SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-20-2006, 17:19   #1
USMCSKI
Sgt USMC 97-02

Anyone else feel this way?

nevermind... I apologize if I offended anyone by this post.

Mods...please delete!

Last edited by USMCSKI; 08-21-2006 at 16:53..
USMCSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 12:11   #2
Sentry Post #1

The mindset of the USMC is that of a Warrior first. It was brought to us in Boot Camp. Next all Marines go to Basic Infantry Training = "Every Marine is a Rifleman". Then each Marine goes to their MOS School.

The Army has two Basic Training Camps. One for non combat MOSs and one for Combat MOSs. Regular Infantry, Airborne, Rangers, and Air Cav units have a Warrior mindset. Tanks and artillery are in this group. Most of the Army is not in this group.

The Navy and Air Force are not trained to have a Warrior mindset. Their job is important, but not Warrior trained. The Air Force is almost a civilian in a uniform mindset.

The Army, Navy and Air Force have Special Force units but these are few in number and each have special missions. Marine Force Recon should be considered a Special Force, but is not generally a long term full career position as is the other branches.

This is why Marinies stand out as a general rule in all civilian jobs. We are special and we know it.
Only two types of people who know what the United States Marines are all about- The 1st group- United States Marines. The 2nd group - all the poor SOB's who take them on in Mortal Combat. ALL others only have 2nd hand knowledge
Sentry Post #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 16:20   #3
Marine8541
iseedeadpeople

Good idea to delete, real marines don't use false bravado like this. We don't need to thump our cheasts and scream like red butted bamboo's. Our deeds speak for us. Some Marines carry their proper values all through their life some act like the aboved mentioned animal and embarrass us all. Unfortuneately you see guys all the time who were former marines that act just as bad as every one else.

Last edited by Marine8541; 08-22-2006 at 08:53..
Marine8541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 16:42   #4
USMCSKI
Sgt USMC 97-02

Last edited by USMCSKI; 08-21-2006 at 16:54..
USMCSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 17:11   #5
Sentry Post #1

Talk

The Marine Corp is built on self promotion. Many have tried to put it out of business. Harry Truman tried real hard after WWII. Former Marines stood up to him. The Marines reach their recruiting goals, simply be asking, if you think you can measure up, come talk to us. We are Warriors!

I am what I am because of what I learned in the Corps. I am one of if not the best at what I do. Many weak kneed POSs have tried to give me crap because of my attitude. An Ol Gunny once told me "When swimming upstream and the crap comes floating to you, swim breaststroke, sweep it away and keep going".

I look for Former Marines and Airborne types with a Warrior Spirit to hire when I have openings. I also know that there are non military types that have potential. They just take longer to train to meet my standards.

I do not care what readers may think. I know what is real and what makes sense to me. I also know there are Former Marines who have given up the Warrior Spirit and bought into the crap given to them by those who resent their ability to make things happen, survive and rise to the top.

Only a few can wear the Eagle, Globe and Anchor and claim the title - US Marine. They are all Warriors.
Only two types of people who know what the United States Marines are all about- The 1st group- United States Marines. The 2nd group - all the poor SOB's who take them on in Mortal Combat. ALL others only have 2nd hand knowledge
Sentry Post #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:11   #6
Kingslayer
My New Title

Quote:
Originally posted by Marine8541
Good idea to delete, real marines don't use false bravado like this. We don't need to thump our cheasts and scream like red butted bamboo's. Our deeds speak for us. Some Marines carry their proper values all through their life some act like the aboved mentioned animal and embarrass us all. Unfortuneately you see guys all the time who were former marines that act just as bad as every one else.
Yes we do. We do it all the time, we just don't realize it. It's the way we walk, the way we talk, the way we carry ourselves, and it shows in everything we do. You line up 10 people and I'll pick out the Marine in less than 5 minutes each time.

Some people are so proud to be Marines, that it's almost to the point of fault. We were all like this at one point in time. We were all that 8 foot tall, bulletproof Marine fresh out of boot camp.

We do need to thump our chests and scream like red butted bamboos. If we didn't there wouldn't be a Marine Corps. As outlined above, they've tried numerous times to absolve the Corps but have failed. They didn't fail because of what we accomplished but because we screamed like red butted bamboos.

