Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-17-2006, 09:47   #1
MERCMADE
BULLET PROOF

Send a message via Yahoo to MERCMADE
40 kb

Pasintabi sa lahat.new member,my respect to everybody.
Not new to the gun scene though, been shooting since before I had braces on and before pimples.
New glock though, and new to the 40 caliber.Been mostly a 1911-45 fan /user, and a true believer of the spray and pray varient of weapons(cut down m16s and ingrams),thus the interest in glocks.You get a very fine,totally reliable firearm, with the capacity to transform into a very compact machine pistol in the glock,I LIKE..

almost backed out on my glock though,just before my glock came out, my friends 23 KB'd(kaboomed).about 2 weeks ago, in armscor markina, he's glock had a catastrophic accident.It KB'd on 4x fired reloaded brass, lucky fart though, only damage to the gun was a torn extractor.f___ing scary.I hear your thoughts,its his fault, why is he reloading for the glock,its implicitly advised not to reload in the manual,but....reloading is the only way to get a lot of range time sa pinas.
My question to glockers more senior,if you will oblige
-do you guys reload?
-is it safe to use +p ammo in glocks(glock advise?)
-ok b yung glock an roll nyo, dun sa mga meron?
-does BOG have regular range schedules?or EBs for that matter?
I'm impressed with the knowledge shared in these forums, would really like to shoot the * * * * with everbody.
MERCMADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 16:43   #2
vega

Re: 40 kb

Quote:
Originally posted by mercfreak22c
almost backed out on my glock though,just before my glock came out, my friends 23 KB'd(kaboomed).about 2 weeks ago, in armscor markina, he's glock had a catastrophic accident.It KB'd on 4x fired reloaded brass, lucky fart though, only damage to the gun was a torn extractor.f___ing scary.I hear your thoughts,its his fault, why is he reloading for the glock,its implicitly advised not to reload in the manual,but....reloading is the only way to get a lot of range time sa pinas.
-do you guys reload?
I'm impressed with the knowledge shared in these forums, would really like to shoot the * * * * with everbody.
Welcome to the forum!
Sorry to hear about your friend, glad to hear the only thing that was hurt was his pride. A lot of shooters reload for Glock, not only BOG members but also other GTers. All FA manuals have that disclaimer, not only Glock. If you have other firearms you might want to look that up.

- Yes I do reload.
- Yes it's safe to use +p with your Glock, but other smight not agreee.
- Don't have one.
- Check the board, I wouldn't call it regular sked. Biglang nagkakaayaan.
BOG #005
vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 17:38   #3
jimbullet

Can you tell us more what exactly happened? Did the KB result to a 6 oclock crack on the shell?

A KB would normally be a result of case failure or either the bullet upon loading to the chamber went further into the shell, which could translate to 3 times higher pressures.
BOG#125
PNZ#15130
PAASS Badge#3104
jimbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 18:02   #4
vega

jimbullet - Glad to see you're not blaming lead anymore? HEHE.
Peace bro.
BOG #005
vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 18:41   #5
revo

Quote:
my friends 23 KB'd(kaboomed).about 2 weeks ago, in armscor markina, he's glock had a catastrophic accident.It KB'd on 4x fired reloaded brass, lucky fart though, only damage to the gun was a torn extractor.f___ing scary.I hear your thoughts,its his fault, why is he reloading for the glock,its implicitly advised not to reload in the manual,but....reloading is the only way to get a lot of range time sa pinas.
-do you guys reload?
The root cause of your friend's KB'd is the use of reloaded Glock cases.

Glock's factory barrel chambers are unsupported at the 6 o'clock position to enhance feeding.

If you would like to reload and still use Glocks, you have to change to aftermarket barrels with fully supported chambers. I uses KKM Precision and Jarvis barrels on all my Glocks.

Now to answer you questions -

- Yes, I reload
- Yes, it is quite safe to use + p ammo

Hope this helps.
revo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 19:13   #6
jayjay00

revo,

Are KKM precision barrels for Glock available locally here in Manila?

Also, when you guys ask "Do you reload" or say "I reload", you guys are referring to the reloading of ammo by the shooter himself right? Is there a difference if you have ,say, the gun club reload the ammo for you?
jayjay00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 23:45   #7
revo

Quote:
Originally posted by jayjay00
revo,

Are KKM precision barrels for Glock available locally here in Manila?

Also, when you guys ask "Do you reload" or say "I reload", you guys are referring to the reloading of ammo by the shooter himself right? Is there a difference if you have ,say, the gun club reload the ammo for you?
Yes, I think KKM barrels are available from Manila.

When I say 'I reload', I mean I have a Dillon in my garage and I reload myself.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-17-2006, 23:46   #8
jayjay00

revo,

Gotcha. Thanks.
jayjay00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 23:58   #9
batangueno
Shock Resist

Quote:
Welcome to the BOG.

If there are no scheduled matches to attend on a weekend, we normally practice on sundays at armscor. Although i can't guarantee the knowledge that will be shared, basta kay Eye Cutter, McO, Django ka lang makikinig. Sa iba kasi iba na ang matututunan mo.
batangueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 00:59   #10
MERCMADE
BULLET PROOF

the shells "pwet" came off,it broke off the shoulder of the shell,too bad my cameras sd got messed up nabura pics e.
I'm aware that the glocks have fairly unsupported chambers, but ive heard some advise that you can get away with reloading a shell,that you only use in your glock,up to about 3x safely.I'm also gonna start using a bullet gauge when i start to reload to atleast check for case integrity.
Although a new barrel is very much in the future of my gun,I'd like to be on the safe side now when I do start using reloads in my stock barrel.
I go to armscor regularly with a loose group of gun nuts, we work near by,usually week days after lunch.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:03   #11
revo

Follow what Glock says.

