GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-03-2006, 20:15   #1
marchboom

Individual Mobilization Augmentee Program (IMA)

I am looking into the IMA program and was wondering if anyone had any details about it. Our unit got BRAC'd last year and I need to find something to go to.

Thanks
The obama administration and the democrat party...the ultimate in domestic corruption and dedicated to the destruction of the United States.
marchboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 17:03   #2
najaboy

Hi John,
You're going to need to check with your in-service Reserve recruiter. He or she will be able to help you out regarding an IMA position better than any of us could. If your base isn't serviced by an in-service recruiter, you'll need to get ahold of the local Reserve recruiter. The reason I say this is that IMA slots are a finite resource, and they will be able to tell you what, if any, slots are available to you.

I can tell you that the IMA program seems to be a hot commodity right now due to both the BRAC and the overall "reshaping" of the Air Force. In the meantime, you may want to check out both the AFRC and ARPC webpages, even though they contain a very limited amount of info about the IMA program.

Sorry I couldn't help you out more on this one.
najaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 18:10   #3
Stuka_Pirate

I've been part of the IMA program for almost a year now and it's a great deal. If you live outside the local area from the base you'll be stationed at you get per diem, BAH, base pay, and whatever bonuses your last unit promised you. I was assigned to Security Forces and really like it.

It's regular old active duty and you'll be absorbed into it just like you're one of the team.
Stuka_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 21:56   #4
js1221

I have been in the IMA program for nearly 12 years, it is a great program but is facing some very serious cuts due to PBD720 (the current AF reshaping program). I managed the PACAF SF IMAs while I was TDY at Hickam so let me know if you have any specific questions.
js1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 23:20   #5
Stuka_Pirate

Could you elaborate on that bill and what impact it's going to have on the program?
Stuka_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 13:16   #6
js1221

Sure. PBD720 is the current AF reshaping plan; a plan that reduces reduces active duty forces by nearly 40,000 airmen by FY11. Included in that plan is a transfer of current Cat B IMA positions to Cat E positions. The major difference between Cat B and Cat E is funding; Cat B are funded positions, Cat E are not. A Cat B IMA is paid for two weeks of annual training (AT), in addition to their 2+ weeks of inactive duty training (IDTs). They receive travel pay to get to their duty station plus lodging while there. Cat E IMAs have a 35 day training requirement each year but there are no funds to support it. The IMA must find an active duty tour (mandays)to complete those requirements, and there is normally no travel or lodging included since mandays are normally unit funded. In addition, under current regulations an IMA can only remain in a Cat E position for 2 or 3 years (I forget the exact number), after that they must either be moved into a Cat B position (if availible), move to a new assignment or get out of the program. I know the MAJCOMS had to identify 60-75 percent of their current Cat B IMA positions for unfunding. Things are not looking good for the IMA program.

Last edited by js1221; 12-29-2006 at 13:19..
js1221 is offline   Reply With Quote