SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-06-2006, 18:46   #1
CookieGirl
SE of Disorder

Moving Out Tuesday

So, our Marine deploys on Tuesday for Iraq. I'm worried and sad. I know he has the best training in the world, but still, I want him to come home breathing and in one piece.

My daughter and her friends are hemming handkerchiefs and writing letters to send to him and his colleagues. I'm sure those are inconsequential things compared with what will be going on around him, but it makes the 10 year olds feel useful and helpful.
CookieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 20:37   #2
USMC Scout Dog

I pray God to bless your Marine, and keep him out of harms way. May your bond with him grow each day. May you come to know what it means to be a United States Marine, and to be willing to give all for the cause of your country, or for another Marine. I pray Heavenly Father's most choice blessings be with you, to be with your family, and to be with all in our military service and their families. Semper Fi
USMC Scout Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 08:49   #3
rick458
USS Texas BB-35

Amaen to that Brother,
and Cookie girl letters from home mean more than you will ever know esp from loved ones keep them as upbeat as possible Honest but up beat
Old 10-09-2006, 08:44   #4
CookieGirl
SE of Disorder

Many thanks to all who posted. Your prayers and thoughts are so much appreciated. We will keep the home fires burning. I have a friend whose 20 year old son (USA) is home from Ramadii this week. He tells such sad and worrisome stories...
Old 10-09-2006, 13:17   #5
lethrnk

HeyCookieGirl,

My Son came home from Ramadi on Monday, 2-Oct-06. There is nothing anyone can say to you unless they have been in the shoes of someone sending their Son to war... My son Ben is an 0331 Machine/SAW gunner. He saw a lot of action and brought home lots of video. One thing that he and the rest of the guys really like is freezer pops... You can buy big boxes of them at WalMart. Also send lots of socks and undershorts... It is so hot over there, and they usually are out long periods of time without a change, so when they come in they just throw the stuff away... May God watch over all of our Marines and Soldiers...

Semper Fi-
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
-Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
lethrnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 17:22   #6
dbolden

Write and send those letters. Occasionally if you can throw in pics of family, friends and special places from home. Any encouragement and good news is awesome. The less they feel cut-off from the real world the better. If you can get a local elementary to adopt the platoon/unit it will do wonders for their morale. It is very inspiring to get a letter from a third grader you don't even know.

dbolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 20:36   #7
CookieGirl
SE of Disorder

A very good idea about having an elementary class adopt the unit. And I just "happen to have" a bright and creative fifth grader handy around the house. Hmmmm...I smell a composition activity in the making.
Old 10-15-2006, 16:40   #8
SeriousStudent

Please be sure and tell your son thank you for us. We appreciate his service to our country!

<insert long list of firearms here>
SeriousStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 22:22   #9
dbolden

How's the deployment going?
dbolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 05:28   #10
CookieGirl
SE of Disorder

Well, we've learned he's in a pretty hot spot (the one that's in the news frequently) and they're seeing action. They had an injury casualty within about four days of being there. We don't get news very often, but he's hanging in there. What can I say? He's a Marine. We worry every single day. But we're not any different from thousands of other people who have loved ones over there.

Thanks so much for asking.
Old 11-08-2006, 21:09   #11
SeriousStudent

We will be sure and keep in in our prayers.

<insert long list of firearms here>
SeriousStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 21:28   #12
CookieGirl
SE of Disorder

Thank you so much. The Marines are an amazing bunch of people. Tim's just one of them. All of our troops deserve our prayers and good wishes, regardless of what you think about the war. They're people just like us--with hopes and dreams and needs. I want them all home safe and sound as soon as reasonably possible.
Old 11-08-2006, 21:32   #13
engineer151515

May God bless your family and return your Marine home safe and sound.

My son is over there. I know how you feel.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:41   #14
CookieGirl
SE of Disorder

Thanks so much. We'll remember your Marine as well. We should be so fortunate that they will all come home safely and soon.