Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-15-2006, 22:28   #21
plow78

Quote:
Originally posted by allglock
Delco is tough!
If they cant get ahold of your references, you gotta wait.
Both of my references were local buisnessmen, and the Sheriffs office called them both at about 6-7 PM when they are on their way home!
Why not call them at their buisness during the day?
It took me about 45 days (total) to get my renewal last year.
The problem is the sheriffs only work m-f 6 am ish to 7 pm ish. They have a civilian person who does all initial paperwork and pictures. Then it gets handed over to one of several deputys who do permits as an OT type thing/ extra duty type thing, calling references etc. It is always in the evening b/c the S.O. is so short handed it has to be done after the courts are down for the day. They dont even have enough coverage for courtrooms at times

I am not going to tell you why I know this.

Last edited by plow78; 12-16-2006 at 19:02..
plow78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 14:37   #22
orangehole

That makes sense since my references and I were called at 7am which I guess is before Court starts. That is an interesting loophole regarding the 6 month expiration and eligibility to carry.
orangehole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 01:18   #23
FortyCaliber
10millimember

Not being able to find the latest PA statute online, I called my state rep's office and got a copy of the statute so that I would be forearmed with the latest info.

I then called the Sheriff's Office on Friday to get an update on my permit. The clerk that usually handles the permits was on vacation.

The woman that answered the phone was a miserable female canine. She said that she could not give out information on the phone because of privacy and that they have no way of knowing who they are giving the information to. (That's funny... the girl who usually handles the permits told me the status ove the phone when I called last month. Banks and credit card companies are able to verify who they are talking to over the phone all the time.)

She told me that I would receive a letter in the mail when I was approved and that they are very busy. I told her very politely that I was very concerned about my renewal as it had been 50 working days and 70 consecutive days since I applied for my renewal. I also told her that it wasn't my problem that they were busy, I needed my permit and they have a limited time to reply to me. She then got really huffy and told me that I had to come in person to check on it.

I then called the gun permit supervisor to try to get more information but there was no answer so I left a message. I am still waiting for that return call.

I went to the sheriff's office on Friday afternoon and the woman who was handling the permits told me that I was just approved on 12/11 and that I didn't get my letter in the mail since the woman who normally does the permits was on vacation.

I thought she was going to tell me to come back after I received the approval letter, but she did not, she cheerfully gave me my permit.

I am relieved that I finally have my renewal, but it concerns me that the chief law enforcement agency in the county is not following PA law. If they have no concern for the rights and priveleges of law-abiding citizens, there's no telling what's next.
Pennsylvania Glockers #45
NRA Life / LEAA Life / GSSF

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
FortyCaliber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 01:55   #24
FortyCaliber
10millimember

And with regard to checking references, that was a travesty as well.

The deputy calls me up and complains that I didn't put my supervisor's phone number on the application, yet the application does not ask for the supervisor's name or number.

He also complains that he has not been able to get a hold of any of my references for two days and that he needs to talk to them immediately. (Each reference had at least one land line and one cell phone number on the application. I only put references that had good access and availablilty to a phone 24 hours a day, at both work and home.)

He also complained that one reference's mailbox was full and that he kept getting disconnected, yet when I returned the deputy's call HIS MAILBOX WAS FULL AND I GOT DISCONNECTED! When I pointed this out he was dumbfounded and mumbled that it was better when there were people that would answer the phone.

Anyway, I call both of my references immediately and got a hold of both of them. Either I was just really, really lucky or the abilty to read and use a phone is not required to work in the sheriff's office.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 12-17-2006, 22:22   #25
plow78

Quote:
Originally posted by FortyCaliber
I am relieved that I finally have my renewal, but it concerns me that the chief law enforcement agency in the county is not following PA law. If they have no concern for the rights and priveleges of law-abiding citizens, there's no telling what's next.

NOT... They claim to be, but how is that possible when the only powers of arrest are on court warrants????They do not and can not arrest if they see a crime, discover a crime etc.
Old 12-18-2006, 00:43   #26
jack76590

Sheriffs hold an elective office. Often turn out for sheriff's elections are small. Gun clubs often have newsletters and there are State Associations.
jack76590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 14:55   #27
FortyCaliber
10millimember

Quote:
Originally posted by plow78

NOT... They claim to be, but how is that possible when the only powers of arrest are on court warrants????They do not and can not arrest if they see a crime, discover a crime etc.
They claim they do have full powers to enforce the law and make arrests (if they are Act 120 certified).

At least I think I've figured out why they wear those very attractive brown uniforms...the uniforms are the same color as molasses, the speed at which they move with regard to investigating LTC applicants.

Old 01-01-2007, 14:59   #28
Knellysford
CLM Number 21
CLM # 21

Permit Renewal

Perhaps we (I) in Adams County are luckey. My renewal notice came 11 Dec and the permit arrived 28 Dec. Both by snail mail.

Good start for the new year. May you all have a good one.
Knellysford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 15:43   #29
plow78

http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=626469

Old 01-06-2007, 20:57   #30
FortyCaliber
10millimember

Quote:
http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=626469

That really chopped the sheriff's deputies off at the knees. They should have plenty of time to issue gun permits now.

Old 01-07-2007, 17:57   #31
plow78

Quote:
That really chopped the sheriff's deputies off at the knees. They should have plenty of time to issue gun permits now.
I am not really thrying to bad mouth the Delco Sheriffs, but this will not change what they do b/c they do not do the things in that ruling. They are very under staffed, they do the best the can with what they have. As previously stated they do courtroom security, prisoner transport, court warrants, serve civil papers etc.
Old 01-08-2007, 21:14   #32
FortyCaliber
10millimember

Quote:
... but this will not change what they do b/c they do not do the things in that ruling.
That was tongue-in-cheek. Perhaps my lack of smilies indicated a false level of seriousness. Haha, let me try again so I am not misinterpreted!

That really chopped the sheriff's deputies off at the knees.They should have plenty of time to issue gun permits now.

Old 01-31-2007, 15:50   #33
SUE ROVR
SUE is a VERB

They got mine in EXACTLY 45 days.

Probably had something to do with "law" written all over my application.
Old 02-09-2007, 22:50   #34
G10mm

Quote:
Tomorrow will be 70 consecutive days and 50 "business" days since I applied for my renewal.

I am and getting .
This is BS If there is nothing in your backround holding this up you should have it by now. call and see what they say . If you are not happy with what say . GO to this web site and look under silver sponcers
http://www.psashootout..com/
G10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 13:03   #35
87vert

Send a message via AIM to 87vert
I was figuring I would have to wait over a month when I applied for mine in washington, but I had it in my hands in 10mins
87vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 18:48   #36
SGT67

I just renewed mine in Lackawanna county. I havent received a renewal notice this year or last renewal so when I saw my expiration coming up this month I just go up there in person. there were like 3 people ahead of me. I was out of there in like 45 minutes with new licence in hand.
PA Glocker #168
Big Dawgs #1451
Kalashnikov#1451
Black Rifle #1451
21 Club #1451

Last edited by SGT67; 02-17-2007 at 18:14..
SGT67 is offline   Reply With Quote