GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-14-2006, 06:52   #1
Gregoriev

Who actually reads this part of the forum?

Last edited by Gregoriev; 11-15-2011 at 13:52..
Gregoriev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 23:32   #2
AC37
SystemicAnomaly

I do try to check this forum on a fairly regular basis, but there's very little appreciable traffic in here unfortunately.
AC37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 05:41   #3
Gregoriev

Last edited by Gregoriev; 11-15-2011 at 13:53..
Old 06-15-2006, 06:04   #4
Miss Maggie

I check this forum almost every time I log on to Glock Talk.

Reality is for those who have no imagination.
Miss Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 08:59   #5
Kill Bill
Plane go boom.

sadly, there is little traffic here but it IS a forum for guns, not writers.

my work is at http://www.nanowrimo.org/userinfo.php?uid=98229.

the novel that's represented there is done. i'm going through the re-write process now. should be ready by fall.
Airline Captain
Member, Mystery Writers of America

Last edited by Kill Bill; 06-15-2006 at 09:04..
Kill Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 13:30   #6
Gregoriev

Old 06-15-2006, 14:11   #7
Kill Bill
Plane go boom.

here's a section from my book. it's all about guns. i apologize in advance for the language which, i presume, will be censored. i used to be a cop. they talk this way.

Bill followed me to Jerry's house. We parked down the street, out of sight of the front windows. We didn't expect anything but we wanted our visit to be a surprise.

We took a quick look down the sides of his house. Nothing had changed as far as I could tell. We rounded the garage and I saw the same collection of newspapers on the stoop and the same overflowing mailbox. The ratty curtains were drawn closed on the dirty front windows.

"Is he home?" said Bill.

"I don't know but all this same **** was piled up last time and he was home. Scared the crap out of me when he opened the door."

Bill looked at me and nodded. He stepped to the door and punched the door bell. I didn't hear anything inside.

"I can't hear for **** anymore. Did that ring?" said Bill.

"I didn't hear anything, either."

"**** it," Bill said as he began knocking solidly on the door. "Jerry? Jerry? It's Bill and Spence, your old partners. We need to talk to you for a minute. Come on out, OK?"

Nothing. Bill knocked again. "Jerry? Come on out. We really need to talk to you and we can't leave until we do." I listened intently. Not a creature was stirring. After a few moments Bill said, "You have his number?"

"Yeah, I think it's memorized," I said as I pulled my cell phone out of my pocket. I lost my grip on it just as it cleared my pocket and it fell, clattering on the cement, phone going one way, battery another. "****," I said as I bent down to pick it up--and the front window where my head had been a second before exploded in a roar of thunder and shattered glass.

"Jesus Christ!" Bill yelled. He fell backwards into the dead potted plants, reaching for his Glock. He was covered in small shards of glass.

"****!" I fell the other way, pulling my Glock as well. I saw glass glistening on the backs of my hands and jacket sleeves.

"What the **** are you doing, Spence? Jerry! Jerry! Stop shooting--now, *******it! Spence? What the **** are you doing with that Glock?"

"Jesus Christ! We're being shot at and you're worried about too many guns on our side? Jerry! Jerry! It's Spence. Stop shooting at us, OK?"

"Spence, *******it! You don't have a carry permit! Jerry! No more shooting, OK?"

"Yeah, I do have a permit! It's from the San Luis Sheriff! Jerry, come on now, no more, OK?"

"San Luis? Why the **** would he give you a carry permit? Jerry? Come on now, please, we just want to talk!"

"Why would he give me a permit? Maybe he thought my life would be in danger someday," I yelled nodding at the gaping hole that used to be the front window. "Jerry, please! We just aren't going to hurt you but please stop shooting, OK?"

"**** you! I know why you're here!" Jerry screamed. "I'm not going anywhere with you. I'm never going to jail!"

Bill looked at me from his cover position behind the dead and dying plants and nodded. I nodded back. Jerry was our guy.

"Jerry? Listen, it's Bill Martin. We just want to talk to you."

"I knew you'd be here sooner or later. I can't go to jail--I can't. You know what happens to cops in jail."

"Jerry? You won't go to jail, Jerry. You need some help, partner. We won't let them hurt you. But you gotta stop shooting at us, OK?

