Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-08-2006, 21:43   #1
BlackBelt

Ortiz SPANKS Shamrock

@ 1:18 of round one, fight stopped by ref Herb Dean, as Shamrock was not intelligently defending himself.
well,...there you go...
BlackBelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 21:56   #2
ER_STL

Oh man - I've been lurking and waiting for someone to post the results. So what happened then after the fight? How did Tito and Ken carry themselves?
ER_STL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 22:00   #3
Chevytuff19

How long before You Tube will show the fight do you think?
Chevytuff19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:45   #4
gr81disp
Bushbot v1.0

Send a message via AIM to gr81disp
Sorry, but that was a premature stoppage. Shamrock was trying to defend himself, he was attempting to block with his right hand but Ortiz's hand was in the way. That should have gone for at least another three seconds. I was just starting to think they might stop it in a second when Herb Dean stepped in too early.

If liberals interpreted the Second Amendment the way they interpret the rest of the Bill of Rights, there would be law professors arguing that gun ownership is mandatory.
gr81disp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 07:30   #5
katana8869
NativeFloridian

That's a damn shame...

"Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice."
- Samurai maxim
katana8869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 08:20   #6
BlackBelt

Shamrock was pissed that the fight was stopped. I thought they should have let it go a little farther. But Shamrock had been slammed to the mat, and taken to the fence by Ortiz, then faced the deluge of big elbows.
The thing about it is both Shamrock and Ortiz are veterans of the octagon, and I think that maybe ref Dean should have let it go a little farther. We aren't talking about guys that don't know their limitations here. A decisive victory would have probably played better to fans and the Shamrock/Ortiz debate than anything that is a questionable early stoppage. But I'm sure that Herb Dean was just doing his job to the best of his abilities...and he IS a good ref.
Of course this sets up the scenario well for the NEXT Shamrock/Ortiz fight, that you know is going to happen. Shamrock and Ortiz will trash talk each other for 6-8 months, and then UFC 234 will take place, and yada...yada...yada...
The winners of that match? UFC promoters and Pay-Per-View!!! ($$$)
BlackBelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 18:14   #7
mossy500camo
ammo found

Quote:
Originally posted by gr81disp
Sorry, but that was a premature stoppage. Shamrock was trying to defend himself, he was attempting to block with his right hand but Ortiz's hand was in the way.
LOL! Shamrock was a limp noodle when Ortiz began the elbows from hell.
mossy500camo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 18:32   #8
Dogbite
DNT TREAD ON ME

I think they stopped it a little too quickly. Did you see the way Shamrock got up IMMEDIATLY. He was not rocked very hard, or he would not have jumped up so fast. I felt cheated...Give me my money back!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9IfHDi-2EA
Dogbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 08:36   #9
MARTIN FISHER

It should have gone on longer, but just so Tito could have pounded that crap talking idiot SHAM-rock more. Sham has a big mouth and without it and steroids, we would not even be seeing him anywhere. Sham will continue to talk trash, since that is where his only talent reigns supreme.

The fight is now up on youtube. Sham was KOed. Sham is a punk, Tito knows it without a doubt now, and that is why he dominated Sham like he did.

Shamrock, even with all his money and connections with the UFC could not produce anything from the Lions Den accept one or two fighters who could even win in the UFC. And, I would debate the UFC has no corner on the best talent in the sport.

His actions on the Ultimate Fighter 3 and his inability to produce a winning team there are just more proof of what an idiot Sham really is.

Frank Shamrock is a true professional in the sport and shows it every time he fights, win,lose or draw. I have never seen him talk too much trash or claim he is the greatest fighter to ever grace our mortal world, like Sham does everytime a camera is around. Good riddance to you Sham, your ride is over, and has been for a long time.

Last edited by MARTIN FISHER; 07-14-2006 at 09:33..
MARTIN FISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:49   #10
mossy500camo
ammo found

Quote:
Originally posted by MARTIN FISHER
It should have gone on longer, but just so Tito could have pounded that crap talking idiot SHAM-rock more. Sham has a big mouth and without it and steroids, we would not even be seeing him anywhere. Sham will continue to talk trash, since that is where his only talent reigns supreme.

