Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-10-2007, 09:00   #1
Buckaroo

What to do around Twin Cities 4/14?

I will be around the TC this weekend and need something (preferably firearm related) to keep me busy while my daughter is at a conference.

Any Ideas? I am willing to drive a bit for a good option...
Old 04-11-2007, 01:17   #2
mnglocker
Rope Czar

Send a message via AIM to mnglocker

Jason Lewis Tax Cut Coalition Rally at the steps of the state capitol. You get to see a bunch of over taxed Minnesotans with pitch forks open carrying.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:43   #3
norris7430
GUNAHOLIC

go to bills gun shop and range in robbinsdale ,mn
H&K P7M8 ,Glock 27 ,Glock 19,Sig 229r equinox .40,Kahr PM9,Kel-Tec P3AT,Kimber Aegis,DPMS Agency ar15 ,niner's club# 1974,mn glockers club #001,black rifle club #0101
norris7430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:16   #4
Buckaroo

Thanks for the suggestions! I will try to find Bills although I am a little concerned about going to a first rate gun shop when I am out of town... It might not be a good thing...
Old 04-13-2007, 10:25   #5
onebohemian

A sporting goods store called Trails End, which used to be (still is?) affiliated with Bass Pro Shops, is having its annual "garage sale" this weekend. They have a lot of fishing stuff, but also an assortment of rifles commonly stocked. I think they accept used items from people and then sell them in the back room, which is why they call this their "garage sale." The owner typically has a couple of tables of handguns for sale at this event. It's the only time he sells handguns. Prices are usually typical gun show type prices -- not too good but not too bad either. Neither the store nor its selection of gun items is huge, but I still try to swing through there at least once a year. Location is in Fridley, on Central Avenue (Hwy 65) and about 79th, just north of the Friendly Fridley Chevrolet dealer. (This is all located about 3 miles north of I-694, on Hwy 65.) The sale runs Friday through Sunday. Depending on where your kid's conference is, this may be worth your time. (If you like motorcycles, etc., there's a Hitching Post just behind the Trails End where you could burn up some time as well.) Bill's North in Circle Pines is on the north side of the cities (about ten miles NW of Fridley) so if you're spending your time on the north side, you'd be in the general area.

By the way, if you're going to be on the southwest side of town, I've heard stopping by that newly opened Gander Mountain might be worth the trip. Their prices are typical GM, but the place is so huge that it's worth it just to bum around the store.