SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-16-2006, 15:16   #1
Boj917

Buying gun parts from the US

HI Fellow BOGs!

Im in Texas right now and was wondering if i can buy 1911 parts here since it is much cheaper and bring it back home to manila. Would i have any problems if i place the items in my check in luggage? I'm planning to buy the ff:

ambi safety
sear
beavertail
hammer
and chip power mags
linear lock knives

Thanks in advance for your replies!
Boj917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 19:38   #2
9MX
Rei!

It might be a good idea to just PM your reply to Boj. This is because there could be replies that would border on illegal acts/etc.

We don't want another trolled/locked thread.Thanks
Old 04-17-2006, 06:01   #3
infinitecolt

This has been discussed too numerous times before. Yeah it is always cheap buying gun parts in the US but it is a crime to bring them out of the country. Airports are more stricter. Whatever method you try bringing them outside the US, be ready with the punishment and all the unnecessary expenses for just saving on a few bucks.

Got to be kidding on the magazines and knives.
infinitecolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 07:09   #4
riddler

Don't do it!
riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 07:50   #5
mikol

Quote:
Originally posted by riddler
Don't do it!
yup +10
it's better be safe than sorry.
mikol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 08:03   #6
9MX
Rei!

Quote:
Originally posted by infinitecolt

... and knives.
Is there a law in the US that prohibits shipping these out? Of course you can't carry them on your person when travelling by plane
Old 04-17-2006, 10:24   #7
casmot
Re membered

Quote:
Originally posted by 9MX
Is there a law in the US that prohibits shipping these out? Of course you can't carry them on your person when travelling by plane
With knives, I don't think there is. The prohibition only covers firearms and parts thereof. But with Airlines policies, you're not allowed to have knives even in your checked-in luggages. Better mail it or send it via courier.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:30   #8
asintaderoche

Quote:
With knives, I don't think there is. The prohibition only covers firearms and parts thereof. But with Airlines policies, you're not allowed to have knives even in your checked-in luggages. Better mail it or send it via courier.

your good on this, I brought 2 victorinox swiss knife pasalubong the last time I flew.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:47   #9
casmot
Re membered

Quote:
Originally posted by asintaderoche
your good on this, I brought 2 victorinox swiss knife pasalubong the last time I flew.
Yes and I even know a couple of persons who can even bring home gun parts in there check-in luggages. What I stated, was the general policy and not the exceptions.

You can be doing it a number of times and not get caught. But all it takes is getting caught once and you'll be blacklisted.
Old 04-17-2006, 18:38   #10
isuzu

Quote:
Originally posted by asintaderoche
My brother who is a chef, carries his knives and other utensils in a heavy duty plastic tool box whenever he travels from Manila to Bacolod. He declares them when he checks in the tool box. I think he brought his knives to the US once.

As long as it is properly locked and declared upon check in, I see no problem with bringing knives.

Samozaryadniy Karabin sistemi Simonova

Last edited by isuzu; 04-17-2006 at 18:44..
isuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 14:42   #11
valian

knives

I always bring a lot of knives such as Swiss army knives for gifts ( at times 15-20) whenever I come to the Philippines because I buy them wholesale here in the US and have never encountered any problem. When switching to a domestic flight on PAL the PNP officer was alerted by the bag examiner that I had knives in my luggage last November. He examined some and I explained that they are for gifts for my girlfriend's family and that it was check-in luggage. As long as they are in your check-in baggage and not trying to carry on the plane you will be alright.

I also always have some personal folding knives, a dive knife and sometimes even a small bolo in my check in luggage and have only had security 'seal' the bag before I check it in. No problems ever.

valian
valian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 17:52   #12
Boj917

Thank you so much for your replies!

I feel more confident now in buying the gunparts i need for my porty payb
Boj917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 18:54   #13
batangueno
Shock Resist

Quote:
Originally posted by Boj917
Thank you so much for your replies!

I feel more confident now in buying the gunparts i need for my porty payb
Bro, they are talking about knives and not gunparts.
batangueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 10:33   #14
vega

Dude - You're not new to this forum and it has been discussed over and over again. But if you're insistent, don't forget to buy soap.
BOG #005
vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 10:47   #15
9MX
Rei!

Quote:
Originally posted by vega
Dude - You're not new to this forum and it has been discussed over and over again. But if you're insistent, don't forget to buy soap.
i'm sure there's cooking oil available somewhere

joke only ha
Old 04-20-2006, 00:37   #16
dinggaling
APO Traveler

balitaan nyo na lang kami kung saan ka pwedeng dalawin...
Old 05-01-2006, 21:01   #17
ahtsay

What about springs? Say recoil spring, mag springs, main springs? Would this be ok? I'm sure case tumblers, timers, holsters, mag pouch shouldn't be a problem right? Someone should write a handbook on this.
ahtsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 06:50   #18
bikethief
itchy trigger

Our hobby is not a cheap one. People who get into this generally have a little extra money to spare. That being said, why not just buy locally at a premium just to avoid all the hassle and at the same time support our local gun dealers? Ang pagtitipid baka mauwi sa pagsisisi sa huli.

- bikethief
bikethief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 07:22   #19
ahtsay

Prices too High

I would really want to support my local gunstore if it actually supports the local shooters. Apparently, in my opinion, their high prices is proof enough that they do not support the local shooters. Can you imagine a C&S trigger group selling for maybe $150 in the US is being sold here for P16,000?? Another example is the Dillon brass tumbler...$100 in the US being sold for P13,000 here. Or an STi hammer being sold for $45 in the US is P3,900 here in Manila...you get the picture. The discrepancy is just too big to justify the purchase....unless you don't know the prices in the US...which is what happened to me. Bumili muna ako...tapos pag dating ko sa bahay, I checked...and was shocked! Hinde lang yon, how many times have you heard stories of gunstores selling branded parts pero locally made pala? Makes you think twice diba when you buy. Mahal na, hinde mo pa sure kung tunay...thats a big problem. Sayang nga eh, shooting is one of the few sports that Filipinos excell in, pero walang support from the government. Dapat tax free na ang gun parts! Our shooters bring pride and recognition to the country, pero.... Can you imagine how many talented shooters are in the country that can't afford to practice? Just my 2 cents worth... (at least my opinion is cheap)
ahtsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 07:40   #20
Allegra

actually , the reason shooters excel dito sa ating bansa is because di pinapakailaman ng govt
and I think dapat wag na maki alam ang ating beloved govt except sa facilitaion ng permits ng shooters

and your right , madami talented shooters hindi maka practice kasi wala sila pera pambili ng bala...huhuhuhu
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote