Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-07-2006, 07:33   #1
bertud ng putik

chip mccormick hammer and sear

guys bukod sa ed brown and wilson hammer and sear., im planning to buy chip mccormick hammer and sear na lang for my norinco. may kamahalan kasi ed brown at wilson at talagang di pasok sa budget ko.

ok ba ang chip mccormick hammer at sear? kasi eto lang ang swak sa budget ko. im not naman a hard shooter. kalimitan once a month lang ako mag shooting at 50 to 100 rounds lang ako pumutok.

matibay ba itong chip mccormick? ang habol ko lang naman ay nasa kondisyon lang at naputok ang baril ko ay ok na! tnx!
Old 04-07-2006, 07:42   #2
Allegra

Depends on the trigger pull you want
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 07:48   #3
i_am_infinity
Pang Altar

on a 3 1/2lbs trigger pull on my single stack, the mccormick hammer has been flawless...

BOG #6
i_am_infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 07:58   #4
infinitecolt

A lot of us made recommendations on your problematic hammer and sear. Perhaps this can juggle your memory.

http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?...=&pagenumber=1

CMC hammer and sear are MIM parts, the same with Wilson's Value Line parts. They are softer than barstock.

Most would recommend the Ed Brown, STI, etc. since they are barstock and would stand abuse of a trigger job. If your budget is not yet enough, try to save some more. It is cheaper in the long run. Hope this clears up anymore of your confusion.
infinitecolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 10:47   #5
paltik45

Sir why not try ARMSCOR hammer and sear? I know somebody here will burst my buble and say they are "soft." But mine worked pretty good after 12,000 to 13,000 rounds . It just need to be tuned properly by a competent smith. I been through the path you've been going through kabayan. A lot of senior shooterS from LAGCOM knows I am on a very tight budget when I was back home. They recomended METRILLO for the trigger job and metrillo knows Im tight on the money. They said ARMSCOR is good and will last 10,000rnds and I guess it is true.

PS I dont know if SAM parts have improved over the years but I dont have much luck on their hammer, sear and firing pin stop way back in 1997.

"I believe in the POWER of reason but not the use of POWER as a reason."
paltik45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 17:55   #6
Django

If you're on a budget, with your monthly 50-100 rounds and assuming that your gun is not a competition gun, I would suggest that you replace your hammer/sear with the original Norc ones and tune your pull to no less than 4 lbs. Anything lower and you are risking another hammer follow thru.

You'll be surprised that even Armscor hammers and sears go a long way if tweaked properly and not subjected to the abuse usually associated with the heavy dry/live fires drills of competitive shooters.
Django is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 18:35   #7
paltik45

I also agree with kabayang Django. Just do the math, magkano gagastusin mo sa made in USA na pyesa plus gunsmithing? pagka STI or cylinder & slide pa yung hammer/sear mo aabutin na ng $130 to $140 (paki convert na lang po sa piso) wala pa yung labor. Minsan lumalabas na mas mahal pa sa baril mo yung mga add-on's and accessories. For me there is no such thing as drop-in parts and "no gunsmithing needed" sa mga critical and mechanical parts. Para din makina ng auto iyan kabayan kailangan din ng tune up. So, kung hindi na talaga pwede yung orig na pyesa mo ay mag ARMSCOR ka na lang. Eh ano ba ang malay nila kung armscor iyan or ed brown. Pag nasa loob na ng baril mo ay pare-pareho na rin iyan basta ipa-tune up mo sa mahusay na gunsmith.
This reminds me when I was starting in IPSC. Hindi ko na babangitin ang pangalan ng shooter na ito. Aba pagka yabang at naka Para-ord sya with all the bling bling. Eh, ako I dont mind na naka hi-cap na ARMSCOR ko but I make it to a point na naka tune up yung baril. Pag labas ng bola panay jam nung baril nya and after a few months nabalitaan ko na nag-crack yung frame nya.
Also check this website to give you a heads up on 1911 gunsmithing.

www.blindhogg.com

Old 04-07-2006, 19:16   #8
isuzu

Quote:
Originally posted by paltik45
This reminds me when I was starting in IPSC. Hindi ko na babangitin ang pangalan ng shooter na ito. Aba pagka yabang at naka Para-ord sya with all the bling bling. Eh, ako I dont mind na naka hi-cap na ARMSCOR ko but I make it to a point na naka tune up yung baril. Pag labas ng bola panay jam nung baril nya and after a few months nabalitaan ko na nag-crack yung frame nya.
Also check this website to give you a heads up on 1911 gunsmithing.

www.blindhogg.com
If I'm not mistaken, Para-Ordnance frame and slide are cast. My gunsmith would call me when he checkers a Para-Ord pistol and compare it with an Armscor pistol. There are blow holes on the frame of Para Ords. I've seen them.

Also, the guy probably was using springs that were too soft for the load he was using, that's why the gun kept on jamming and the frame cracked.

Samozaryadniy Karabin sistemi Simonova
isuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 19:17   #9
isuzu

Re: chip mccormick hammer and sear

Quote:
Originally posted by bertud ng putik
guys bukod sa ed brown and wilson hammer and sear., im planning to buy chip mccormick hammer and sear na lang for my norinco. may kamahalan kasi ed brown at wilson at talagang di pasok sa budget ko.

ok ba ang chip mccormick hammer at sear? kasi eto lang ang swak sa budget ko. im not naman a hard shooter. kalimitan once a month lang ako mag shooting at 50 to 100 rounds lang ako pumutok.

matibay ba itong chip mccormick? ang habol ko lang naman ay nasa kondisyon lang at naputok ang baril ko ay ok na! tnx!
Absolutely nothing wrong with CMC hammer and sear even if they're MIM. I had it on my Norinco and was very satisfied with the trigger pull.

Samozaryadniy Karabin sistemi Simonova
isuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 20:18   #10
mtho

Re: Re: chip mccormick hammer and sear

Quote:
Originally posted by isuzu
Absolutely nothing wrong with CMC hammer and sear even if they're MIM. I had it on my Norinco and was very satisfied with the trigger pull.
me too, I think mine droped in at 2.5 lbs only tweeked the sear spring.
mtho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 21:20   #11
bertud ng putik

maraming salamat sa inyong lahat! god bless!
Old 04-07-2006, 22:02   #12
paltik45

Quote:
Originally posted by isuzu
If I'm not mistaken, Para-Ordnance frame and slide are cast. My gunsmith would call me when he checkers a Para-Ord pistol and compare it with an Armscor pistol. There are blow holes on the frame of Para Ords. I've seen them.

Also, the guy probably was using springs that were too soft for the load he was using, that's why the gun kept on jamming and the frame cracked.
Yup tumpak kabayan! In fairness meron din po na mga "void" spots ang armscor frame as I have some on mine. Kaya nga okay lang sa akin na ilaban ng sabayan yung pyesa ko kasi abot kaya sa bulsa . Sabi nga dito ng mga puti ay "you got what you pay for" but in every rule there is an exception.