The fight is now up on youtube. Sham was KOed. Sham is a punk, Tito knows it without a doubt now, and that is why he dominated Sham like he did.

Shamrock, even with all his money and connections with the UFC could not produce anything from the Lions Den accept one or two fighters who could even win in the UFC. And, I would debate the UFC has no corner on the best talent in the sport.

His actions on the Ultimate Fighter 3 and his inability to produce a winning team there are just more proof of what an idiot Sham really is.

Frank Shamrock is a true professional in the sport and shows it every time he fights, win,lose or draw. I have never seen him talk too much trash or claim he is the greatest fighter to ever grace our mortal world, like Sham does everytime a camera is around. Good riddance to you Sham, your ride is over, and has been for a long time.
I like your ATTITUDE.

ps
I hope Shamrocks only whiner Ed Herman will get his wish. He stated that he couldnt wait to meet Tito in the Octagon. LMFAO! That little red headed bastard had problems with a kid that didnt put up a much fight. Then he lost to Kendall in the Finals and still got a freaking contract.
mossy500camo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 21:20   #11
walangkatapat

Shamrock has a big mouth, not as big as Titos.
Old 07-19-2006, 21:23   #12
walangkatapat

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackBelt
Shamrock was pissed that the fight was stopped. I thought they should have let it go a little farther. But Shamrock had been slammed to the mat, and taken to the fence by Ortiz, then faced the deluge of big elbows.
The thing about it is both Shamrock and Ortiz are veterans of the octagon, and I think that maybe ref Dean should have let it go a little farther. We aren't talking about guys that don't know their limitations here. A decisive victory would have probably played better to fans and the Shamrock/Ortiz debate than anything that is a questionable early stoppage. But I'm sure that Herb Dean was just doing his job to the best of his abilities...and he IS a good ref.
Of course this sets up the scenario well for the NEXT Shamrock/Ortiz fight, that you know is going to happen. Shamrock and Ortiz will trash talk each other for 6-8 months, and then UFC 234 will take place, and yada...yada...yada...
The winners of that match? UFC promoters and Pay-Per-View!!! ($$$)
Gawd! I hope there isn't another Shamrock vs. Tito fight, now that would be a Sham.
Old 07-22-2006, 22:03   #13
Dogbite
DNT TREAD ON ME

Quote:
Shamrock has a big mouth, not as big as Titos
Huge +1 on that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9IfHDi-2EA
Dogbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 17:33   #14
G27dogmannfl

Send a message via AIM to G27dogmannfl
ok their mouths are comparable but Tito's head has got to be twice the size of almost any other humans. And I mean this literally not figuratively. That has got to be like punching a bowling ball.
G27dogmannfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 19:45   #15
walangkatapat

Watched countdown to UFC 62 and guess what? Yeah, Ken and Tito are fighting again in October. The only good thing about this match is that it's supposed to be live on Spike TV.
Old 09-12-2006, 13:21   #16
Fear762

Shamrock is a legend and tito is a punk. The only thing thing tito proved beating shamrock is age really makes a difference. All of the guys shamrock beat in his early ufc days tito would of got murdered by some of them. Same with gracie vs hughes.
Fear762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 16:41   #17
ER_STL

I don't like Tito either but I'd have to respectfully disagree. As much as age may play a factor in Shamrock or Gracie's game, today's fighter is just much more evolved and refined than the first UFC fighters were. Hughes beat Gracie because he's a much better fighter. I think Tito would do the same.
Old 09-29-2006, 18:57   #18
ArmedDefense

I fear Shamrock had a few too many fights. Tito could be a bit more graceful, but I am convinced he beat the * * * * out of Shamrock.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:58   #19
Timothy658

