into the jalapeno half, top with a small piece of chicken breast, wrap with half a strip of bacon. Throw them on the grill until the bacon is good and cooked, no need to flip em. If you don't have a grill throw them on a cookie sheet and put them in the oven at about that temperature. It's been awhile since I cooked em in the oven, but I think it was around 400. Gauranteed you will not be able to eat just one.
I made some last night, dayum
Old 11-18-2006, 08:52   #135
Toodles

Anyone got a good basic cookie dough mix recipe ?
Toodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:50   #136
Wulfenite
The King

Sugar? Chocolate Chip? ??????
Old 11-18-2006, 10:36   #137
MtBaldy
Obie Wan, RIP

Re: Rats

Quote:
Originally posted by Arizona

BBQ pros and caterers make somthing similar called Atomic Buffalo Turds, also very good:

http://www.bbqinstitute.com/appetizers.htm
MtBaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 17:29   #138
Gasoil4ever
Glock Frog

Steamed Cider Thuna

Its delicious... but can't bother to translate...

- 1 morceau de thon de 1,200 kg
- 50 g de beurre
- sel et poivre
- 2 verres de cidre

Sauce :

- 3 cuillères à soupe de crème fraîche
- 300 g de champignons de couche
- 30 g de beurre
- un filet de citron

Préparation :

Mettez le morceau de thon (après avoir retiré la peau) dans un plat beurré allant au four.
Parsemez de parcelles de beurre, assaisonnez, puis arrosez avec le cidre et enfournez à four chaud préchauffé.

Faites cuire pendant 1 heure maximum, en arrosant souvent avec le cidre présent dans le plat.

Au moment de servir, liez le jus de cuisson avec la crème et ajoutez les champignons préalablement sautés au beurre et arrosés d'un filet de citron.
G1 Niners Club #1-French
Former guns : G17F, G19, G26, S&W 686 6", 1911 Gold Cup, Contender 7mm TCU, Tanfoglio 99 Sport
Waiting for my local CCW permit
Gasoil4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 19:31   #139
Mrs. VR
Administrator

Re: Steamed Cider Thuna

Quote:
Originally posted by Gasoil4ever
Its delicious... but can't bother to translate...

Quote:
- 1 piece of tuna of 1,200 kg - 50 G of butter - salt and pepper - 2 cider glasses Sauce: - 3 spoons with soup of fresh cream - 300 G of cultivated mushrooms - 30 G of butter - a lemon net Preparation: Put the piece of tuna (after having withdrawn the skin) in a buttered dish going at the furnace. Strew with butter pieces, season, then sprinkle with the cider and charge with preheated hot furnace. Make cook during 1 maximum hour, while often sprinkling with the cider present in the dish. At the time of being useful, bind the juice of cooking with the cream and add mushrooms beforehand jumped to butter and sprinkled with a lemon net. __________________

90/9/1

Mrs. VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 14:18   #140
Zonny

Re: Punkin Stuff

Quote:
Originally posted by misskitty5077
Punkin stuff

Crust:

1 box butter recipe yellow cake mix (set aside 1 cup)
1 stick melted butter
1 egg

Mix and "pour" in bottom of pan. It will be really thick so you will have to press it into place some.

Filling:

2 cup pumpkin (I have used canned, fresh and frozen from earlier in the year, adjust for liquid using fresh/frozen)
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg

*if using fresh/frozen pumpkin, add a pinch of salt

Mix and pour over crust.

Topping:
1 cup cake mix
1/4-1/2 stick soft butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Mix and sprinkle on top

Bake at 350 about 45 minutes.

I can't find the recipe so this is from memory. If I do find it and something is different, I will edit this but I think it is right (the only thing I am concerned about is the amount of spices for the cloves, ginger and nutmeg-they may be short). Also, I have adjusted based on what ingredients I did or didn't have on hand and never had a problem
This is really good...I can attest to that. I am makine my second one this week.

I ammended it to add the one cup of sugar listed to go in the topping to the filling. No sugar needed in topping.
Zonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 07:40   #141
kcb
Southern Lady

Quote:
Originally posted by Toodles
Anyone got a good basic cookie dough mix recipe ?
Like Wulfinite said,

Sugar? Chocolate Chip?

Or, I have a Refrigerator Cookie Dough recipe, for Christmas Cookies?

Karen
Old 11-22-2006, 07:42   #142
kcb
Southern Lady

Re: Re: Punkin Stuff

Quote:
Originally posted by Arizonny
This is really good...I can attest to that. I am makine my second one this week.

I ammended it to add the one cup of sugar listed to go in the topping to the filling. No sugar needed in topping.
That does sound good! Never heard of using Yellow Cake mix for
the crust before...I take that back, one friend of mine has used it for a creamy fruit pie crust.

Sounds great! I might try that!

Karen

Last edited by kcb; 11-24-2006 at 13:30..
Old 11-28-2006, 16:17   #143
Zonny

Black Bottom Banana Cream Pie
1 (9-inch) pastry crust
3 tbsp cornstarch, divided
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
dash of salt
1 1/3 cps milk divided
1 ounce semisweet chocolate chopped
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1 tbsp stick butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 ounces block style cream cheese
2 cups sliced (about 2) bananas
1 1/2 cups frozen whipped topping

1. Prepare and bake pastry crust in 9-in pie plate. cool completely

2. Combine 1 tbsp cornstarch, 2 tbsp sugar, cocoa, and dash of salt in a small, heavy saucepan, gradually adding 1/3 cup milk with whisk. Cook 2 minutes over med-low heat. Stir in chocolate, bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low, cook 1 minute stirring constantly. Spread chocolate mixture in bottom of prepared crust.

3. Combine 2 tbps cornstarch, 1/2 cp sugar, 1/4 tsp salt, eggs, 1 cup milk and butter in a heavy pan over medium heat.Stirring constantly with whisk. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and cook until think about 30 seconds). Add 1/4 cup hot custard to cream cheese and beat until jus blended. Stir in remaining custard.

4. Arrange banana slices on top of chocolate layer, spoon custard over bananas. Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard, chill for 4 hours. remove plastic wrap. Spread whipped topping evenly over custard. Garnish with chocolate curls. Chill until ready to serve.