SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-10-2006, 17:01   #21
FDC

Quote:
Originally posted by chR|5
If I told you the mos's I turned down, you guys would stand in line with my recruiters to kick my ass.

EDIT- I leave out 20060829
Not a damn thing wrong with being an Infantryman.

Note-I'm not Infantry, I'm just a dumb-ass Artilleryman
FDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 17:11   #22
army_eod

Send a message via AIM to army_eod
Go active duty EOD. They will pay a good signing bonus. They are a shortage MOS. You will learn alot and have fun!

Niccolo Machiavelli
army_eod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 02:04   #23
Mterada

Infantry is a good choice.

You will hate much of the job, hate the waiting, hate the people in charge of you, but will make great friends.

Work on your running. The rest of it will improve eventually. If you can run you'll get left alone for the most part unless you have a big mouth.

Hit up military.com and read some of their stuff, it will help you.

Familiarize yourself with army ranks, you'll need to know them. Work on your running. If you are a fast runner, practice slow runs. 5 miles at 8-9 minute mile pace.

If you are fast runner make sure you can do 2 miles in <13:00
Mterada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 19:03   #24
Harv

These guys are all wrong... You need to go 19Kilo... M1 Abrams Tank crewmen. (Why carry your weapon , when your weapon can carry you)

It's a known scientific fact that Chicks dig Tankers....

You'll look cool and get laid more...

But seriously, pick one of the 3 Combat Arm MOS's. Armor or Infantry... Artillery .. well, there kinda Combat Arms......
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 11:58   #25
chR|5
needs gas/ammo

Well, I have one week left until I leave and I still can't run a 8min 30sec mile. When I take the first apft test, and I can't get a 8:30, is that a garenteed ticket to fat boy camp? Can the DS let me slide when I show I'll give it my damndest try? I'm not too far off(lol), my last run was a 9:22. (Guess all that beer really got me in the end )
G1 Niners #0999
Black Rifle Club #3161

Last edited by chR|5; 08-21-2006 at 12:03..
chR|5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 13:42   #26
Mterada

Diet and exercise, keep running. When you get tired in running, walk a mile or 2.

That being said, dont worry too much about it. The course that you run is actually like 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile. I was probably worse than you at running and I smoked the osut course. It wasnt anywhere near a mile. They really want to get people out of 30th ag and go downrange. You'll get smoked ****less if you can run though, alot of what people think about you in the army is based on your ability to run. Falling out of battalion+ sized runs gets you lots of not good attention.
Mterada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 13:08   #27
chR|5
needs gas/ammo

Quote:
30th ag
Whats that? I don't know what I'd do if I had to go to ftu(besides run), I don't see it as an option.

Thankyou all for your help!
G1 Niners #0999
Black Rifle Club #3161
Old 08-22-2006, 14:33   #28
Sam White
Silver Membership
I miss you bud

30th Adjutant General. That's a reception area where they hold the newly arrived soldiers to be for processing. You need to do an abbreviated PT test to leave reception and actually start Basic or OSUT with a training company. If you don't make the PT test you have to stay behind with a different company and do PT until you can pass the test and then you will go downrange. The worst part of it is the boredom and waiting to actually begin training.

Mterada nailed it. You need to do the best you can on PT in the Army, it will influence everything about your career- especially in Combat Arms.
Sam White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:41   #29
chR|5
needs gas/ammo

Ah yes, thankyou. I was use to it being called reception battalion or something or another.

Anyways, just got back from my old high school. I used the same track that was used back in the day to give me my jrotc pt test, its 1/4 mile. After 4 laps I was told and shown the time as 8min 45sec. Not bad, but got good either. Anyways, thankyou everyone for your help, facts, opinions! I will miss everyone here while I'm gone. God bless and HOOAH!
G1 Niners #0999
Black Rifle Club #3161
Old 08-24-2006, 13:52   #30
Arkroyal
Sailing on.

Re: w00t

Quote:
Originally posted by chR|5
Scored a 77 on my asvab.
I've narrowed it down to 11x, 19d, to a lesser degree 13b. Alot changed huh? Any ways, how do I deal with "crotch rot", when at work, my junk itches(my gf soon to be wife likes it kinda bald) after the sweat dries and I cool off. I can only guess how bad it will be at basic.
Damn Dude! Now that we all know what your GF likes, I had that problem pretty bad during AIT etc, most of the stuff is pretty lame. I use Lamisil, the little spray bottle for feet, it also works for crotch rot. Too bad they didn't have it when I was in. the small size bottle is better than a big airosol can for backpacs etc. I hope all works out for you, and stay safe.

Oh Yea, GO 11B1P Airborne Inf.
Old 08-25-2006, 13:57   #31
Coastietech
Need a light??

Dude if you want action and you like weaponary there is only one MOS. 13B. There is only one KING OF BATTLE. Oh and don't let any of the lesser combat arms tell you any different!
Old 09-01-2006, 05:28   #32
dalamar9621

Send a message via AIM to dalamar9621 Send a message via Yahoo to dalamar9621
Quote:
Whats that? I don't know what I'd do if I had to go to ftu(besides run), I don't see it as an option.
FTU sucks, but you will improve your running. I missed my First run by 30 secs, went to FTU for 1 week and passed the next run by 30 secs.

FTU is all mindset, do not get bummed out if you get sent there, stay motivated, I told my Platoon Guide there that I'd be gone in a week, he said "yeah right," sure enough I was packing my bags to go to my basic unit exactly 1 week later.

Stay Motivated, the rest will come to you!
#9621 Florida Glockers Club, 10 Ring
dalamar9621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 13:35   #33
Retread
I am what I am!

As a vet of two services and 2 bootcamps(Army/Navy) with assignments to a 3rd service (USMC), if I had it to do over again, I'd suggest doing something you can be proud of. Go for broke, sign on as an 0311. Then go Recon. If you are going to do it, do it good.
Retread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 03:38   #34
sgtslwilson

Quote:
Originally posted by Harv
These guys are all wrong... You need to go 19Kilo... M1 Abrams Tank crewmen. (Why carry your weapon , when your weapon can carry you)

But seriously, pick one of the 3 Combat Arm MOS's. Armor or Infantry... Artillery .. well, there kinda Combat Arms......

Damn Skippy. 19Killemup! Hooaaah!

Kel-Tec Talk member# 1

Join the fun!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
sgtslwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 07:26   #35
Revelations
Zombie Hunter

Quote:
Originally posted by Harv

Ain't that the truth....
Old 09-21-2006, 08:39   #36
Bill1954

If you are interested in the primary function of the Army, you will have to go to Infantry, Artillery or Armor. I spent 4 years in as a 13Bravo (Field Artillery). It is known as the King of Battle. Gun Bunnies, as we so lovingly called each other are as tight knit a group as any I've ever experienced. Very proud with a lot of
Esprit De Corp. For me personally, it was four years that changed my entire life and perspective. Benn out over 30 yrs. now. But it's just like yesterday. Good Luck whatever you choose.
Bill1954 is offline   Reply With Quote