Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-15-2006, 22:30   #1
hankhan

Spray in bed liners

I've had a Rhino liner and was happy with it - today my dealer suggested Linex as an alternative. Any reason to go with one vs. the other?
Old 08-18-2006, 23:15   #2
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I have never owned a pickup but based on second hand experiences Rhino is a good investment.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 22:40   #3
Lee-online
Mul-ti-pass

linex seems to be a popular product now. it seem to be far better than rhino. if you google it, you will find the procedures are different and the linex has a better application process.

either one is better than nothing. i just have a drop in and found it does what its supposed to. if it gets damaged i can buy a new one and drop it in.

—Thomas Jefferson
Lee-online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 10:17   #4
32FordPSP

Just a followup to your post.

I do commercial/municipal sales for a Ford dealership and use nothing but Linex. My customers are happier with Linex then Rhino and that's what I use exclusively.

Linex has several advatanges over the Rhino:

1.) Peeling: Rhino tands to peel due to the application of the liner itself. Linex actually sands the paint to allow adhersion of the material. I have had several customer who had Rhino replace them with Linex because they peel.

2.) Product: The Rhino material is just like a plastic bedliner and allows materials to slide all over in the bed. The linex is more of an abrasive material which eliminates this.

3.) Finish: The Linex liner has a better overall finish then the Rhino. Their application is thinner and leaves a better overall appearance.

Hopefully this helps you out on your decision.
32FordPSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 14:58   #5
LOOGIE1

I have a nissan titan the liner was done at the dealership the thing is crap i work my titan verry hard i am in the construction feild doing under ground utitlites (water sewer stormdrain) we work are trucks as hard as they can be worked hauling towing this a true test of a truck the truck holds up awsom just hauled 1400 pounds of scrap to the yard yesterday. But for the bed liner it is crap the thing is pealing and when i throw scrap iron pipe in to the bed it will peal the liner up quick the liner is one year old and dont think it will out last the truck. i dont know who nissan uses but there liners realy suck just my 2 cents
Old 08-26-2006, 15:43   #6
Bill73

1.)I have Rhino and they sanded the paint for perfect adhesion. There is no peeling.

2.)Rhino does not let a load slide around like linex. In fact, sometimes I wish it would allow at least some sliding for ease of loading heavy objects.

3.)The finish is thicker on Rhimo and it lasts forever, not like the thin linex.

A very satisfied customer speaking from experience, and not a sales pitch!

Quote:
Originally posted by 32FordPSP
Just a followup to your post.

I do commercial/municipal sales for a Ford dealership and use nothing but Linex. My customers are happier with Linex then Rhino and that's what I use exclusively.

Linex has several advatanges over the Rhino:

1.) Peeling: Rhino tands to peel due to the application of the liner itself. Linex actually sands the paint to allow adhersion of the material. I have had several customer who had Rhino replace them with Linex because they peel.

2.) Product: The Rhino material is just like a plastic bedliner and allows materials to slide all over in the bed. The linex is more of an abrasive material which eliminates this.

3.) Finish: The Linex liner has a better overall finish then the Rhino. Their application is thinner and leaves a better overall appearance.

Hopefully this helps you out on your decision.
Bill73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 02:54   #7
novaDAK

I have a Rhino liner, still holding up great.

Last edited by novaDAK; 01-30-2011 at 10:40..
novaDAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 14:33   #8
avmech
NRA Life Member

I have had both on 2 different trucks.

Linex: started bubbling after 3 months, no help from Linex, total POS.

Rhino: is now 4 years old out in the FL sun.....not a single problem.

Rhino also sands the paint before shooting the product. Stuff slides way less on the Rhino than Linex. I am hard on the bedliners too

Last edited by avmech; 09-22-2006 at 14:36..
avmech is offline   Reply With Quote