SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-25-2006, 23:38   #1
RMTactical
CLM Number
www.AR15pro.net

What manufacturers are gonna be getting your money?

I think I could go the rest of my life content with Hondas and Toyotas. What does everyone else prefer to drive?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Due to inflation, my $.02 no longer matters.
RMTactical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 01:05   #2
aaronrkelly

Re: What manufacturers are gonna be getting your money?

Quote:
Originally posted by GoreLicks
I think I could go the rest of my life content with Hondas and Toyotas. What does everyone else prefer to drive?
You never know, Im not brand loyal....Im "whats best for me" loyal.

When I was looking for a small, commute to work car I found a 2 year old Kia with 25K miles on it for $3K - factory warranty bumper to bumper till 60K.

I was thinking about a Chevy Aveo...but I would be spending $11k and getting 36K warranty. With the Kia I was spending $3K and getting 35K warranty (balance of 60-25).

I bought the Kia - been a great car so far.

When I went mini-van shopping (yeah I know, lame) I went to Kia first.....figured I did good the first time. They absolutely bombed out.....ended up with a Dodge Caravan.

Before that I drove a Chevy Cavalier.....then a Ford truck.

I guess Im all over the place....I try to look for the best deal....then look at the badge.

I dont think theres a single manufacturer I would outright say "I would never own that". Sure, each company makes cars that I wouldnt buy....but they each do something right.

Small cars - imports have this licked hands down....no doubt about it. Heck, even the "American" (used very loosely) car companies just re-badge foreign cars for the compact market.

Trucks - probably would stick to the "big 3" on this, but I really do like Toyota trucks....but if you need a BIG truck, I think you can do better with domestic. Compact trucks, Toyota hands down.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." - Claire Wolfe
aaronrkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:51   #3
Rob1035
Skeet Surfer

nothing new, that's about the thick of it. I'm sick and tired of all makers going "detroit", bigger, wider, heavier, more computerized, more poor driver crutches, with more power. Sure modern cars get faster and faster, but that doesn't make them fun to drive.

Used BMWs for fun for me, Japanese for everything else (trucks, daily drivers, etc)
Old 06-26-2006, 06:01   #4
bac1023

I love European sports cars for fun, but for daily driving, its Honda or Toyota for me. In fact, I just opened a new thread on the subject.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:14   #5
Kentuckian

So far, I've had excellent results with American car brands.

Probably stick with them.
Kentuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:28   #6
GroovedG19
Laguna Blue AP2

The Big 3 of course(from the Land of the Rising Sun).Honda(Acura), Toyota(Lexus), and Nissan(Infiniti).
GroovedG19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:51   #7
norton

After 3 Ford pickups-they were good trucks, I bought a Chevy Silverado new in 1999. Its a Z71, short bed standard cab. Its the best, most comfortable for trips, vehicle I have ever owned. Great in the snow, hauling tree limbs to the dump like I did after a wind storm last week. Its hauled my bikes to daytona. I would buy another one tomorrow if something happened to this one.
I also own an 04 Jeep Wrangler. Just for kicks. Its also great in the snow. Fun to drive with the top down in the summer.
Old 06-28-2006, 18:05   #8
Asha'man
eat the eat!

So far I've had the most fun with Fox Mustangs and Toyota trucks. I'd like a third-gen 4Runner someday as a daily driver, but my fast cars have to be Mustangs, and '79-'93 ones at that.

Brian

I have no guns. Guns are bad. I know because the government told me so. The government knows ALL.

Last edited by Asha'man; 06-28-2006 at 18:07..
Asha'man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 19:41   #9
epsylum
Boolit Hoze

My Corolla XRS is the first Toyota I have ever owned (my brother has had 3, my friends have had many, my uncles have had several, and even my parents had one at one time), it will not be my last. It is by far the best car (okay it is also the newest) I have ever owned. It is roomy, sporty enough to make commuting half-way fun, economical, and just looks good IMO. Has everything I want and does everything I want it to do.

epsylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 23:45   #10
michael t

Old power wins. I getting ready to redo my 70 Cuda 440+6 4 speed It won't be stock and gas prices be damed I driving this baby on street again way we did when new. I think 20K will put in back in shape. Won't be in mags but won't spend life on trailer being looked at and judged either.

michael t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 00:56   #11
AirCav
CLM Number 284
Out Front!

Quote:
Originally posted by michael t
Old power wins. I getting ready to redo my 70 Cuda 440+6 4 speed It won't be stock and gas prices be damed I driving this baby on street again way we did when new. I think 20K will put in back in shape. Won't be in mags but won't spend life on trailer being looked at and judged either.
Sweeeeet!