"**** you! Go away!"

"We can't go away, Jerry, you know that. Why don't you throw out your gun and talk to us, partner. We won't hurt you."

Bill started to creep back toward the window. "Come on, Jerry, please. It doesn't have to be like this." Closer. "Look, Jerry, I'm going to go and call some help. Spence is hurt and he might be losing blood. Let me go to the car and call for help for Spence. I'll be right back." Bill was right under the window, pressed against the wall. If Jerry stuck his head out, Bill would have him cold.

I looked at Bill and shook my head violently, mouthing "NO! NO! NO!" over and over again. Bill looked at me and nodded, aiming at an imaginary target. With his other hand, he pointed at me and made a "talk-to-him" sign.

I shook my head as I began to speak. Bill was going to do what Bill wanted and I was just the bystander. The only choice I had now was how innocent I wanted to be.

"Jerry? It's Spence. I'm right outside your door, just to your right a little. I've got glass all over me, partner. I might be cut up a little. I'm not going to hurt you, I promise you I won't. I'm not armed so I can't hurt you, Jerry. I lost my Glock when I fell. Just come to the door and help me out, OK? We can talk about it, Jerry. Just a couple of partners talking about stuff, OK?"

Nothing. It was very quiet where I sat in my pool of glass. I could hear the birds singing in the nearby trees and somewhere far away, a leaf blower ran at full-throttle. Jerry suddenly leaned out the window. "No, it's not OK," he said as he looked me in the eyes, and pointed the shotgun at me. I was raising my Glock when Bill shot him instead. Jerry fell back inside the window and Bill scrambled up, weapon raised. He had just cleared the window sill when there was another blast of Jerry's shotgun and a whole section of stucco erupted from the ceiling almost directly over my head. Bill fired twice wildly as he ducked back down below the window.

"OK, good plan, Bill, thanks," I said as I kicked the stucco off my legs. "Maybe we should just toss a couple of frags in there then go in with our SEAL knives in our teeth."

"Mmmmmm." It was Jerry inside the house. He didn't sound very good.

"Jerry? It's Spence. I know you're hurt and even though you tried to kill me with your shotgun, I still want to help you."

"You said you didn't have a gun," Jerry said weakly. "You lied to me." Disappointment and hurt in his voice.

That stabbed at me as I thought briefly back to my last visit here with Jerry. "I know. Sorry, partner, I had to, otherwise Bill was going to do something really stupid. You probably remember he's really good at that. Besides, Bill shot you, not me. And Bill's ready to do it again, believe me. He's got glass all over his new shirt, and he went ass-first into your plants out here, and he's pissed. But me? I'm still willing to talk to you--try to help you. But that ******* shotgun's got to go."

"I can't--I can't go to jail, Spence. They do things to cops--I can't let them do that, I can't," a heart-breaking sadness in his voice.

Then I heard that sound. It doesn't matter what your background is or where in the world you're from. It's a universal sound, hard wired into our deepest fears, and everyone knows what it means; the sound of a shotgun action being racked to load a fresh round.

I struggled to my feet. "Jerry! No!" Too late. Boom.

I ducked down for a moment, waiting to see if it was actually over. When nothing happened, I stood and walked to the window, Bill standing next to me. Jerry was sitting there, in that same overstuffed chair I had sat in before, looking pretty normal from the neck down except for a bullet wound in his left upper arm. From the neck up was another story entirely. Jerry's lower jaw was sort of intact but distended as if someone had grabbed it and pulled it forward. His face was bloated and blood-red. I couldn't see his eyes and the top of his skull was gone. The shotgun was sitting on the floor, between his legs, the muzzle pointing up toward his head.

"Hey, good job, Bill. Glad we could resolve this without bloodshed. Why don't you go check his pulse, maybe give him some CPR?" I said, staring hard at Bill. I heard sirens in the distance. Bill looked at me and started to open his mouth. I stopped him. "Just shut the **** up and let's do what we have to do before Escondido P.D. gets here and really ****s this up--as if it was possible to make it worse than it already is."

Bill stood there for a moment looking at what was left of Jerry. "That's really nasty."
-

Bill and I moved quickly into Jerry's house. It was still as neat as it had been the last time I was here.

