Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-07-2006, 02:29   #121
MtBaldy
Obie Wan, RIP

Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs. VR
this is not mine, just saw it online and don't wanna lose it:

I use BigOven recipe software. You can get a free trial at www.bigoven.com. It's pretty easy to import recipes off the web.

Here's a recipe from Paula Deen we enjoy:

Baked Spaghetti

-= Ingredients =-

2 cups canned diced tomatoes
2 cups tomato sauce
1 cup water
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
2 cloves garlic ; chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 1/2 teaspoons House Seasoning ; recipe follows
1 1/2 teaspoons seasoning salt
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
2 small bay leaves
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
1 cup grated cheddar
1 cup grated Monterey Jack

-= Instructions =-

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a stockpot, combine the tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, onions, peppers, garlic, parsley, seasoning mixtures, sugar, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil over high heat, and then reduce the heat and let simmer, covered, for 1 hour. Crumble the ground beef in a large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until fully cooked, with no pink color remaining. Drain the fat from the meat, and then add the ground beef to the stockpot. Simmer for 20 more minutes. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Cover the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch pan with sauce. Add a layer of pasta and then a little less than 1/2 of each cheese; repeat the layers, ending with the sauce. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Top the casserole with the remaining cheese, return it to the oven, and continue to cook until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 5 more minutes. Cut into squares before serving.

House Seasoning:

1 cup salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup garlic powder

ps I imported your recipe too.
MtBaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 22:23   #122
Madame O

Quote:
Originally posted by Historian
I admit it's not mine alone. But i love Emeril's cooking.

Warning: Before making have cardiologist on standby.

Four Cheese Spinach Lasagna

1 (20-ounce) package fresh spinach, tough stems removed and washed
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup minced shallots
2 teaspoons minced garlic
3/4 pound portobello mushrooms, stems removed and sliced (about 3 large)
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
4 cups whole milk
1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
2 1/2 cups grated Parmesan
15 ounces fresh ricotta
1 1/2 cups grated Fontina or provolone
1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella
1 pound lasagna noodles, cooked to al dente

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spinach and cook for 2 minutes. Drain in a fine mesh strainer, pressing with a large spoon to release as much water as possible. Finely chop and set aside.
In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms, 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and black pepper, and cook, stirring, until the mushrooms are tender and have given off their liquid, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.

To make the bechamel sauce, in a large saucepan, melt the remaining 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, to make a light roux, about 2 minutes. Whisking constantly, slowly add the milk and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, the nutmeg, and 1 cup of the Parmesan and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.

In a bowl, combine the ricotta, fontina, and mozzarella cheeses. Fold in 1/4 cup of the bechamel sauce.

Across the bottom of a deep-dish lasagna pan (13 by 9-inches), spoon enough bechamel sauce to cover (about 1/2 cup). Then add 1/4 of the mushrooms and sprinkle 1/4 of the spinach across. Arrange a layer of cooked noodles side-by-side across the sauce. Spread another layer of bechamel over the noodles and top with more spinach, mushrooms, and cheese. Repeat layering with sauce, noodles, spinach, and cheese 2 more times, ending with noodles on top. Sprinkle the remaining 1 1/2 cups of Parmesan over the top, cover tightly with aluminum foil, and bake until the noodles are tender and the lasagna is hot and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Uncover and continue baking until golden brown on top, about 10 minutes.

Let rest for 10 to 15 minutes before serving. Serve hot.

Well, let's try that tonight
Madame O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 20:39   #123
nsb22
TEAM OAF

Send a message via AIM to nsb22 Send a message via Yahoo to nsb22

2 potatoes (more if making for family)
1 onion
lawrys seasoned salt- to taste
lawrys seasoned pepper- to taste
garlic salt- to taste
2 sheets of tin foil
can of pam