I'm jealous. I'd like to see some pictures when you're done.
AirCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 08:07   #12
arrowdriver

Mazda just got my money for a new CX-7 for the wife.
arrowdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 12:57   #13
PikeB

Chevy for me.
Old 07-09-2006, 14:03   #14
Mighty HD
Got Wax?

GM products have put a nasty taste in my mouth this go around.

My previous truck was a 2000 S-10 ZR2 lifted, etc. I picked it up with 42,000 miles and broke it by 52,000 miles. I beat the hell out of it every single weekend for that 2 years I had it going to the woods, mud bogging, etc. The best truck I ever had---It never gave me a problem except for a fuel pump. It ended up getting stuck in a river when I fell off into a rut and locked the motor up. It ran after that but knocked. 60wt oil, and some 140wt gear oil and it was quiet as a mouse when it was traded in.

I then got a 2004 GMC 2500hd sierra 4x4, ext cab, shortbed. I have babied this truck and taken care of it like nothing else. It currently has 17,000 miles. I've had it a bit over 2 years. It's in the dealer at least once a month as of now.

So far:
alternator, battery, rear springs, headliner, engine cover, rear brakes popping, rear window leaking, rear side windows leaked, rear seat clunking around, tailgate cables, dashboard peeling up (current), headliner fell down, speaker in the rt door fell out of the mount (current), rear main seal leaking oil, the chrome trim on all the doors was bubbling up, front bumper chrome was rusting through, front grill chrome was bubbling up.

For 42k I expected to get many many years out of this truck. I plan to keep it until the wheels fall off due to the price of new vehicles. BUT If toyota comes out with a 3/4 ton 4x4 ext cab equal to the HD's I'll seriously think of moving over. The truck is very strong, torquey, etc I just can't believe all the little problems its having.
Mighty HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 00:36   #15
Glolt20-91

Quote:
Originally posted by michael t
Michael, you're a man after my own heart; gotta love those E bodies. My Dodge Cummins 4x4 will be paid off soon; those new Challenger hemis should be going into production in a year or so and that's a strong possibility. I was talking with a guy last week and may have a line on an old big block hemi. (I used to drive a 69 hemi 4-spd roadrunner back in the muscle car years). I've located a 72 440/727 combo, just need to figure a way to get it out and into a 66 Plymouth. A solid roller set-up should make for a great ballz to the wallz ride. Things going great in MoPar land.

If I stopped buying guns I could probably put a car together.

Bob

"Speed is fine, but accuracy is final - Bill Jordan
Glolt20-91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 17:39   #16
Unbridled Rage
Swollen Member

I treat my cars like well-cared for appliances.

I buy only used vehicles from freinds/family, with a good, known history. For cash.

The only money the mfr gets is from parts replacement.

This approach allows me to buy (new) motorcycles.
Old 07-14-2006, 21:03   #17
elgoatropo

Quote:
Originally posted by Mighty HD
[B]GM products have put a nasty taste in my mouth this go around.

It ran after that but knocked. 60wt oil, and some 140wt gear oil and it was quiet as a mouse when it was traded in.

I then got a 2004 GMC 2500hd sierra 4x4, ext cab, shortbed. I have babied this truck and taken care of it like nothing else. It currently has 17,000 miles. I've had it a bit over 2 years. It's in the dealer at least once a month as of now.

So far:
alternator, battery, rear springs, headliner, engine cover, rear brakes popping, rear window leaking, rear side windows leaked, rear seat clunking around, tailgate cables, dashboard peeling up (current), headliner fell down, speaker in the rt door fell out of the mount (current), rear main seal leaking oil, the chrome trim on all the doors was bubbling up, front bumper chrome was rusting through, front grill chrome was bubbling up.
How do you think the guy who ended up with your old truck felt when he realized he had been swindled by your trickery?

Last edited by elgoatropo; 07-14-2006 at 21:05..
elgoatropo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 21:19   #18
PSU_G34
London Calling

Re: What manufacturers are gonna be getting your money?

Quote:
Originally posted by GoreLicks
I think I could go the rest of my life content with Hondas and Toyotas.
+2

and maybe a Smart Car in 2008

Car Forum

USPf 40 / Ruger MkII / 1910 Costa Rican Mauser
PA Glockers #76 / H&K Club #76 / MilSurp #76
PSU_G34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 15:05   #19
Mighty HD
Got Wax?

Quote:
Originally posted by elgoatropo
How do you think the guy who ended up with your old truck felt when he realized he had been swindled by your trickery?
most *smart* people have a used vehicle inspected.
Mighty HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 01:58   #20
PBCounty

Send a message via AIM to PBCounty
If my local Ford dealer keeps treating me the way they have in the past - Ford will be getting more of my money.