Home Forums Classifieds GT Store Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-01-2015, 10:08   #1
Slingblade

What upgrades have you done?

What kind of upgrades have you done to your Glock 19? First thing I did was upgrade to Truglo TFO sights. I've got a third gen, so the frame is currently at ColdboreCustom getting the grip reduced, trigger guard squared and undercut and carry textured.

What have you done?
Slingblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 10:13   #2
hvac-12

I got the Nibx glock 19 and have night sights.
hvac-12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 10:39   #3
Bren
NRA Life Member

I have changed the sights on the 2 Glocks I currently own to Warren Tactical (competition) and Tru Glo TFO (Carry). Skateboard grip tape on the competition gun. Nothing else.

Most things people call "upgrades" are really just changes.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 21:48   #4
Makoman

The only mods I ever make are smooth-faced G17/22 trigger, G34/35 extended slide release and night sights. I used to do an OEM 4.5 connector but have since decided to just leave the trigger stock.

Walther Forum Member #55
Makoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 22:56   #5
Slingblade

Quick little story. My current carry is an XDS45. It came without night sites. Now I pushed a black & white around for a couple decades when I was younger and I always had night sites on my guns. Can't really say why I didn't do it to the XDS. Stock sights were dead on and the front site was fiber optic.

I drive 25 miles to work every day and 25 miles home. Most of that is on interstate, about half that is dark, out in the county. I had set my cruise on 70, the posted limit. I was coming up on a red Mustang fairly fast. I moved to the left and passed him. He had to be doing 35 - 40. Just when I though he was almost out of sight, I noticed a vehicle coming hard. 100+ mph. Same Mustang passes me, then slows way down in front of me. I attempt to change lanes and he moves over too. I finally get by him then he pulls up on my left and travels with me aways. Drops back and then moves over to the shoulder and pulls up beside me. I figure this guy is crazy. I get my gun out thinking he's going to start shooting any minute. Problem is I cannot see my sights. Not at all. He eventually speeds up and runs out of sight in front of me.

I'll tell you I was nervious and when I pulled my gun and couldn't see the sights, well the next day off the slide went for some night sights.
Slingblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 17:31   #6
DonGlock26

I have a new G-19 gen 4. I installed a G-17 smooth trigger bar.
I also put some green Ameriglo I-Dot on. They rock.
“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”Heraclitus
DonGlock26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 20:13   #7
glockandgroovin'
Devil Dog

Send a message via Yahoo to glockandgroovin'
I went with the yellow/ green Tru Glo TFO's on my Gen 4 19. Love them!
.40 S&W#60

Kimber is the gun that you show to your friends,Glock is the gun that you show to your enemies.
glockandgroovin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 22:23   #8
JaPes
Rimfire 1010101

I recently came back to the Glock 19 Gen4. I did not expect the G19 Gen4 to become my cool/cold weather carry pistol because I thought it would be too big. I carry it in an OWB holster with two spare mags in a carrier. Because this is my carry pistol, I am loathe to install a bunch of replacement parts. I've modded Glock triggers, swapped out components, springs, connectors. Every deviation from the box-stock trigger is a compromise. A lighter connector induces "mush" before the trigger break. A stronger trigger spring can induce failures of the trigger face safety to engage. A NY1 spring causes a heavier trigger and a more forceful trigger reset. A lighter striker spring can induce failure to fire using ammo with hard primers.

Here is what I've done:
  1. 25˘ trigger job. I polished up everything. It makes the trigger smoother.
  2. Installed marine spring cups. In the unlikely event my pistol is submerged, dunked, wet, etc. I want the water to drain out of the firing pin channel.
  3. Installed a trigger w/trigger bar assembly from a G17 Gen3. This one doesn't have the bump on the nub that disengages the safety plunger.
  4. Installed a grip plug. This is purely for aesthetics.

#3 - That Gen4 bump on the nub on the trigger bar assembly supposedly ensures the nub contacts the safety plunger properly. What it does is adds an extra half pound hitch to the trigger that shouldn't be there at all to begin with. Fire an earlier production run Gen3 and you'll see what I mean.

The only other thing I want to do is install night sights. I'm trying to decide between:
  • Ameriglo Pro i-DOT sights.
  • XS-Big Dot sights.
  • Trijicon HD night sights.
What I really wish someone made would be night sights that mimicked the standard Glock sights. I learned to shoot on the standard Glock rear "U" and front dot combo.
Glock 22 Gen4 | Glock 17 Gen4 | Glock 19 Gen4 |
Glock 29SF

Last edited by JaPes; 01-30-2015 at 22:24..
JaPes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 15:18   #9
Glockworks
Ready/Aim/Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingblade View Post
What kind of upgrades have you done to your Glock 19? First thing I did was upgrade to Truglo TFO sights. I've got a third gen, so the frame is currently at ColdboreCustom getting the grip reduced, trigger guard squared and undercut and carry textured.

What have you done?
I know you asked about the 19, but in all my Glocks, I have never modified them at all. I am happy, or easily impressed apparently.
gun zone, this would make them safe, no?
Glockworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 14:17   #10
AZson

My G35 has the kitchen sink added to it. Amug them is a 2 1/2lb trigger job done by a gunsmith.
Old 02-08-2015, 15:05   #11
Parabellum147

So far I've added Ameriglo Pro i-Dot sights and a Lasermax guide rod. Planning to add a Vickers extended mag release, Vickers extended slide release, and probably Vickers magazine bases as well.