"Uh, Spence? Maybe you might want to sit this one out. Let the Sheriff's Department take it from here."

"Trying to cut me out already? I hand this to you on a silver platter and this is the thanks I get?" I said as I moved off into the kitchen. Lots of neat hiding places in the kitchen.

"Spence? Please don't **** up my crime scene!" Bill called after me.

"Yeah, I'll be right out! Gotta find the potty!"

And that's when I got my first bit of luck. The sirens I heard earlier screeched to a stop outside. One of the uniforms started talking on his P.A. "In the house! This is Escondido Police! We have reports of shots fired in the house! We need you to come out with your hands up where we can see them! Do not come out with any weapons!"

"Spence? I'm going out to meet them. You stay in here and let me do the talking."

"Right!" I said as I began opening drawers, cabinets, anyplace I could think of to look, anyplace I knew things were hidden.

After about five minutes I was getting discouraged. I looked back out the front of the house through the shattered window and saw Bill talking with two uniforms and what was probably one of the Escondido Detectives. Bill was gesturing with his hands, making play guns with his forefinger and thumb, crouching down and aiming up. The gunslinger in his glory. It looked like he might be a while. I glanced down at Jerry. He wasn't going to care how long it took.

I gave up on the kitchen and moved to Jerry's bedroom. Dresser drawers, night stands, walk-in closet, bingo. As I reached inside the pocket of one of Jerry's old suit coats, I felt a wad of several small pieces of paper. I pulled them out and my "Eureka!" turned to "What the...?" They were parking receipts, about thirty of them, arranged in chronological order. The oldest was dated over five years ago, the newest about two years ago. They were all from Cal State Fullerton, all various times but mostly late afternoons and early evenings, all the stays were from two to three hours. I felt my balloon deflate, a feeling I'd gotten used to since this case began for me many years ago. Were we actually going to be able to clear this case with Jerry's death? That after all this time, it came to {this}? It had always been our hope that when we found the killer, we'd find the evidence he had been so careful to remove from his crime scenes. Most serial killers kept souvenirs. I was hoping Jerry was no different but parking receipts? I looked out the bedroom door and peeked down the hall. No one there. I pocketed the receipts. If I had to, I'd give them to Bill later. Jerry was dead. He wouldn't have a lawyer *****ing about the evidence chain of custody. In the mean time, I wanted to take anything I could get my hands on since I knew I was going to be shut out later. If Jerry was the killer, I bore some responsibility, too; he had worked for me for several years and had successfully murdered six women right under my nose. Eight if you counted Michele Williams and Sandi Bishop in San Luis Obispo.

"Spence?"

"In the bedroom."

Bill appeared in the doorway. "The Escondido Detectives need to talk to you. I told them what was what so you don't need to, uh, add anything. Also the Paramedics want to take a look at you."

"OK. You call the Sheriff?"

"Yes."

"So, uh, how--"

"It went, Spence. It went about like you might imagine it would go. I still have a job so I guess Mike's out of luck." He smiled a little. "And despite your involvement, he's damn glad this case is over. He did, however, just about **** when I told him you were in the house so, as of now, you're out in the cold again."

"I didn't do this for credit, Bill."

"That's good because you won't get any."

"Straight from the Sheriff, I imagine."

"The straightest."

"OK--but you owe me."

"Yeah, I owe you--but I don't owe you my job, Spence. What do you want?"

"When you process the house, I just want to know what you find and maybe where in the house you found it. And if it leads somewhere else, I'd like to know that, too. That's all."

Bill eyed me suspiciously. "That's all?"

"Yeah, really. That's all. I had a lot of my life in this case. I just want to be able to close it out. I just--I need to know where I went wrong."

Bill thought for a moment. "OK--it's a deal. I'll give you what I can, in confidence, as long as it doesn't compromise anything else that develops, OK?"

"It'll have to be, I guess. And, Bill--I didn't thank you. You--saved my ass when Jerry came out the window with that shotgun. So maybe I owe you instead."

"Nah, you had him, too, Spence. You would have dropped him."

"No, that's what I mean. I couldn't pull the trigger. I saw his eyes, Bill. I--I saw something there. You didn't see his eyes. I couldn't do it. I would have let him kill me."

"Jesus."