Slice the potatoes. You can skin them if you want. Slice the onion. On your first sheet of foil, coat with pam and then put half of your onion on the bottom with all of the dry ingredients. Place the potato slices on top of that. Top off with the rest of your onions and more dry ingredients. Place second sheet of foil on top and roll the two pieces of foil together to make a good pouch to keep most of the steam in!!! Throw this on the grill a little before your steaks. When they are fork tender, they are done.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
nsb22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 13:23   #124
LV 702
CLM Number 179
Charter Lifetime Member

Re: OAF recipes

Quote:
Originally posted by Patricia
Post em if you got em. ;f

I have a few to add, but the 24 nazi is watching. ;f
I've never read this thread before but I know your talking about me!!! When 24 is on all you should be doing is watching it not post.
LV 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 03:35   #125
MB-G26
Lifetime Membership
Inertia Bound

Ok, let's have some veggie recipies!

I spent some time trolling around foodnetwork.com, but most of the veggie centered recipies I found were either wayyyyyyyy out there or involved a couple of things I cannot abide: eggplant, capers, wierd squash. (Or, they are based on the really REALLY expensive mushrooms.... and I DO get told I spend to much money at the grocery....)

I did find one that sounds good.....but I need to devise some interesting things to do w/veggies beyond just different salads or casssaroles.

Quote:
Vegetable Tempura
Recipe courtesy Jamie Oliver
Show: The Naked Chef
Episode: The Band

Tempura batter is very handy and easy to make. You can use it with just about any vegetable, as long as they are cut thin enough so that the vegetable can just cook and soften in the same time as it takes for the batter to crisp. These can be eaten alone as a starter with a good sprinkle of rock salt, halves of lemon or lime and possibly some of the dips. The battered vegetables also make a nice side dish, especially with simply cooked meat or fish and a salad.

7 ounces plain flour
3 1/2 ounces corn flour
Ice-cold water, preferably soda or sparkling
3 pounds of assorted vegetables (see below)

Add all the flour to a bowl. With the handle of a spoon, or a chopstick, mix, and stir in the ice-cold water until the mixture is slightly thicker than buttermilk consistency. Make a point of not mixing thoroughly, as tempura is renowned for lumps of flour.
Dip sliced vegetables (zucchini, onions, eggplants, carrots, bell peppers, sweet potatoes, string beans, broccoli, wild mushrooms, fresh herbs, and bok choy) any vegetables will work but these are the most commonly used) into the batter mixture and shake off any excess.

Deep fry vegetables in a wok or deep fat fryer (you can use a frying pan if you do not have anything else, you just need about 7cm/3 inches of clean oil) at 200C/400F/Gas 6 until the batter is light golden in color and crisp. (Any large amounts of hot oil in a kitchen, especially in woks which are not always that sturdy, scare me, please be careful and do not leave the pan unattended.) Turn the vegetables at intervals to ensure that both sides are cooked equally and then fish them out with a slotted spoon, shaking off any excess oil. Place them on kitchen paper towels and eat as soon as possible. The reason that I keep going on about eating them so quickly is because as your hot cooked vegetables cool down inside the batter they begin to steam, making them less crisp as time goes on. Good tempura should be crispy and is one of those things that should be made and cooked quickly and eaten straight away.

Tempura Dipping Sauce:
1 cup rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 handful cilantro, chopped
1 small chile, seeded and finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Pour the rice wine vinegar into a small bowl. Add the sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Taste for sweetness. Add cilantro, chile, and garlic and mix well. Season with salt and pepper and allow to sit for 10 minutes to 1 hour, for flavors to combine.
I am slowly falling apart - I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start. You might think it's easy being me ... Sometimes I find myself shaking - In the middle of the night. And then it hits me and I can't - Even believe this is my life
(The Wreckers; "Stand Still; Look Pretty")
MB-G26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 18:18   #126
pesticidal
CLM Number 181
Eh?

Send a message via Yahoo to pesticidal

Having trouble keeping up with these recipes? I found a free program that works pretty nice.

http://www.recipecentersoftware.com/
Old 11-10-2006, 09:08   #127
MrsKitty

Punkin Stuff

Punkin stuff

Crust:

1 box butter recipe yellow cake mix (set aside 1 cup)
1 stick melted butter
1 egg

Mix and "pour" in bottom of pan. It will be really thick so you will have to press it into place some.

