Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-07-2006, 04:37   #1
Critias
CLM Number 236
Freelancer

So, what's everyone interested in?

I'm known on a few other forums for my short fiction -- the problem is, it's (cue dramatic, horrible, music) fanfiction. I play a lot of video games, RPGs, etc, and many of the ideas I get for fiction spring from the settings and ideas of those games. I've got some cyberpunk stuff (near-future, think Blade Runner or similar), some superhero stuff (just one or two, there, I don't get bit by that bug real often), some samurai-era stuff (only with real magic and demons and such), some traditional fantasy stuff (Lord of the Rings, etc), and some steampunk stuff (traditional fantasy crossed with maybe WWI-era weaponry crossed with giant steam powered robots).

Now, upon reflection, trust me, I'm well aware just how ridiculous the above paragraph sounds. Honest. I know that, while reading that, you get images of Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons sitting somewhere in his underwear and tappity-tapping away on his keyboard about Star Trek and Xena or something.

That's most of why I haven't posted links to any of this stuff here. Glocktalk is the most serious, adult-oriented, forum I frequent on the 'net, and I'm well aware my fiction is very niche oriented. That said, I've heard from plenty of people (including professional writers) that it's pretty good, most of it's fairly serious and military in nature, and I thought I'd offer to share.

So, anyone interested in some "not quite mainstream" fiction? Or is this writer's forum primarily for the more real-world sort of stuff? Is fiction that mixes real-world guns and drama with elves and magic too "out there" for you guys? Or should I post a couple links and take my chances?
Critias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 23:51   #2
Demeshia
Piccolo Diavolo

Send a message via AIM to Demeshia Send a message via Yahoo to Demeshia
Quote:
I'm known on a few other forums for my short fiction -- the problem is, it's (cue dramatic, horrible, music) fanfiction. I play a lot of video games, RPGs, etc, and many of the ideas I get for fiction spring from the settings and ideas of those games. I've got some cyberpunk stuff (near-future, think Blade Runner or similar), some superhero stuff (just one or two, there, I don't get bit by that bug real often), some samurai-era stuff (only with real magic and demons and such), some traditional fantasy stuff (Lord of the Rings, etc), and some steampunk stuff (traditional fantasy crossed with maybe WWI-era weaponry crossed with giant steam powered robots).

Now, upon reflection, trust me, I'm well aware just how ridiculous the above paragraph sounds. Honest. I know that, while reading that, you get images of Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons sitting somewhere in his underwear and tappity-tapping away on his keyboard about Star Trek and Xena or something.

That's most of why I haven't posted links to any of this stuff here. Glocktalk is the most serious, adult-oriented, forum I frequent on the 'net, and I'm well aware my fiction is very niche oriented. That said, I've heard from plenty of people (including professional writers) that it's pretty good, most of it's fairly serious and military in nature, and I thought I'd offer to share.

So, anyone interested in some "not quite mainstream" fiction? Or is this writer's forum primarily for the more real-world sort of stuff? Is fiction that mixes real-world guns and drama with elves and magic too "out there" for you guys? Or should I post a couple links and take my chances?
I'm new here so I can't say, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that this forum is or is not strictly about real world stuff but personally I think it's kind of an off-topic forum.
In answer to your question though, I love the "Not quite mainstream" fiction. And I might also add that fan-fiction is a great way to start out. Nothing says you have to follow all the conventional methods of looking here or there for inspiration because in truth, inspiration will come to you from a great variety of places (I speak as a writer and artist myself...) so... In short, I would be interested in reading some of the things you have written.

*Laugh* By the way... Hello! I'm Meshia. (Sorry Manners were one of the two things drilled into me from a very young age and I felt I might have been a bit rude in not introducing myself.)
Old 06-22-2006, 08:07   #3
Gregoriev

Last edited by Gregoriev; 11-15-2011 at 13:52..
Gregoriev is offline   Reply With Quote