SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-08-2006, 10:12   #1
lwt210

Great, last night's hail storm got my cars

Okay,

I know nothing about how they go about fixing hail damage on cars. I would say the hail was quarter/marble sized and both my cars took hits. I would put them both in the moderate hail damage range.

So my insurance is on the case now. How do they go about fixing cars with this type of damage? From what I gather, there is the traditional body shop method and then something called paintless dent removal.

One is a 06 Maxima and the other one is a 97 Taurus. Both fully covered and the Ford is paid for and I owe about half on the Nissan.

Any thoughts or experiences greatly appreciated. I probably need a new roof now too but that is another forum.

And yes, I am sick about the Maxima. She has 1200 miles on her and looks like she has been shot with a shot gun from way off.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-08-2006, 13:02   #2
perception

Send a message via AIM to perception
I can't help you out, but the hail got me too. I have a carport, but I was at work and we got nailed. I am sick about it. Good luck getting it fixed.
perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 00:38   #3
Roro

Send a message via AIM to Roro

If they dont fix it for ya larry, i can find a way to vandalize it...

we can test the new 12ga and see what buckshot and slugs do to maximas
Old 04-10-2006, 08:42   #4
SJRTX
Plastic Lover

Re: Great, last night's hail storm got my cars

Quote:
Originally posted by lwt210
Okay,

I know nothing about how they go about fixing hail damage on cars. I would say the hail was quarter/marble sized and both my cars took hits. I would put them both in the moderate hail damage range.

So my insurance is on the case now. How do they go about fixing cars with this type of damage? From what I gather, there is the traditional body shop method and then something called paintless dent removal.

One is a 06 Maxima and the other one is a 97 Taurus. Both fully covered and the Ford is paid for and I owe about half on the Nissan.

Any thoughts or experiences greatly appreciated. I probably need a new roof now too but that is another forum.

And yes, I am sick about the Maxima. She has 1200 miles on her and looks like she has been shot with a shot gun from way off.

Thanks in advance.
They will probably have to repaint the areas that were hit. If I recall correctly, they pull the dents out (by spot welding pins to the dents) grind it all down smooth(add filler if necessary) and repaint. I hope you dont have a hard color to match. I learned the hard way a long time ago. Make sure you look it over real damn good before you accept it. In my case the paint was darker than the rest(probably only noticeable to me, but it bothered me).
Lone Star Glockers #346

The Kalashnikov Klub #346
SJRTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:14   #5
lwt210

Well,

After the sun hit them and I washed them yesterday, I would say 60 percent of the dings worked themselves out. The remaining ones are a lot shallower than they were.

When it comes down to it, they could replace the trunk and hood and it would pass for new. There are only a couple left in the roof and the ones in the front quarter panels popped right out.

My insurance agent said that PDR is commonplace around here. I guess they will get the two or three left in the roof iwth PDR method and replace the hood and trunk. I'll be pleased if that happens.

The hood took the worst beating on the Maxima. I would say there are thirty to forty dings still in it. The trunk still has a dozen or so but you got to look real hard to see them.

Oh well, such is life. Zero deductible is nice when this kind of thing happens.