Filling:

2 cup pumpkin (I have used canned, fresh and frozen from earlier in the year, adjust for liquid using fresh/frozen)
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg

*if using fresh/frozen pumpkin, add a pinch of salt

Mix and pour over crust.

Topping:
1 cup cake mix
1/4-1/2 stick soft butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Mix and sprinkle on top

Bake at 350 about 45 minutes.

I can't find the recipe so this is from memory. If I do find it and something is different, I will edit this but I think it is right (the only thing I am concerned about is the amount of spices for the cloves, ginger and nutmeg-they may be short). Also, I have adjusted based on what ingredients I did or didn't have on hand and never had a problem
Old 11-10-2006, 13:50   #128
gruntmedik
CLM Number 291
Honk Honk

I think I love you
Old 11-12-2006, 11:19   #129
MrsKitty

Quote:
Originally posted by gruntmedik
I think I love you

Old 11-12-2006, 17:04   #130
Arizona
Ender's Request

Rats

No not those kind of rats.

Take a bunch of jalapenos, cut the tops off, and split them down the middle. Scoop the seeds out. Spoon some cream cheese into the jalapeno half, top with a small piece of chicken breast, wrap with half a strip of bacon. Throw them on the grill until the bacon is good and cooked, no need to flip em. If you don't have a grill throw them on a cookie sheet and put them in the oven at about that temperature. It's been awhile since I cooked em in the oven, but I think it was around 400. Gauranteed you will not be able to eat just one.
Old 11-15-2006, 18:41   #131
kcb
Southern Lady

Chicken Marsala

Does anyone have a good recipe for Chicken Marsala?

We have a new restaurant in town that serves it and it is wonderful.

My husband and I just had some for dinner this evening; it seems like it would not be that difficult to make. I did a search but haven't been successful yet.

If anyone has a recipe, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!

Karen
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 19:02   #132
MtBaldy
Obie Wan, RIP

Re: Chicken Marsala

Quote:
Originally posted by kcb405
Does anyone have a good recipe for Chicken Marsala?

I haven't tried this but everything I have fixed of his was very good. My guess is this would be too:

Chicken Marsala Recipe
courtesy Tyler Florence and JoAnn Cianciulli

4 skinless, boneless, chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
All-purpose flour, for dredging
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
8 ounces crimini or porcini mushrooms, stemmed and halved
1/2 cup sweet Marsala wine
1/2 cup chicken stock
2 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley

Put the chicken breasts side by side on a cutting board and lay a piece of plastic wrap over them; pound with a flat meat mallet, until they are about 1/4-inch thick. Put some flour in a shallow platter and season with a fair amount of salt and pepper; mix with a fork to distribute evenly.
Heat the oil over medium-high flame in a large skillet. When the oil is nice and hot, dredge both sides of the chicken cutlets in the seasoned flour, shaking off the excess. Slip the cutlets into the pan and fry for 5 minutes on each side until golden, turning once – do this in batches if the pieces don't fit comfortably in the pan. Remove the chicken to a large platter in a single layer to keep warm.
Lower the heat to medium and add the prosciutto to the drippings in the pan, saute for 1 minute to render out some of the fat. Now, add the mushrooms and saute until they are nicely browned and their moisture has evaporated, about 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Pour the Marsala in the pan and boil down for a few seconds to cook out the alcohol. Add the chicken stock and simmer for a minute to reduce the sauce slightly. Stir in the butter and return the chicken to the pan; simmer gently for 1 minute to heat the chicken through. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with chopped parsley before serving.
Old 11-15-2006, 19:36   #133
kcb
Southern Lady

Thank you so much!

Sounds good! Can't wait to try it!

