Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-10-2006, 18:05   #1
Tennessee Slim
CLM Number 93
SeŮor Member

Rcommended Airgun Source

Can anyone recommend a reliable and reasonably-priced online airgun merchant? I want a Beeman R-9 Goldfinger in .20 cal. Because the $ is so weak against the Ä, I knew theyíd be steep but theyíre currently YIKES!!! $522.95 at my usual spot (Airgun Express). Iíve found them listed for ~$100 less at other places that appear to be sort of fly-by-night and donít have any provision for online purchases (Pomona Airguns, etc.) but, because Iím in Iraq, Iím disinclined to waste a stateside telephone call to a merchant whose business methods are stuck in the 20th Century ;-).

So does anyone know a reputable source who doesnít hold the Goldfinger so dear?

"The principal feature of American liberalism is sanctimoniousness. By loudly denouncing all bad things ó war and hunger and date rape ó liberals testify to their own terrific goodness. More important, they promote themselves to membership in a self-selecting elite of those who care deeply about such things.... It's a kind of natural aristocracy, and the wonderful thing about this aristocracy is that you don't have to be brave, smart, strong or even lucky to join it, you just have to be liberal."
-- P.J. O'Rourke (1992)
Tennessee Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 11:52   #2
gruntmedik
CLM Number 291
Honk Honk

Here ya go.
Old 10-20-2006, 17:54   #3
Tennessee Slim
CLM Number 93
SeŮor Member

Thank you, gruntmedik. They didnít have the rifle I was looking for but their web site led me back to Pomona Airguns. Iíd tried to avoid dealing with them because they donít do web sales and, living in Iraq, having to telephone the US to place an order is a PITA. Anyway, I called Pomona and ordered one for $439. Even though they undercut Airgun Express by nearly $100, itís probably the most expensive airgun Iíll every own (although itís still reasonable, in the Krieghoff sense of the word).

Not five minutes after Iíd sruck the blow with Pomona, I got an E-mail reply from Airguns of Arizona, who had the same gun in stock ...for $489!!!

"The principal feature of American liberalism is sanctimoniousness. By loudly denouncing all bad things ó war and hunger and date rape ó liberals testify to their own terrific goodness. More important, they promote themselves to membership in a self-selecting elite of those who care deeply about such things.... It's a kind of natural aristocracy, and the wonderful thing about this aristocracy is that you don't have to be brave, smart, strong or even lucky to join it, you just have to be liberal."
-- P.J. O'Rourke (1992)
Tennessee Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 19:04   #4
gruntmedik
CLM Number 291
Honk Honk

Glad I could help.