Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-24-2006, 14:07   #1
dickdaney

Anyone know a store in the Triad with a good sellection of used glocks

I fiugured this forum would be a great place to post. I'm looking for a good price used G36 in the triad area of NC. Anyone know of any good guns shops / pawn shops that may have one?
dickdaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 20:00   #2
G23/40
GOING HOT!!

The Gun Rack in Kernersville usually has a good selection of new and used.
Give them a call.
Later.
G23/40
Carolina Glocker#23
Black Rifle Club#2340
G23/40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 22:00   #3
kevdog91

The Gun Rack.......

I went to the Gun Rack in Kernersville the other day based on a previous post. I had a significant amount of money to spend, but no one there wanted it. I was in the store for around 20 minutes, and not once did the owner/employee acknowledge my prescence. I'm not trying to bash them, but if I'm gonna spend several hundred dollars at a store I would like it if you would at least act like you care about customer service. After looking at the selection of glocks, I mentioned to a man (behind the counter) that seemed to have a stool surgically attached to his *****, that this was my first time in the Gun Rack, and that I heard about him through Glock Talk. I asked him a couple of questions about the models that he had, only to get short answers that made me realize that he could care less if I was there or not. I don't mean to rant, but what has happened to customer service.
kevdog91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 14:55   #4
Nelybarg
NC Glocker 30

try arringtons. they do police trade ins frequently. my dept dumped around 50 used g22's with them several months ago.

i've never shopped there so i dont know what their CS is like.
Nelybarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 10:28   #5
Strider47
Captain Chaos

If you weren't happy with the service at The Gun Rack, you're in for a treat at Arrington's.

Go back the The Gun Rack and ask for Bill (the owner). He's usually pretty busy filling out 4473's.
Strider47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 17:11   #6
Hantra
Keeps It Real

Quote:
Originally posted by Strider47
If you weren't happy with the service at The Gun Rack, you're in for a treat at Arrington's.

You're right about that.

There's a used G36 at Gander Mountain Greensboro, but they'll bust your butt in it. Price wise, you could do better at Duncan Gun in North Wilkesboro. That's where I've been buying all my Glocks since Arrington went to hell.
Old 01-03-2007, 16:27   #7
Gbuilder

PDHSC normally has a pretty good selection, they are off tryon rd in garner
Gbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 16:33   #8
Strider47
Captain Chaos

Odd as this may seem, try Blades by Brown Cutlery in Clemmons. Phil Lily has a small gun store (can't think of the name) in there and is a CMMG dealer/armorer. If he doesn't have what you want I'm sure he can get it easily. He mentioned he had some handguns in stock.
Strider47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 21:14   #9
BigKen
Root Dr

Davi's in Raleigh sales their old range guns when they replace them with new ones. Most of the Glocks I looked at the last time I was there were in pretty good shape.

~BK~
Old 01-14-2007, 06:47   #10
CCW007

Re: The Gun Rack.......

Quote:
Originally posted by kevdog91
I went to the Gun Rack in Kernersville the other day based on a previous post. I had a significant amount of money to spend, but no one there wanted it. I was in the store for around 20 minutes, and not once did the owner/employee acknowledge my prescence. I'm not trying to bash them, but if I'm gonna spend several hundred dollars at a store I would like it if you would at least act like you care about customer service. After looking at the selection of glocks, I mentioned to a man (behind the counter) that seemed to have a stool surgically attached to his *****, that this was my first time in the Gun Rack, and that I heard about him through Glock Talk. I asked him a couple of questions about the models that he had, only to get short answers that made me realize that he could care less if I was there or not. I don't mean to rant, but what has happened to customer service.
It is not just you. I have seen them act like this too normally on Saturdays and I think it has to be due to the number of people that they deal with on Saturday. I know it is not an excuse, but they are not always like this. Some days you go in there and they are the friendliest bunch of guys and attentive to customers. Others days they will not speak hardly. I am not sure why they are like this, but my wife has noticed it and does not like going there for this reason. They do have some of the best prices around though.