I shivered. "Yeah--so, thanks."

Bill just looked at me. After a few moments, he nodded and turned away. "The D.A. Shooting Team is on the way, so you'll need to stick around for them--but not in here, OK?"

"OK," I said as Bill walked away. I took a last, quick look around--and wondered how I missed it sitting on his small bookshelf. It was the telephone tap Internal Affairs had put on Jerry's phone. I took a quick look out the door for Bill then went back, grabbed it, stuck it in my pocket, and followed Bill out of Jerry's house.
Airline Captain
Old 06-15-2006, 20:47   #8
Gregoriev

Old 06-15-2006, 20:58   #9
Kill Bill
Plane go boom.

thank you. i actually think i'm on to something with this book.
Airline Captain
Old 06-16-2006, 12:57   #10
manonmars
Spaced Out

Sorry I can't be of any assiatance here.

I wrote a non-fiction book, and am not into fiction....

To answer a previous question, I INITIALLY had my book published by a small publisher out of Salt Lake City who marketed it....

I had negotiated a contract wherein I could market it myself also.

In the end, I made almost 10 X more $$ PER BOOK marketing it myself, and I was financially successful with the first printing.

When the publisher sold a book, I netted about $2.00....

BUT.......I know how to market myself.....THAT is very important>>>>I was on TV, National/Local Talk Radio, Newspapers, Regional Cable TV, etc..............

I am in the process of expanding a few chapters and adding a few chapters and will self publish (probably) in a few months.

REMEMBER, there were over 19,500 book titles published last year.
YOu REALLY HAVE TO BELIEVE IN YOUR PRODUCT to be successful with it.....I'm talking financially $$$$ successful.

SO, good luck everyone. I do not believe in joining groups for encouragement to follow through in my projects.....

I "Just Do It"..........................hey, I wonder if anyone has ever used that slogan?????

Last edited by manonmars; 06-17-2006 at 09:19..
manonmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:52   #11
MrsKitty

Quote:
Originally posted by Kill Bill
thank you. i actually think i'm on to something with this book.
Yes, you are.

Keep it up!
Old 06-18-2006, 09:54   #12
Miss Maggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Kill Bill
i actually think i'm on to something with this book.
I agree. I enjoyed the exerpt. I'd read it.

Old 06-18-2006, 10:06   #13
MrsKitty

Quote:
Originally posted by manonmars
Sorry I can't be of any assiatance here.

I wrote a non-fiction book, and am not into fiction....

SO, good luck everyone. I do not believe in joining groups for encouragement to follow through in my projects.....

Why do you feel it necessary to point out that you write nonfiction and you are not into fiction?

You repeatedly state that you do not believe in joining groups for encouragemet. If not, why do you keep returning to see what is going on in this forum?

You use every opportunity you can to toot your own horn, to build you ego, to remind yourself that you are published while "everybody else" in this forum is merely writing. Well, guess what? There are others in here who are published that YOU just don't know about. Maybe they don't find it necessary to toot their own horn, build their egos and remind themselves each and every chance they CAN CREATE.

Back to fiction v nonfiction. I have written both. I have had both published. This is the first time I have ever posted publically about it. There are a few people here on GT who know this. I am not announcing it every single chance I get, it has been mentioned in passing during PRIVATE conversations conducted via backchannels to others when we were talking about life accomplishments, hobbies and other interests. I have found no reason to constantly rub other people's noses in it who are here looking for help.

Anyway, I strayed from my point... If you have no experience in fiction, why do you find it necessary to pop up each and every time and say so only remind us that you have been published with nonfiction? What does that add to the conversation? I will tell you what: nothing other than a few more self-given pats on your back.

You whole attitude in this forum is inaproproiate. You are condescending and concieted. You are not here to offer information or to encourage others. You are only here to promote yourself. To remind us that you are published.

I read here every time there is a new post. I have noticed this trend since your first post in this forum.

Do you have any clue what a writer's group is? No. A genuine writer's group is not a place where an author just seeks encouragemet and comfort. It is a place where (s)he can share work and obtain constructive criticism. What is constructive criticism? It can be harsh, and it can be very emotional to the reciepant due to the emotional investment in the work but it is given with the intention of making the work better and helping the writer to learn. It is not a repeated statement that I have been published. Yes, we all know.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:06   #14
manonmars
Spaced Out

I don't know if you know it, but I am a published author.

