GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2006, 01:30   #41
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows
 
IndyGunFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Indiana
Posts: 30,359
Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak


Quote:
Originally posted by henchmen77
2nd is you need to give everyone 3 strikes and let them know before you ban them from the server becuase what can happen is your just banning someone becuase you don't like there post and it my be there first time they were fighting with someone there needs to be a way to track persons.
Point out one person who was banned for one rules violation (blatant rules violations excluded). I'd say a vast majority of those warned end up with way more than "3 strikes" prior to getting banned. I've not received any warnings while here, this is just my observation of people who eventually end up banned.

Hell, Cobranx could post some pretty inflammatory things here, and I think he finally stamped his exit pass with his 9mm effectiveness thread. I can only imagine that was the "straw that broke the camels back" so to speak...

As for not reading the rules and "just clicking through" like "most people" isn't an excuse. They are there to be read... This reminds me of a great line from Bill Murray's character in "Groundhog Day"

"People like blood sausage too, people are morons.

IGF
__________________
Quote:
Ronald Reagan
"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under."
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 19:09   #42
J.P.
Intergalactic
 
J.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Rocklahoma
Posts: 12,583
WooHoo!
Got my first thread locked in Caliber Corner!


Sorry mods,I was just being facetious.
I didn't intend any harm,I apologize.
JP
__________________
Support a Million Gun March!
J.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 00:23   #43
freakshow10mm
10mm Advocate
 
freakshow10mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Michigan's Upper Peninsula
Posts: 11,292
So this started as a proper (warranted) scolding by an admin for us to play nice and not run with scissors and then it goes on for a few posts about someone bashing, belittling, and harassing a moderator for their actions. Unbelieveable. Truly unbelieveable. I guess I have seen it all now. Complaints should be handled with PMs and should be kept more private then publically calling out a moderator to squabble about why something was done a certain way.

I just don't understand why it seems so hard for some people to follow the rules here. They aren't hard, over-bearing, or intrusive. Don't be here if you don't agree with the rules.

Also realize, most of the mods have lives beyond GT. Mods aren't all nerdballs. They have bills to pay and families to support. That takes priority over everything, even us users on GT. I think it is a bit selfish to think that a moderator has to cater to the individual here. With tens of thousands of users registered it is very hard to keep tabs on everyone.
__________________
Commercial ammunition handloader since 2006.
You can kill it. We can help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
freakshow10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 10:38   #44
J. Parker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Ephrata, Wa.
Posts: 5,371
J. Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 14:58   #45
J.P.
Intergalactic
 
J.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Rocklahoma
Posts: 12,583
Quote:
Originally posted by freakshow10mm
So this started as a proper (warranted) scolding by an admin for us to play nice and not run with scissors and then it goes on for a few posts about someone bashing, belittling, and harassing a moderator for their actions. Unbelieveable. Truly unbelieveable. I guess I have seen it all now. Complaints should be handled with PMs and should be kept more private then publically calling out a moderator to squabble about why something was done a certain way.

I just don't understand why it seems so hard for some people to follow the rules here. They aren't hard, over-bearing, or intrusive. Don't be here if you don't agree with the rules.

Also realize, most of the mods have lives beyond GT. Mods aren't all nerdballs. They have bills to pay and families to support. That takes priority over everything, even us users on GT. I think it is a bit selfish to think that a moderator has to cater to the individual here. With tens of thousands of users registered it is very hard to keep tabs on everyone.
Good post.
As a moderator,I wholeheartedly agree.
__________________
Support a Million Gun March!
J.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 15:19   #46
DAVE RICHARDS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: FRANKLIN, TN.
Posts: 1,623
Send a message via Yahoo to DAVE RICHARDS
The good news is that Glock Talk is a great place to exchange ideas and share information. Most of the folks here have been nothing but helpful when I've asked a question or posted. And for the knowledge, concern, and help I've recieved here thank you all.
__________________
DAVE RICHARDS
DAVE RICHARDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 00:22   #47
10mm4ever
10mm Pusher
 
10mm4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: sw,Ohio
Posts: 4,374
Unfortunately, I wont be adding anymore posts here at caliber corner. I didnt think it particularly fair that a thread was locked, and I publicly "scolded" simply because I stated that although I had no use for the 9mm, I could understand why it would appeal to women and recoil sensative people. I felt that I stated that the cartridge held some merit, and didnt point fingers or call names. My daughter,son and wife all do well with the 9mm, not so with the other calibers. So, being "scolded" for a comment that was true, at least from my perspective seems unfair to me. I was even referred to as a "troll" for this comment by another GT member, guess that was just "overlooked". Take care all.
10mm4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 03:05   #48
variablebinary
Senior Member
 
variablebinary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: salt lake city, UT
Posts: 1,446
Send a message via AIM to variablebinary Send a message via Yahoo to variablebinary
This place is really shaping up. Good work, mods

__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
variablebinary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 06:38   #49
10mm4ever
10mm Pusher
 
10mm4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: sw,Ohio
Posts: 4,374
Quote:
Originally posted by variablebinary
This place is really shaping up. Good work, mods

If that were true, you'd have been gone long ago, when you made a comment about treating a poster like a used condom! How'd that "presentation for a bunch of LEO's" go?? Maybe you'd care to tell us more of "high violence factors", "liver busting capabilities" and "the higher maturity level of the 9mm"??