Somewhere else you may check is Greensboro Gun Works, near the airport. I was there yesterday and the only Glock he had was a 26 or 27. All Brian does is consignments so he stuff changes all of the time. Sometimes you can get really good deals there. If you give him your name and number he will call you if one comes in.
Big Dawg #1411
CCW007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 05:16   #11
Sapperstang
Paratrooper

Quote:
Originally posted by BigKen
Davi's in Raleigh sales their old range guns when they replace them with new ones. Most of the Glocks I looked at the last time I was there were in pretty good shape.

~BK~
Davi's has a nice selection but they are way overpriced on everything.
Sapperstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 06:58   #12
BigKen
Root Dr

Quote:
Originally posted by Sapperstang
Davi's has a nice selection but they are way overpriced on everything.
I didn't say they have great prices. I said you can find a good deal on their used rental suns when they swap them out. The thread starter asked about used Glocks.

~BK~
Old 01-18-2007, 11:55   #13
dbracin

Brian's in Haw River has a good selection of Glocks.
dbracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 18:47   #14
BigKen
Root Dr

Quote:
Originally posted by dbracin
Brian's in Haw River has a good selection of Glocks.
Haw River? That's my old hometown! Didn't know they had a gunshop now!!! Cool!

~BK~
Old 01-19-2007, 13:09   #15
dbracin

Quote:
Originally posted by BigKen
Haw River? That's my old hometown! Didn't know they had a gunshop now!!! Cool!

~BK~
I lived about 1/4 mile from where Brian's shop is.
Wow, small world... lol
dbracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 14:11   #16
BigKen
Root Dr

Quote:
Originally posted by dbracin
I lived about 1/4 mile from where Brian's shop is.
Wow, small world... lol
My step-mother owns a catering bussiness in Haw River. It's right beside the old drugstore.

~BK~
Old 01-19-2007, 18:02   #17
G26man
OBEY ME!

There is a police supply place near PDHSC. If you come out of PDHSC take a right and then the second right. Its down the road on the left. They always have police trade ins. Not always Glocks, but usually there are some. I've got a G23 on layaway there.

Update: The name of the place is Lawman's Police Supply.
The combustion of fuel being necessary for heating and cooking in the home, the right of the people to keep fire extinguishers shall not be infringed. - Alternate structural interpretation of the 2A (to protect the people from the state militia).

Last edited by G26man; 01-21-2007 at 22:04..
G26man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 21:58   #18
riddleofsteel
Pulpa est valeo

Send a message via Yahoo to riddleofsteel
Go to Arrington's and you can buy the used G36 I traded in over a year ago. It is still in the showcase with two or three others. It will teach you to clear jams in very short order.

They all hold swords, being expert in war: every man hath his sword upon his thigh because of fear in the night.
Song of Solomon 3:8

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun."
riddleofsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 14:11   #19
hawgrider

Not only is Davi's overpriced but they have bad attitudes to boot. Like how dare you ask to see something and bother me.And you don't even have to pay extra for that.
hawgrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 15:08   #20
BigKen
Root Dr

Quote:
Originally posted by hawgrider
Not only is Davi's overpriced but they have bad attitudes to boot. Like how dare you ask to see something and bother me.And you don't even have to pay extra for that.
I think it depends on who is working. Most of the guys there are pretty nice, IMO. The range officer is real cool and if they are not real busy, will let you keep shooting after your paid time is up. At least he does for me. They are overpriced on most of their stuff and don't even ask about a trade in. They offered me a $200 credit for a Sig P239 that was like new in the box with all paperwork. I kindly told them to kiss my a@@ and traded it even for a new G23. Overall though, it's not too bad a place. It does suck that you have to wait 3 seconds between shots on the range. PDHSC on Tryon Rd let's you shoot as fast as you want, but they are further away and usually packed. Lately, I have been going to my buddy's place down the road and letting fly!!

~BK~