Karen
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 22:53   #134
gruntmedik
CLM Number 291
Honk Honk

Re: Rats

Quote:
Originally posted by Arizona

Take a bunch of jalapenos, cut the tops off, and split them down the middle. Scoop the seeds out. Spoon some cream cheese into the jalapeno half, top with a small piece of chicken breast, wrap with half a strip of bacon. Throw them on the grill until the bacon is good and cooked, no need to flip em. If you don't have a grill throw them on a cookie sheet and put them in the oven at about that temperature. It's been awhile since I cooked em in the oven, but I think it was around 400. Gauranteed you will not be able to eat just one.
I made some last night, dayum
Old 11-18-2006, 09:52   #135
Toodles

Anyone got a good basic cookie dough mix recipe ?
Toodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:50   #136
Wulfenite
The King

Sugar? Chocolate Chip? ??????
Old 11-18-2006, 11:36   #137
MtBaldy
Obie Wan, RIP

Re: Rats

Quote:
Originally posted by Arizona

BBQ pros and caterers make somthing similar called Atomic Buffalo Turds, also very good:

http://www.bbqinstitute.com/appetizers.htm
Old 11-20-2006, 18:29   #138
Gasoil4ever
Glock Frog

Steamed Cider Thuna

Its delicious... but can't bother to translate...

- 1 morceau de thon de 1,200 kg
- 50 g de beurre
- sel et poivre
- 2 verres de cidre

Sauce :

- 3 cuillères à soupe de crème fraîche
- 300 g de champignons de couche
- 30 g de beurre
- un filet de citron

Préparation :

Mettez le morceau de thon (après avoir retiré la peau) dans un plat beurré allant au four.
Parsemez de parcelles de beurre, assaisonnez, puis arrosez avec le cidre et enfournez à four chaud préchauffé.

Faites cuire pendant 1 heure maximum, en arrosant souvent avec le cidre présent dans le plat.

Au moment de servir, liez le jus de cuisson avec la crème et ajoutez les champignons préalablement sautés au beurre et arrosés d'un filet de citron.
G1 Niners Club #1-French
Former guns : G17F, G19, G26, S&W 686 6", 1911 Gold Cup, Contender 7mm TCU, Tanfoglio 99 Sport
Waiting for my local CCW permit
Gasoil4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 20:31   #139
Mrs. VR
Administrator

Re: Steamed Cider Thuna

Quote:
Originally posted by Gasoil4ever
Its delicious... but can't bother to translate...

Quote:
- 1 piece of tuna of 1,200 kg - 50 G of butter - salt and pepper - 2 cider glasses Sauce: - 3 spoons with soup of fresh cream - 300 G of cultivated mushrooms - 30 G of butter - a lemon net Preparation: Put the piece of tuna (after having withdrawn the skin) in a buttered dish going at the furnace. Strew with butter pieces, season, then sprinkle with the cider and charge with preheated hot furnace. Make cook during 1 maximum hour, while often sprinkling with the cider present in the dish. At the time of being useful, bind the juice of cooking with the cream and add mushrooms beforehand jumped to butter and sprinkled with a lemon net. __________________

90/9/1

Mrs. VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 15:18   #140
Zonny

Re: Punkin Stuff

Quote:
Originally posted by misskitty5077
Punkin stuff

Crust:

1 box butter recipe yellow cake mix (set aside 1 cup)
1 stick melted butter
1 egg

Mix and "pour" in bottom of pan. It will be really thick so you will have to press it into place some.

Filling:

2 cup pumpkin (I have used canned, fresh and frozen from earlier in the year, adjust for liquid using fresh/frozen)
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg

*if using fresh/frozen pumpkin, add a pinch of salt

Mix and pour over crust.

Topping:
1 cup cake mix
1/4-1/2 stick soft butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Mix and sprinkle on top

Bake at 350 about 45 minutes.

I can't find the recipe so this is from memory. If I do find it and something is different, I will edit this but I think it is right (the only thing I am concerned about is the amount of spices for the cloves, ginger and nutmeg-they may be short). Also, I have adjusted based on what ingredients I did or didn't have on hand and never had a problem
This is really good...I can attest to that. I am makine my second one this week.

I ammended it to add the one cup of sugar listed to go in the topping to the filling. No sugar needed in topping.
Zonny is offline   Reply With Quote