Last edited by 10mm4ever; 08-25-2006 at 06:44..
10mm4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 07:32   #50
Eddie C.
CLM Number A
Administrator
 
Eddie C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: State of Confusion
Posts: 22,425


Quote:
Originally posted by 10mm4ever
Unfortunately, I wont be adding anymore posts here at caliber corner. I didnt think it particularly fair that a thread was locked, and I publicly "scolded" simply because I stated that although I had no use for the 9mm, I could understand why it would appeal to women and recoil sensative people. I felt that I stated that the cartridge held some merit, and didnt point fingers or call names. My daughter,son and wife all do well with the 9mm, not so with the other calibers. So, being "scolded" for a comment that was true, at least from my perspective seems unfair to me. I was even referred to as a "troll" for this comment by another GT member, guess that was just "overlooked". Take care all.


10mm4ever,
You seem to have it out for anyone who has an affinity for the 9mm cartridge. Pat in particular. It's funny, Pat never, ever reports any posts for everyone who jumps on him. I get a bunch of 'reports' from everyone else about people jumping on Pat.

I get 'reports' everyday that say "They're picking on Pat again". Pat has a lot of friends here judging from all the people that report for him. He never does himself. I don't like Pat pushing his agenda either. That's another way of getting flame wars to start. He's also in danger of losing his posting privileges.

You can start flame wars under the guise of handing out supposedly helpful information. Just remember one thing......You cause a lot of work for the Moderators either way, your time here will be over. That goes for Pat and his detractors.

10mm4ever, you keep talking about recoil sensitive, good for women, anyone not manly enough for 10mm......frankly, I am tired of it. It's all intended to get under the skin of anyone who doesn't think the 10mm is the "end all, be all" of cartridges. Cobranx pushed the envelope by saying things that would start flame wars. That's what your remarks are intended to do, whether you want to admit it or not.

That's also what's going to cause your demise on this site if it continues. This isn't just intended for you. It's meant for anyone who keeps going down this road. Right now there are a half dozen regular posters in this forum that have their foot on the trap door.

When I warn someone in a thread it's not only intended for the person that's named, it's meant for everyone who did the same thing in that thread.

10mm4ever, you are welcome to enjoy this site. The rules <i>will be followed</i> though. No exceptions. If that's going to be a problem, then I would lay low for a while. You are one of the ones with their foot on the door.

Eddie C.
__________________
"Weapons are tools of power. In the hands of the state they can be the tools of decency or the tools of oppression, depending on the righteousness of that state. In the hands of criminals they are tools of evil. In the hands of free and decent citizens they are tools of liberty. An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
- Col. Jeff Cooper
Eddie C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 11:44   #51
variablebinary
Senior Member
 
variablebinary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: salt lake city, UT
Posts: 1,446
Send a message via AIM to variablebinary Send a message via Yahoo to variablebinary
Quote:
Originally posted by 10mm4ever
If that were true, you'd have been gone long ago, when you made a comment about treating a poster like a used condom! How'd that "presentation for a bunch of LEO's" go?? Maybe you'd care to tell us more of "high violence factors", "liver busting capabilities" and "the higher maturity level of the 9mm"??
No need to lash out at me for thinking the mods are doing a good job.

There are 3 or 4 people that are insulting, rude and generally unpleasant on a regular basis and it is about time they were dealt with. Cobranx was one of them. Hell, there is another guy that does nothing but post stupid photos and barely contributes anything at all.

Needing to be right doesnt have to override the need to be civil. If a few people need to get banned for this to be learned, oh well.

If I am out of line, and I get a warning, then hopefully that is all I need to change my habits. Lashing out at other posters just makes warnings more valid.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
variablebinary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 20:18   #52
Alaskapopo
NRA ENDOWMENT
 
Alaskapopo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Alaska
Posts: 16,457


Quote:
Originally posted by variablebinary
No need to lash out at me for thinking the mods are doing a good job.

There are 3 or 4 people that are insulting, rude and generally unpleasant on a regular basis and it is about time they were dealt with. Cobranx was one of them. Hell, there is another guy that does nothing but post stupid photos and barely contributes anything at all.

Needing to be right doesnt have to override the need to be civil. If a few people need to get banned for this to be learned, oh well.