I published a non-fiction book.

I am a financially successful author.

I DO NOT need my ego stroked by anyone-anywhere-anytime- anyhow.

I WAS only here to point out (Maybe too Directly, but if you can't take directness that's YOUR problem) that this forum DOES NOT give anyone REAL help in getting a book published.

It only serves to stroke the ego of people who "hope some day to be "Discovered".

Bill, I honestly do NOT mean any offense at all...BUT....IF your goal is to publish your book AND be financially successful with that endeavor, this forum is a waste of time for you....

UNLESS you need your ego stroked........

Miss K, no offense, but your comments are from left field.

If I were a SUCCESSFULLY published author (and I define success as financial AND wide acceptance) I'd let everyone here know so they are aware that they are hearing from someone who should have ACCURATE FACTS.

ie: If I shoot a 9mm and brag about how great the 9 is, and have never shot a 45, my opinion about a 45 is meaningless......and people attempting to gather info about 45's should be made aware that my opinion is meaningless.

If I am NOT a successful author, and really know nothing about how to become successful, my opinion "should be" meaningless to those who wish to become successful.

ANYONE can write ANYTHING.......I have NEVER seen anyone here offer USEFUL LINKS to USEFUL SITES or actual USEFUL INFORMATION that will help SERIOUS writers.

I WAS a member of a VERY WELL KNOWN and respected writers group FOR A WHILE........one of the most successful in the USA.

Interestingly enough, I lived in an area where there happened to be MANY successful writers.

ONly one of these successful writers was a member of this group......the rest felt that it was a waste of their time to be involved........

.....they spent their time writing and promoting.......

**********SUCCESS*************

To write a book, no matter what the subject, is very difficult.

To have it published, whether it is self, on demand, or by a major publisher, is MORE difficult.

To market/sell/promote it is even MORE difficult.

To join a forum hoping for USEFUL feedback about how to write or become successful or to receive ego strokes to keep you encouraged..........THAT is a waste of time......

And there is NO USEFUL INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM!!!!!

Maybe THAT is why it is not a active forum...ya' think?

Reviewing someones work with comments such as "keep it up" or "I enjoyed the exerpt" is WORTHLESS to the author.....IF he or she is a REAL aspiring author.

MISS KITTY, how can you help these aspiring authors? Do you have any REAL, USEFUL information or links?

Would you like to share information about your published works? HOW, WHO, WHY, WHERE, WHEN, WHAT, ETC.???

I only feel that I can post these comments because I am a published author.......I wrote a non-fiction book.......

I am a published author.....

Old 06-18-2006, 11:32   #15
Gregoriev

Just my 0.02 on the issue here...

Old 06-18-2006, 16:13   #16
Miss Maggie

Manonmars, the thing of it is, it's a great, big, wide, wonderful world out there and there is room for all kinds in it. If certain people can't keep their mouth shut or say something encouraging or nice to or about other writers, I wish they would keep their mouth shut. Even criticism can be given in a constructive way. Criticism can be creative and helpful too, you know. Yours is never done in any kind of positive way with the well being of the writer even being considered. I say this from a stand point of having already been under attack by you in past threads because I have tried to offer a small degree of help to other writers in this very forum.

I do not claim to be an expert (as you seem to), or to be any huge publishing success; but I do have a fair amount of publications behind me. None of them have been self publications. They've been interviews, articles, short stories, and other writings publishers and editors have paid money for first-time rights. Does that make me above anyone else here? NO! It makes me thankful that other (successful since that's such an important word to you) writer's who have been published have not felt like you seem to and set themselves above me. These generous writers, who have been published by LARGE publishing houses and by their own initiative, have taken the time to give me a few pointers along the way, and I've made use of them. I don't mind trying to pass along the favor to other writers when I can, but I do mind people like you with your arrogant comments attacking me for it.

Anyone who has been to a writer's group worth it's salt knows it can be an excruciating experience. It's is definitely no you-pat-my-back-I'll-pat-yours type deal. True feedback given in the right spirit and with the writer's good at heart will push that writer on to new heights. By thinking the story of another through enough to see what it needs to improve it, it'll also help the person giving the feedback. If you'd ever tried it, you’d know it, manonmars.