And it's hard not to considering every deed the USMC has accomplished has been drilled into, when each and every year of history, pride, and tradition has been handed to you.

That's what sets us apart. We beat our chests and scream and holler because, damn it, we can back it up.
Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:24   #7
9jeeps
Fogey

AMEN! Kingslayer, well said.

From an ole USAF.

Yep, I was a civilian in a uniform... Good duty too.
9jeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:33   #8
Marine8541
iseedeadpeople

Quote:
Originally posted by Kingslayer
Yes we do. We do it all the time, we just don't realize it.
We'll if you would of read the OP he was calling former members of other servises S&^t Birds. If you feel you need to do this go ahead. I spent 22 years in and we never acted the fool like some of the posters in this thread have insinuated. I spent almost all my time in grunt units or training grunts and yes I have multiple CARs and my men or the men I served with never acted this way. This is the exact behavior that I'd exspect form an personal and Administration. the last two combat tours I spent with the 6th and 8th Mar STA PLT. I never saw any behavior like this. What units were you guys with? There is a differense between having pride in your accomplishments and acting like and all out ass that just graduated from boot and is sporting his national defense fire watch ribbon who is trying to get in the pants of Suzi rottencrotch from back home telling every one how bad he is and how bad the AF, Navy and army are whimps. real profressional don't tell you how good they are they show you. Like I've said before yiou aint a grunt you aint ...well you know the rest.... because grunts don't act like this. We don'y have to insult other branches of the servise to be the best if it makes you better to say that former servise members from other servises like the AF guy who has no idea why I posted what I did are POS and not squared away fine. Most of us don't need to. I and the men I served with never felt the need to put down any one else to make us seem tougher. If you don't have a CAR you don't have the "warrior spirit" because YOU ARE NOT A WARRIOR.

Last edited by Marine8541; 08-22-2006 at 10:47..
Old 08-22-2006, 11:09   #9
USMCSKI
Sgt USMC 97-02

Who gives a crap if you were a grunt....where you were stationed....where you did duty...

The point that I was making was that so much of the stuff I learned in the USMC carried over to the way I live my life as a civilian!!!
Old 08-22-2006, 11:54   #10
Marine8541
iseedeadpeople

Quote:
Originally posted by USMCSKI
Who gives a crap if you were a grunt....where you were stationed....where you did duty...

The point that I was making was that so much of the stuff I learned in the USMC carried over to the way I live my life as a civilian!!!
That's not what your original post said. Your OP said that why are former members of the USMC squared away and why are former members of other servises not so squared away. You were trying to down another branch of the servise and you knew it was bad form because you said in your OP that you would probablly take crud for it. Don't cry now when you hear that inside the Marines that certain MOS's think that others aren't so squared away themselves. Don't tell me that's news to you is it? Don't tell me that you really didn't know that Marines with combat MOs think there are us and them? You never heard a grunt refer to MPs as traffic cops or crowd control because we call NIS for real investigations? See when you start throwing stones and insults at other servises don't be surprised when they come back your way. BTW I served with many members of 3 ID and others that were just as dedicated, motivated, squared away and good as any marine I ever knew. I have met some great former servise members from all bracnches and a few from all branches that are not so great. What a combat MOS thinks is squared away is very different to what others think are good to go. I love inter servise rivalry and playing around but you were tring to insult others to make yourself feel good. What do you want me to say? Yes all Marines who ever served are squared away in the civilian world better than any other servise and the others are POS? Yeah right... there are pleanty threads on this board about habits carried over that are still with us with out insulting any other branch. So start another thread about I'm still squared away with out an insult to our brethern in the Army or put your OP in general or in the Army so you can ask them why their not squared away when they leave the servise. ETA I don't think there are two Marine Corps but many do. I was just making my point.

