GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2014, 20:20   #1
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 47,195
Blog Entries: 1


57 police officers fatally shot by ‘unarmed’ suspects since 2000

57 POLICE OFFICERS FATALLY SHOT BY ‘UNARMED’ SUSPECTS SINCE 2000


http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-C...armed-Suspects
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 20:22   #2
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: North of Seattle, South of Canada
Posts: 11,720


You won't see that in the MSM.
__________________
Neo-pagan, FORMER Libertarian, Cop, Gun Owner, Jewish Heritage - I'm the small talk at parties!

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

One day closer to retirement . . .
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 20:33   #3
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership
Senior Member
 
Sam Spade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 21,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris View Post
You won't see that in the MSM.
Or GNG...
__________________
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Sam Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 20:37   #4
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 47,195
Blog Entries: 1


... or CATO, or Balko.
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 20:57   #5
Patchman
Florist
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Land of Flora, Fauna & Merriweather
Posts: 13,477
It doesn't fit their narrative.
__________________
Although many good citizens own and carry guns, keeping communities safe still fall on those who carry badges.

In a gunfight, even if you do everything right, you can still get killed.
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 21:52   #6
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 45,556
Blog Entries: 64
The links within the article are good, too. But, then who follows leads to more information anymore?
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 12:56   #7
glock collector
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 161
can we put this on a billboard in ferge?
glock collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 13:26   #8
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA
 
RWBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 29,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by glock collector View Post
can we put this on a billboard in ferge?
Wouldn't do any good.

But it may be worthwhile to send it to holder and you congress critter.
__________________
One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
RWBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 13:47   #9
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA
 
RWBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 29,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
57 POLICE OFFICERS FATALLY SHOT BY ‘UNARMED’ SUSPECTS SINCE 2000
BTW, Your statement makes no sense. You can not be shot by someone who is unarmed the same way you can not be run by a vehicle when there is no vehicle involved.
__________________
One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
RWBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 14:23   #10
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 47,195
Blog Entries: 1


Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBlue View Post
BTW, Your statement makes no sense. You can not be shot by someone who is unarmed the same way you can not be run by a vehicle when there is no vehicle involved.
Those suspects had no firearm of their own (unarmed at initial contact).
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 15:04   #11
DustyJacket
Directiv 10-289
 
DustyJacket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Missouri, East of KC
Posts: 6,231
Or, if you click on the link, the first paragraph says:

The recurrent expression of outrage by critics and the mainstream media about the use of deadly force by police officers against unarmed individuals fails to recognize that since 2000 at least 57 suspects have taken officers’ weapons and murdered the police officer with it.
__________________
"...our quick technology allows use to indulge our deepest stupidity and tastelessness with out first thinking...."
DustyJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 15:07   #12
Kilrain
Señor Member
 
Kilrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: On the road to Shambala
Posts: 2,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBlue View Post
BTW, Your statement makes no sense. You can not be shot by someone who is unarmed the same way you can not be run by a vehicle when there is no vehicle involved.
That wasn't TBO's statement, it was the title of the article. Additionally, it is factually correct and makes perfect sense.
__________________
The hog of the forsaken,

He is the pork of crime

- Michael Hurley
Kilrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 17:13   #13
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA
 
RWBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 29,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrain View Post
That wasn't TBO's statement, it was the title of the article. Additionally, it is factually correct and makes perfect sense.
Although I read the article and understand what it means, I disagree that the statement is factual. Logically the statement does work.

You can not get shot by an unarmed person. The person may not be armed the second before the shot was fired, but the person doing the shooting was armed at the time the shot was fired.
__________________
One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
RWBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 17:33   #14
CAcop
Senior Member
 
CAcop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: California
Posts: 22,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBlue View Post
Although I read the article and understand what it means, I disagree that the statement is factual. Logically the statement does work.

You can not get shot by an unarmed person. The person may not be armed the second before the shot was fired, but the person doing the shooting was armed at the time the shot was fired.
Go away.
__________________
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 18:16   #15
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA
 
RWBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 29,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
Go away.
No......
__________________
One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
RWBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 18:34   #16
mattallamerican
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by glock collector View Post
can we put this on a billboard in ferge?
do you think that they can read
mattallamerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 18:35   #17
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA
 
janice6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: minnesota
Posts: 20,719


This will be totally ignored and treated as though it didn't even exist. It doesn't fit the agenda.
__________________
janice6

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 18:51   #18
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 45,556
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by janice6 View Post
This will be totally ignored and treated as though it didn't even exist. It doesn't fit the agenda.
Considering the number of responses here in this thread, "Yup!"
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921

Last edited by RussP; 12-04-2014 at 18:51..
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 19:06   #19
Kilrain
Señor Member
 
Kilrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: On the road to Shambala
Posts: 2,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBlue View Post
Although I read the article and understand what it means, I disagree that the statement is factual. Logically the statement does work.

You can not get shot by an unarmed person. The person may not be armed the second before the shot was fired, but the person doing the shooting was armed at the time the shot was fired.
First, I'd like to thank you for "acknowledging" that you were incorrect and that what you were addressing wasn't a statement by TBO but the title of the article.

Secondly, apparently you missed the single quotation marks around the word unarmed in the title. Those quoatation marks are called scare quotes which are used to express irony among other things or they "may also represent a rhetorical attempt to frame a discussion in the writer's desired (non-standard) terms." The reason that single quotes were used instead of double quotes is that it was in a title.

So if you understand English, the statement is accurate and factually correct.

And with that, I'm done with my part of derailing this thread.
__________________
The hog of the forsaken,

He is the pork of crime

- Michael Hurley
Kilrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 22:01   #20
CAcop
Senior Member
 
CAcop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: California
Posts: 22,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBlue View Post
No......
Ok. I guess you enjoy being intentionally stupid.
__________________
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:00.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 609
132 Members
477 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31