Hell, no one, anywhere is going to hold your hand and give you a clear road to a pushing contract, either via this forum or in other ways. If you get it you'll find it yourself or you'll earn it just like other greats have the same way any of the rest of us will.

If there were a magic formula out there, someone would have bottled it and made a mint already. If you'd ever realize this, maybe you'd quit sitting around griping and *****ing about what others post in here and how it's just not the right way to do things. If a clear road to publication is what you keep looking for here, you'd probably best be putting your time and effort into submissions or maybe into improving your writing a bit. If your writing does not need improving, your attitude towards other writer’s certainly does and it would be well worth your while to work on that.

I, for one, wish you'd learn to play pretty or to keep your mouth shut. You're one of the reasons this forum has not taken off. Anyone who doubts it can look back through some old threads. People who write need encouragement. They don't need slapping down each time you come on line. Maybe you should learn from others and shouldn't be so quick to put them down, just because they ask for feedback or help. At least they know they need it. If people hadn't been willing to give me feedback on my work, I'd have given up a long time ago.

Even in a thread with a topic as simple as jotting down story ideas to hold on to for use in later stories and writings, you've felt it necessary to launch an attack. You show your total ignorance as a writer, too. Any writer worth a hill of beans knows that every thought that comes cannot be incorporated into a scene that very day. Many ideas need saving and savoring until the right place to use them comes. If you'd ever had the experience of finding that out for yourself, you wouldn't feel the need to insult others and their writing methods by calling them closet writer's and in doing it in such a derogatory way.

You say you do no fiction. Writing fiction is a far cry from writing non-fiction, where you say you've met such fantastic measures of success. With fiction the writer creates an entire world with real characters to inhabit it. It's a hell of a lot more complicated than some of this how-to stuff people get published. I've done both.

If you'd ever tried your hand at fiction, you'd realize that a writer who spends time setting up his own world needs other writers and people willing to critique to look for flaws that might have been missed.

If you havn't written fiction, then you're in no place to criticize or knock other writer's concerning theirs.

Old 06-18-2006, 22:16   #17
Gregoriev

Old 06-19-2006, 06:03   #18
Miss Maggie

Quote:
Originally posted by manonmars
I don't know if you know it, but I am a published author.

I published a non-fiction book.

I am a financially successful author.

If I were a SUCCESSFULLY published author (and I define success as financial AND wide acceptance) I'd let everyone here know so they are aware that they are hearing from someone who should have ACCURATE FACTS.

If I am NOT a successful author, and really know nothing about how to become successful, my opinion "should be" meaningless to those who wish to become successful.

I only feel that I can post these comments because I am a published author.......I wrote a non-fiction book.......

Well, are you or aren't you successful and published? Your posts keep contradicting themselves.

Old 06-19-2006, 06:20   #19
Gregoriev

Old 06-19-2006, 11:28   #20
manonmars
Spaced Out

"I, for one, wish you'd learn to play pretty or to keep your mouth shut. You're one of the reasons this forum has not taken off."
Miss M.

Oh, WWWAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

I should "play pretty...."

I ain't no Brokeback Mountain kinda' guy, thank you.....

Miss Maggie, I challenge your posts because they are fluff, with no real information or help, just bla, bla, bla....

QUESTIONS; How many posts have there been in this forum in the past 6 months?

How many posts have there been in the past few days?

At least someone (me) is willing to take a stand and tell it like it really is out in writing/publishing land.....

I don't have the time nor the desire to explain my posts, only to say that they are accurate.

Can't stand the heat? Get outa' the ........

Your posts critical of me only re-enforces the fact that I am a successful writer because I did not look to others for encouragement or acceptance.

By the way, I am a successful writer.

If you need others encouragement to write, you are NOT a writer who will become successful.

I wrote my COMPLETE BOOK, revised it 6-10 times, THEN asked for feedback on the completed book.

THEN I revised it again 3-6 times, using others feedback to tweek a sentence here, delete a word there, etc.

Want a good reference to check out....?

....but use their info to take further steps in writing....some of their tele-seminars are good, but these companies, in my opinion, are somewhat like invention submission companies...they take your money and really do not do anything for you.

