Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-13-2006, 18:16   #1
gunsite
CLM Number 227
Charter Lifetime Member

Democrat Lies About Being A Green Beret To Get Votes

Levy gave mouth-to-mouth resuscitation while others ran for a second lifeguard. Levy soon revived the child.
Levy said he heard the mother’s cries and reacted. He said “’I felt great knowing I was part of keeping another life alive. I was a Green Beret in Vietnam and I guess I’ve taken a few lives. It feels good to be on the other side this time.’”
When Levy ran for mayor last year, his campaign touted his military background as just what the frequently scandal-plagued resort needed.
On March 17, 2005, Democrats rallied around Levy’s campaign. In an unpublished interview, his life-long friend Whelan told a Press reporter Levy was: “a pretty remarkable guy with tours as a Green Beret in Vietnam.”
In a subsequent May 3, 2005 interview, campaign spokesman Thomas Hickey listed Levy’s time as a “Green Beret” among his other qualifications.

Oct 18, Levy had allowed veterans to think he was a Green Beret. He addressed the 328th Regiment Combat Team, 26th Infantry Division Association’s 56th Annual reunion and banquet at Atlantic City’s Holiday Inn.
In front of about 150 World War II veterans, association organizer George Fisher introduced Levy. Fisher called the mayor a former Ranger and Green Beret who earned two Bronze Stars in Vietnam.

Former Lacey Township Mayor Tom Waskovich runs Vetgroup, Inc., a nonprofit organization that assists veterans. He is also the former executive director of the Special Operations Association. In Vietnam, he was a 1st lieutenant with the Special Forces.
After reviewing Levy’s records, he said, “He owes all of us an apology. For someone to use phony military credentials to get votes is just dead wrong.”

MORE...

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/n...-6786289c.html
Old 11-13-2006, 19:43   #2
jmshady

Let me see here....

Airborne, 2 Bronze Stars, Vietnam Vet, 1SG, 20 year career....

All to be outed as a lieing sack of smelly brown stuff. When will people be proud of their OWN service. Blows my mind that someone that was as accomplished in the military as him has to embellish to feel better about themselves. Apology to everyone will not be enough. He needs to step down and then their might be some respect given back.
jmshady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 20:08   #3
FDC

Why can't folks just be proud of what they've done without embellishment? He had a decent career, why not tell the truth?

I agree, he should apologize and step down.
FDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 03:45   #4
Juell
Gun Nut that is

So is he on that "Fake green beret" type website now? It doesn't sound like HE said he was a green beret, but the fact that he didn't dispute it is bad enough.
Juell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 15:21   #5
GreenBeret1631

I Hate Posers!

US Army Forum

"To make war upon rebellion is messy and slow, like eating soup with a knife" -TE Lawrence.
GreenBeret1631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 16:23   #6
Sam White
Silver Membership
I miss you bud

He already had much to be proud of, I don't get it.
Sam White is offline   Reply With Quote