Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-12-2006, 14:26   #1
hi speed
10MMGLOCKROCKER

Send a message via Yahoo to hi speed
Hi Speed is a Civilian!

I just returned from saying my last goodbyes on base and will be getting on the road in a couple of days. I still have to fill out the moving forms and file with the VA when I get home. It is hard watching from the sidelines when all of your buds are over there and your'e conus and broken. Maybe my future holds a position for me helping wounded soldiers.

This is one of the weirdest feelings I've ever had. I feel like somebody killed my dog and at the same time I feel releif.

Just needed to thank all GTers for helping to keep me occupied and informed when I was down and out.

Hi Speed
hi speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 14:27   #2
pesticidal
CLM Number 181
Eh?

Send a message via Yahoo to pesticidal

Old 05-12-2006, 15:37   #3
Sapperstang
Paratrooper

I know the feeling bro. I got out a couple years ago and still sometimes have feelings of regret. It's a strange feeling but it's passing with time. Good luck.
Sapperstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 15:56   #4
Fred Hansen
Liberal Bane

When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. - George Santayana
Fred Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 11:53   #5
AR15Armory JAY

Send a message via Yahoo to AR15Armory JAY
Thank you for your service, and I hope everything works out for you.

I had two knee operations and major shoulder surgery before my final ETS. I still bleed OD green. I would do it all again if I could. Keep your chin up and be proud of what you did.

Drop me a line if you ever need anything or just want somebody to listen.

Jay
Old 05-15-2006, 17:17   #6
Boats2006

BDU's to Civies

Thank your for you service to our country. We are all proud of you!!

Many of us never got over the feelings you have right now. In the natural order of things, you'll adapt, improvise and adjust. You write with such conviction and insight - that coupled with your your experience and training will serve you well. To me you are success and will continue being successful no matter the place.

I cant believe you're being discharge (I hate that word discharge) without the benefit of the VA and it's programs. You might consider joining a DAV/VFW/Legion Post even if it's for the advice they can give on VA programs. This nation owes you a lot besides it's heartfelt thanks - that's what the VA was designed for.

Wishing you the best...

Boats2006
Boats2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 21:15   #7
hi speed
10MMGLOCKROCKER

Send a message via Yahoo to hi speed
I'm Home now and all is well. I have taken a few days to settle in and plan to visit the VA later this week. I don't exactly know how they operate but I should get a small disability check and education/job placement services. The job market looks O.K. and I'll start sending out resumes in June.

Thanks Ya'll Hi Speed
hi speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 08:11   #8
td.trmntr

Hey bro!

I think we all have gone through what you are now. I was in seventeen when I got out in late 2001. I'm still not fully adjusted but I work at it everyday. Good luck and take care. AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY!!!
td.trmntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 19:52   #9
kawalerzysta

Old 05-27-2006, 15:42   #10
IraT

Hi speed is still lowdrag!!

At 04:00 I still wakeup, and it took me years to get to where I wouldnt fall in step with whom ever I was walking with even upon attemting to keep out of step I couldnt do it.

I am also one of those whom feel as if I made every effort to make to playoffs and got sidelinedd just before the game of a lifetime. Yes it is still hard to swallow that pill of not being able to give MY 110% to the situation at hand.

Put your training and military mindset to use in other applications, love your family and support the other troops once they get home, cuz lord knows they as well as you need the face time that only ya'll can give to one another.

Todd out
Ruger Mark II, Keltec p32, Colt Police Positive 38 S&W, G26, G27, Para P12 LW, SA 5" LW Bi-tone, SA 5" LW Matte, S&W 629 8-3/8", Rem 700 BDL 30-06 LH, Win model 70 30-06, 3 Marlin 336's, Colt AR-15 Match ..............
IraT is offline   Reply With Quote