...buyer beware.

BUT, they do have some good info for the beginning writer.

frishmanr@plannedtvarts.com

and/or

jackcanfield@jackcanfield.com

My book was talked about here in the past, and was offered to GT'ers at a substantial discount at one time......

Anyway, I'm presenting a seminar this week to hundreds...I had better start rehearsing.

By now.........
Old 06-19-2006, 12:06   #21
Gregoriev

Last edited by Gregoriev; 11-15-2011 at 13:54..
Old 06-19-2006, 13:08   #22
manonmars
Spaced Out

Quote:
Originally posted by Gregoriev
I am seeing a pattern emerging here...manonmars, do you endorse "kevin's" book, a piece of literature about herbal remedies and such?

.....I dont think I would ever really want to be your friend in real life. I really dont want to go any farther than this, but please, stop trying to be so critical and harsh towards other writers.
First of all, you're only 18 years old. We would have nothing in common, so "friendship" is out of the question......you are not really a grown up person yet..........give you another 20+ years, and then we'll see what type of a person YOU have become......

Second, being critical & harsh HERE only shows a pattern of how anyone relates OUTSIDE this forum.......don't be so scared of ruffling feathers......"vanilla" personalities normally end up living "vanilla" lives.............

I don't give a carp how others relate to me......my families health, security, and enjoyment of life, and kind treatment of all animals, are my only concerns.

"I may not be published, but at least I know how to put related thoughts that have to do with one topic sentance into a form of a paragraph no matter the situation"

HUH?...not only does this not make a lot of sense, sentence is spelled uncorrectliey.......and punctuation is lacking in the complete paragraph.....

I am only here to fire up this forum....if I can't, so be it.

I invented a product a few years ago, and was asked to be president of the local inventors forum.........I actually had the audacity to request that people in this group invent something and follow up with their ideas.....

6 months later the group disbanded because I was tired of trying to encourage people to "just do it,....damm it! Stop waiting for others encouragement! JUST BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!!!"

So, that is really all I am trying to promote here....I KNOW I come off as an idiot....

But I don't care...no milktoast for me.

If you don't like the way I say something, tough ship.

I am a successful author, just in case you did not know.

I am also a successful inventor, just so you know.

I'm just saying the above because I need encouragement because I'm too SCARED to go on with life without positive reinforcement from people I do not know.....

OK, I'm outa here.

I hope you all the best of success, and I hope I gave someone some small piece of helpful info, no matter what you think of me.

Maybe it wasn't worth it..........

PS, what's "Kevin's book?"...I am interested in naturopathic medicine, and just happen to have a bottle of Calendula oil on my desk right now...........
Old 06-19-2006, 14:18   #23
Gregoriev

Last edited by Gregoriev; 11-15-2011 at 13:57..
Old 06-19-2006, 14:50   #24
MrsKitty

manonmars,

My resume is not the topic of discussion here. I do not need to provide you with a list of publications. In fact, I am not going to do so for one simple reason: I value my privacy online. I will go so far as to say that in the past each and every single time I logged into GT I would be sent emails and PMs asking me to chat, hitting on me and wanting my phone number. For the past, I dunno, 18 months I have surfed hidden and I have only gotten one contact of this nature. Why would I put something out here that can be traced back to me in that envirnoment? When you are one of less than a hundred females in a population in excess of 50K your outlook will be skewed too.

You criticize other people's spelling and grammer. You have done so repeatedly in this thread, and I know for a fact that you do so privately on this board. Go back and read some of your posts: they are full of grammatical errors and misspelled words! Until you are perfect with your own grammer and spelling, I suggest that you do not play spelling nazi and grammer police if you want to be taken seriously.

Oh yes...you offered your book on GT at a substantial discount. If memory serves it didn't sell very well here. Maybe it was because you were addressing your potential customers in the very same fashion you insist on addressing the posters here. I remember that well and I also remember you would not post the title of your book nor the name it was published under so those who were interested could check it out before giving you money. How many books have your bought just because somebody told you I have a book full of what you need to know for only $29.95?