If I am out of line, and I get a warning, then hopefully that is all I need to change my habits. Lashing out at other posters just makes warnings more valid.
I have found since I started using the ignore feature with 2 people my stress level has gone down 99%.
Pat
__________________
Colt M16/AR15/ 1911 & Glock Armorer.
Certified Firearms Instructor & Urban Rifle Instructor.
Completed SWAT Entry Team and SWAT Sniper courses.
NRA Endowment Member
USPSA B class
Alaskapopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:34   #53
panzer1
NRA MEMBER
 
panzer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: p.a.
Posts: 2,009
Quote:
Originally posted by henchmen77
Yes but most person just click the box without reading them you know that and I know that.

You want things to be smooth? closing a post without posting a reason makes people ask why with good reason so just post in there why it is so we all know. I am not the only person that asks why


And just have a sticky with the posting rules in all forums so people know what there doing wrong makes life easy, and tracking who is doing what wrong makes sure someone does not get banned without just reason.
+1
__________________
THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR VICTORY!
NRA MEMBER
panzer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:44   #54
panzer1
NRA MEMBER
 
panzer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: p.a.
Posts: 2,009
Quote:
Originally posted by freakshow10mm
So this started as a proper (warranted) scolding by an admin for us to play nice and not run with scissors and then it goes on for a few posts about someone bashing, belittling, and harassing a moderator for their actions. Unbelieveable. Truly unbelieveable. I guess I have seen it all now. Complaints should be handled with PMs and should be kept more private then publically calling out a moderator to squabble about why something was done a certain way.

I just don't understand why it seems so hard for some people to follow the rules here. They aren't hard, over-bearing, or intrusive. Don't be here if you don't agree with the rules.

Also realize, most of the mods have lives beyond GT. Mods aren't all nerdballs. They have bills to pay and families to support. That takes priority over everything, even us users on GT. I think it is a bit selfish to think that a moderator has to cater to the individual here. With tens of thousands of users registered it is very hard to keep tabs on everyone.
Well said.
__________________
THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR VICTORY!
NRA MEMBER
panzer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 02:48   #55
true believer
Moderator
 
true believer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: drexel hill pa
Posts: 19,996


Quote:
Originally posted by panzer1
+1

when you signed onto g.t. did you agree to any posting rules? i believe you did..
bob
__________________
... only the dead have "seen" the end of war...
** read and follow the rules its simple**
"i miss the good days when people were embarrassed about being ignorant.
now they cant wait to get on the net and proudly display their ignorance over and over again"-
Dragoon44.
true believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 20:40   #56
NY Glock
Senior Member
 
NY Glock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,574
Quote:
Originally posted by J.P.
So,Eddie....
Which has more knockdown power?
9mm or 45acp?

I know I've popped off a few times
but I've come to the realization that some folks are beyond educating so I try to recognize them and move on.



Sorry if I've been one of the offenders.
The .40 SW
__________________
"you don't want to make me angry....you won't like me when I'm angry" ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
NY Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 06:58   #57
thejackbull45
Senior Member
 
thejackbull45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Veedauwoo
Posts: 8,619
Besides the direct insults the biggest thing that steams me are those that refuse to read AND understand a post and attribute meanings that just werent there. Plus there are a few who must do nothing but sit and lurk in the shadows waiting to make a smart alek remark. These are the trouble makers IMHO.
thejackbull45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 17:20   #58
true believer
Moderator
 
true believer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: drexel hill pa
Posts: 19,996


Quote:
Originally posted by thejackbull45
Besides the direct insults the biggest thing that steams me are those that refuse to read AND understand a post and attribute meanings that just werent there. Plus there are a few who must do nothing but sit and lurk in the shadows waiting to make a smart alek remark. These are the trouble makers IMHO.
couldn't agree more....
bob
__________________
... only the dead have "seen" the end of war...
** read and follow the rules its simple**
"i miss the good days when people were embarrassed about being ignorant.
now they cant wait to get on the net and proudly display their ignorance over and over again"-
Dragoon44.
true believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 18:16   #59
thejackbull45
Senior Member
 
thejackbull45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Veedauwoo
Posts: 8,619
Quote:
Originally posted by true believer
couldn't agree more....
bob
Still riding me eh tb.
thejackbull45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 21:56   #60
true believer
Moderator
 
true believer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: drexel hill pa
Posts: 19,996


Quote:
Originally posted by thejackbull45
Still riding me eh tb.
just stating a fact..truth hurts...
__________________
... only the dead have "seen" the end of war...
** read and follow the rules its simple**
"i miss the good days when people were embarrassed about being ignorant.
now they cant wait to get on the net and proudly display their ignorance over and over again"-
Dragoon44.
true believer is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:41.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 679
182 Members
497 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31