Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-28-2006, 12:41   #1
Gregoriev

I have a friend in the marines

Last edited by Gregoriev; 11-15-2011 at 14:45..
Gregoriev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 16:24   #2
Princifur

Send a message via AIM to Princifur
He's in a world that is so much different than yours is that anything you say will be fine. If you're hitting a brick wall, just pretend you're writing a journal entry. Start with "I woke up today and then...." and end with "so that brought me to this point in my day writing a letter." Just hearing about things that are familiar to him will be appreciated.

Mail means so much to you in basic training. Sometimes just hearing your name and knowing that you got mail is better than reading the letter itself, so anything you write will be fine.

Don't worry if it sounds like you're making up stuff to put into your letter. I can remember being at OCS, reading every word of a letter, getting to "With Love, -Mom" and realizing I couldn't remember a single word of the entire letter that I had just read. But the fact that I had a letter, even if I forgot what it said the second I finished reading it totally made my day, and it will for your friend as well.
Princifur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 23:29   #3
Ignition
Insanityville

talk about happenings in the outside world, things happening at home no matter how small.

also keep the letters positive... nothing negative if you can

13 weeks will fly by, and one of the best parts about the mail is just hearing your name called during mail call
-Big Dawgs #5530 Young Glockers #5 OAF #1337 USMC- For Life  
-If they ban my guns, can i still use my sword? -a 9mm is really just a .45 set on stun
-Can we repeal Murphy's laws?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

-the 2nd amendment doesnt say the right to keep and bear long-guns
posted by Eric on the OAF --> Yes, when I was created, I killed all other Erics and assimilated them into my neural net. I am ERIC. I am all Erics.
Ignition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 00:48   #4
tibis3383
BAMF!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ignition
talk about happenings in the outside world, things happening at home no matter how small.

also keep the letters positive... nothing negative if you can

13 weeks will fly by, and one of the best parts about the mail is just hearing your name called during mail call
+1. Writing anything negative would be bad. Just keep him informed with everything. And like the others have said, the best part of it all is hearing your name during mail call. And write often.
Rem 870 Super Mag Synthetic
tibis3383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 21:44   #5
truckstop cop

add some sort of positive saying(you can find them online),send pics,tell of your day and ask questions of what he is doing and going through(but dont expect to many answers),also as a helpful tip always send a self addressed stamped envelope with each letter that way all he has to do is write and drop it in and send it.My daughter just recently graduated from PI and she said all those things helped her greatly..

GLOCK 22
FN Herstal forty-nine
mini 40 firestorm
40 S&W CLUB
THE ONLY EASY DAY WAS YESTERDAY;NAVSPECWAR
truckstop cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 22:02   #6
Gregoriev

Last edited by Gregoriev; 11-15-2011 at 14:46..
Old 08-04-2006, 22:24   #7
tibis3383
BAMF!!!

Well I am sorry to hear that. I can bet that he had symptoms for a while but said nothing. I hid EVERYTHING while I was in because the thought of being there any longer than you had to be was terrifying. Also you get so attached to the guys you are with and if you have medical issues you get dropped in training until you are healed and then sent to another platoon. I graduated with stress fractures in my left foot. Tell him to make sure he is healed fully and not to push it because there is still a lot of hard training ahead of him.
Rem 870 Super Mag Synthetic
tibis3383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 23:28   #8
Gregoriev

Last edited by Gregoriev; 11-15-2011 at 14:46..