I have just recently watched a few UFC DVD's that I rented from Family Video, but they only have 1-4, and 49. I have yet to rent the 4th one, but that is next. Where else can I see the rest of them? Im kinda hooked! I watched the 49th today. I noticed a few differences between this and the earlier ones....there seem to be some rules. They now where some small gloves, it seems you cant stomp when your opponent is on the ground, and your opponent cant kick you in the head when he is on the ground. There are now rounds too. How do you guys think the fighters of today would compete with the fighters of the earlier UFC's? Back in the earlier ones Shamrock was a good fighter, so I am surprised to see a lot of you saying hes a sham. What ever happened to Royce Gracie? He was dominating early on.
Timothy658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 18:56   #20
G27dogmannfl

Well I'm pretty sure you can view all the videos now online at UFC.com and I know you can order all of those videos from them if you wanted to buy them. I am not sure where you can rent them. And to answer your question on how the older fighters would compare to the fighters of today, them simply would not. The best of the old ones Royce Gracie just fought arguably the best there is today (Matt Hughes) and the fight was stopped within a couple minutes. And I think from watching the fight and watching Royce get interviewed afterward that his elbow was in pretty bad shape. Matt Hughes had him in a arm bar for a long time where most people i think would have tapped out but Gracie just would not. The rules have changed, I dont know the year that the changed but they could not have the fighters of today fighting like they used to. You still can beat people pretty badly when they are on the ground, you just can't hit them directly on the spine, kick them in the head while they are down. The only rules that used to be in place were no biting and no gauging out peoples eyes, everything else went. Not sure about groin kicks but I think they used to legal (not sure about that one though). It also used to be pretty much one style of martial art vs one other style, and usually Ju-Jitsu would win. Now they are all mixed martial artists (MMA), and they are all trained in Ju-Jitsu, well most are anyway. I love this sport and I am trying to get into some Ju-Jitsu training myself. You should take a look at UFC.com. They have a lot of good info plus you can take a look at the Ring Girls .
Old 10-10-2006, 08:22   #21
Timothy658

Thanks for the reply! I believe the groin shots were illegal back then as well. Along with the other two rules you mentioned, I think that was it back in the early days. I am very surprised to see that Ken Shamrock is still fighting. Been at it for a very long time. Another thing I noticed is that fighters only fight one fight now, where as in the earlier UFC's they fought several times. The fighters of nowadays also seem to be in MUCH better shape than a lot of the fighters back then. Some of them were just plain fat, and out of shape, I did not see any of that in UFC 49. They are all built.
Timothy658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:34   #22
G27dogmannfl

Well I know it can be hard to believe that Shamrock is still fighting but he is fighting Ortiz again tonight on spike. So its free. It is supposedly their last fight. I am not sure how seriously Ortiz is taking this one. He was here in Orlando partying at one of the local clubs Saturday night. He is usually one that trains just about pefectly. But that doesn't mean anything, I don't know if he was drinking or anything. Could have just been out picking up all the ladies. lol. Well I will be watching the fight tonight and then taking off for a trip upp to NC to do some hiking.
Old 10-11-2006, 13:52   #23
ER_STL

For anyone who didn't see the fight last night, it was just about a duplicate of their second one, but this time there was no controversy. Tito hammered Ken against the fence with punches until he was out and then Big John stopped the fight. Tito did his same post-fight antics he always does but after talking with Ken, he appeared to be more respectful and humble. Time will tell.

I was more impressed with the MacDonald/Herman fight...
Old 10-12-2006, 23:04   #24
MARTIN FISHER

No suprize there. Again and again Ken has been shown as a loser. Steroids do not make the figter, nor does a big mouth, I hope this is goodbye and good riddence to Ken "the sham" shamrock.
MARTIN FISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 20:54   #25
walangkatapat

Quote:
Originally posted by MARTIN FISHER
No suprize there. Again and again Ken has been shown as a loser. Steroids do not make the figter, nor does a big mouth, I hope this is goodbye and good riddence to Ken "the sham" shamrock.
What's the reason for calling Ken a sham? The sham is that the UFC/Dana let them fight again. As far as big mouths go it didn't help Tito against Couture or Liddell.