Last edited by Marine8541; 08-22-2006 at 12:02..
Old 08-22-2006, 12:09   #11
USMCSKI
Sgt USMC 97-02

Quote:
Your OP said that why are former members of the USMC squared away and why are former members of other servises not so squared away.
I should have left my OP up...because aparently you didnt read it or couldnt understand it....I NEVER said that former members of the USMC were squared away and was asking others opinions on their impression on how squared away people that were prior service in other branches.
Hell ...I have met some &^%$ birds in the USMC and know of a few that aint worth a pile of sand in civilian life.
Smae holds true for other branches of service...its just that I have worked with several people from a different branch of the US armed forces that seemed like they either were not tought a darn thing while active duty -OR- nothing they were tought carried over to civilian life!
Old 08-22-2006, 17:07   #12
Kingslayer
My New Title

Quote:
If you don't have a CAR you don't have the "warrior spirit" because YOU ARE NOT A WARRIOR.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your point with this sentence, but isn't you saying this no better than a boot acting tough because he's got a National Defence Ribbon?

Hopefully I'm taking that statement the wrong way, because I can point out quiet a few buddies with bullet holes in them and no CAR on their chest...

What about the guys that rescued Capt. Scott O'Grady, the AF pilot shot down in Bosnia? I personally counted 34 bullet holes in the side of that helo, and I only got to see one side. What about the guys, sitting in the welldeck of an LSD chomping at the bit for 3 hours waiting for the green light to go in, only to be pissed about being red flagged and them sending helos instead. I saw every single guy in my platoon ready to give everything they had, even their lives, to bring back a guy they never met, from a different branch. I saw the anger in their eyes when they learned the brass wanted to be there and decided to take helos instead of giving my guys the oppertunity to show what they trained for over a year to do.

Those guys were all warriors and heros and not a single one of them has CARs.

Last edited by Kingslayer; 08-22-2006 at 17:12..
Old 08-22-2006, 19:14   #13
Marine8541
iseedeadpeople

Quote:
Originally posted by Kingslayer
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your point with this sentence, but isn't you saying this no better than a boot acting tough because he's got a National Defence Ribbon?

If you read the last sentense of my post I say that I don't feel this way but many do. I was trying to make a point that when you disparage the servise of others then it can come righ back at you. If you were in then you know that combat medals carry more weight than other salad. I don't think this is fair because most guys can't control the unit their in or the orders that their unit gets but it is a fact of life. Selection boards always take into the "highest consideration" decorations and medals earned under fire. I passed many of my contempararies in rank because I happened to be in the wrong place at the right time. I didn't think less of them but the selection boards did. See my point was that when you start saying that other parts of any branch don't have the "warrior spirit" some will say you don't either because the warrior is born in war and not a wet deck. When you start questioning the guts of any branch because of the job they held don't be shocked when it comes back at you. The final point is not all Marines consider every Marine to be a "warrior". Don't be surprised when many think this way because you think many in other branches don't have this spirit. We can be the best with out ever saying any thing about any other branch. See what happens when you beat your chest with the warrior spirit and talk about the others servises missing some thing? Some one may ask what war you were in. This whole thread was predicated on the OP talking about two former Army not being squared away. I knew a clerk with the 3ID who had the warrior spirit in combat and a member of the AF who was just as great under fire in an ambush one day, so why talk crap about others current of former? That's exactly not the kind of "self promotion we need".

Last edited by Marine8541; 08-22-2006 at 22:23..
Old 08-23-2006, 10:24   #14
Kingslayer
My New Title

I agree, that's not the type of self promotion we need. But there are two types of chest beating.

You won't see me beat my chest and point out the other branches negatives. I won't say I'm better because the Army doesn't train as hard, or the Air Force is like the boy scouts with mops.

I will however beat my chest and tell you why the Marines are better. I see the latter as acceptable considering we've been doing it for over 230 years...

It's pride. The day that chest beating stops is the day the Marine Corps dies for there is no one left to carry on that pride.
Old 08-23-2006, 21:11   #15
Ignition
Insanityville

just work it out. bah no sense in internet arguing
-Big Dawgs #5530 Young Glockers #5 OAF #1337 USMC- For Life  
-If they ban my guns, can i still use my sword? -a 9mm is really just a .45 set on stun
-Can we repeal Murphy's laws?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

-the 2nd amendment doesnt say the right to keep and bear long-guns
posted by Eric on the OAF --> Yes, when I was created, I killed all other Erics and assimilated them into my neural net. I am ERIC. I am all Erics.
Ignition is offline   Reply With Quote