Do not shoot reloads in Glock barrels. You're only courting injury.

The 'pwet' coming off is also called 'case separation'.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:09   #12
MERCMADE
BULLET PROOF

the shells "pwet" came off,it broke off the shoulder of the shell,too bad my cameras sd got messed up nabura pics e.
I'm aware that the glocks have fairly unsupported chambers, but ive heard some advise that you can get away with reloading a shell,that you only use in your glock,up to about 3x safely.I'm also gonna start using a bullet gauge when i start to reload to atleast check for case integrity.
Although a new barrel is very much in the future of my gun,I'd like to be on the safe side now when I do start using reloads in my stock barrel.
I go to armscor regularly with a loose group of gun nuts, we work near by,usually week days after lunch.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:19   #13
MERCMADE
BULLET PROOF

O, by the way my friends g23 is up and running ,after P1100 for an extractor from final option
Old 09-18-2006, 03:35   #14
Pepe308
Noypi

Chamber support

Quote:
Originally posted by revo
Glock's factory barrel chambers are unsupported at the 6 o'clock position to enhance feeding.
Welcome MercFreak! Someone shared this photo to me for comparison on the chamber support issue. Left is Storm Lake, stock barrel on the right, hope this helps.
Band of Glockers

Band of Glockers #308

Last edited by Pepe308; 09-18-2006 at 04:53..
Pepe308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:29   #15
charlie-xray
Gunpowder Adik

Send a message via Yahoo to charlie-xray
Eto

Eto na nga ang masasabi nating greatest fear ko about the Glock 23, it's a good versatile boomer pero with this constant threat to it diba, wala naman sigurong chances ito na mag-KB then matulad kay Benicio Del Torro sa SIN CITY na bumaon sa noo niya yung slide diba?

So anybody knowing what parts to keep, or meaning to say bilhin ko na ngayon pa lang for future-proofing of the Glock 23 beside the barrel
charlie-xray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:15   #16
pipo

Quote:
Still confirms/validates my research on glock kbooms happening mostly on the 40 cal. versions. Seems no or at least very rare incidence on the 9mms (G17 et al). Is there any difference in the factory barrel design between the G17 and G22/23 as far as chamber support is concerned?
pipo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:20   #17
cebuboy
toy soldier

Quote:
-do you guys reload?
- yes, i let our club caretaker do the reloading for me.
- ok in my g21 and g34.
- yes its ok to glock n roll, if you have that much money for ammo
- dont know, i live in cebu.

what powder was your friend using?
Old 09-18-2006, 08:58   #18
jimbullet

I believe its kinda nil on the 9mm. I looked at my barrel and it seems that the shell is supported on the stock barrel unlike the 40cal barrel as shown on the pic.

Yes, Vega, done some research on the root cause of these KB's, though I could not say that I would start using lead in mine. I am still a bit apprehensive but majority of the KB's seem to be case failure.
BOG#125
PNZ#15130
PAASS Badge#3104
jimbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 21:11   #19
labuyo73
BOG#17281

Re: Eto

Quote:
Originally posted by charlie-xray
Eto na nga ang masasabi nating greatest fear ko about the Glock 23, it's a good versatile boomer pero with this constant threat to it diba, wala naman sigurong chances ito na mag-KB then matulad kay Benicio Del Torro sa SIN CITY na bumaon sa noo niya yung slide diba?

So anybody knowing what parts to keep, or meaning to say bilhin ko na ngayon pa lang for future-proofing of the Glock 23 beside the barrel
Being a fellow G23 owner (just got mine last Saturday), we share the same concern...KB. Anyway, promised myself to use Armscor factory FMJ until I get an aftermarket barrel (Storm Lake, KKM or Barsto, in order of preference). Need to save nga lang for a new barrel kasi they're quite expensive and hard to find/order from the gunstores here in MM. I'll check the gunshow in Nov. and keep you posted on the prices so you can set aside the budget and buy when you do come home. In the meantime, I'll have to limit my practice muna kasi medyo masakit din sa bulsa kung factory ammo lagi gagamitin. Stay safe
labuyo73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 05:03   #20
charlie-xray
Gunpowder Adik

Send a message via Yahoo to charlie-xray
Re: Re: Eto

Cge Labuyo I'll take you on that, advise mo ako ukol sa barrel ok yan unang pag-iipunan ko rin, in case you need to directly contact me here's my email cx4909@gmail.com kasi itong access ko sa glocktalk tsambahan lang at nakakalusot pa sa firewall dito sa office, sa bahay naman naku super kupad.

Quote:
Originally posted by labuyo73
Being a fellow G23 owner (just got mine last Saturday), we share the same concern...KB. Anyway, promised myself to use Armscor factory FMJ until I get an aftermarket barrel (Storm Lake, KKM or Barsto, in order of preference). Need to save nga lang for a new barrel kasi they're quite expensive and hard to find/order from the gunstores here in MM. I'll check the gunshow in Nov. and keep you posted on the prices so you can set aside the budget and buy when you do come home. In the meantime, I'll have to limit my practice muna kasi medyo masakit din sa bulsa kung factory ammo lagi gagamitin. Stay safe
charlie-xray is offline   Reply With Quote