What in the love of all that is holy does age have to do with this discussion? So what if Gregoriev is only 18? In fact, he is showing a hell of a lot more maturity and intelligence in his posts than you are. You tell him that he will be a man in 20 years? What kind of right do you have to question anything of that nature here? From what I have seen from Gregoriev thus far, I would be damn proud to call this "kid" my friend

So you ran an inventors forum down to the point it disbanded. That is exactly what you are attempting to do here. It is *not* going to be tolerated. End.Of.Story.
Old 06-19-2006, 15:59   #25
manonmars
Spaced Out

Quote:
Originally posted by misskitty5077
manonmars,

My resume is not the topic of discussion here. I do not need to provide you with a list of publications. In fact, I am not going to do so for one simple reason: I value my privacy online. I will go so far as to say that in the past each and every single time I logged into GT I would be sent emails and PMs asking me to chat, hitting on me and wanting my phone number. For the past, I dunno, 18 months I have surfed hidden and I have only gotten one contact of this nature. Why would I put something out here that can be traced back to me in that envirnoment? When you are one of less than a hundred females in a population in excess of 50K your outlook will be skewed too.

You criticize other people's spelling and grammer. You have done so repeatedly in this thread, and I know for a fact that you do so privately on this board. Go back and read some of your posts: they are full of grammatical errors and misspelled words! Until you are perfect with your own grammer and spelling, I suggest that you do not play spelling nazi and grammer police if you want to be taken seriously.

Oh yes...you offered your book on GT at a substantial discount. If memory serves it didn't sell very well here. Maybe it was because you were addressing your potential customers in the very same fashion you insist on addressing the posters here. I remember that well and I also remember you would not post the title of your book nor the name it was published under so those who were interested could check it out before giving you money. How many books have your bought just because somebody told you I have a book full of what you need to know for only $29.95?

What in the love of all that is holy does age have to do with this discussion? So what if Gregoriev is only 18? In fact, he is showing a hell of a lot more maturity and intelligence in his posts than you are. You tell him that he will be a man in 20 years? What kind of right do you have to question anything of that nature here? From what I have seen from Gregoriev thus far, I would be damn proud to call this "kid" my friend

So you ran an inventors forum down to the point it disbanded. That is exactly what you are attempting to do here. It is *not* going to be tolerated. End.Of.Story.
In response to paragraff 1.....I can't blame you for not wanting to let everyone know your contact info, but do your publications have your address & phone # attached??????

PP2......99.9% of the time, my misteaks in spelling & grammour are on porpose....I'm HARD on people who have bad grammor & spelling cause' graduates from High skool ain't got NO English skills.....Hell, We is supposed to be an English speaking country, and we can't even talk the talk good enuf!!! Maybe we SHOULD learn to "press 2" for Spanish"......

PP 3. I posted my web site for everyone to check out, and instructed them to NOT order from the site because it would not accept their lower payment. My photo is on the cover of the book! My mailing address was published on GT! Your memory here does not serve you well.

In selling only a few books through GT, I only realized that few were interested.......so what?......I offered a great book, at a great price, and received few takers...and I went on with life.....and the book was not $29.95...it RETAILS for $19.95, and was offered here @ $7.00 off.

The book has received so many GREAT reviews from readers that the quality and content was never a concern of mine.

PP 4. Gregoriev is only 18.......Although kids mature faster today than when I was 18, they are still kids.....I mean NO dis-respect....he sounds like a very intelligent person....

20 years from now he will be a different person...not more intelligent, but much smarter...................

Remember my quote; "IQ is the measurement of what intelligence you were born with....How SMART you are is the measurement of how well you use the IQ you were born with".

pp5. I did not run it into the ground.....EVERYONE ELSE ran it into the ground......of the 30 or so members when I took over, 3 of us kept meeting...the other 2 actually rec'd patents on products, and, along with me, are selling their products now.....the remaining members never did follow through......

I am not in any way attempting to disband this forum. I have provided more useful info in a previous post than has been offered to date......I hope someone provides much more and someone becomes successful because of this forum....

It was/is just NOT WORKING yet.........!!!

I see a real conflict here...... me with my "better-than-thou attitude".

I do not have a btt attitude......I just believe strongly in myself.....

You might try it.

But then again, the most feared emotion in the USA is "conflict".

Last edited by manonmars; 06-19-2006 at 16:01..
manonmars is offline   Reply With Quote