Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:26   #41
speedracer815
NRA - ISRA

I thought Tank's house was outside of the "no gun zone". Isn't it in or near Gurnee. As far as I know, his offense was no FOID.

Outside of the immediate Chicago area we just have to deal with Illinois laws, draconian as they may be.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:37   #42
budawg

Send a message via AIM to budawg
That's a good point...I forgot he lived outside of Chicago. I should also mention to assume that we're talking about a FOID card holder. You can at least look at the man in Wilmette...he didn't even have a FOID and still was only given a fine. I guess what I'm asking is, would it be the same in Chicago?
budawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 13:47   #43
Thiokol

He's been arrested a few times and was convicted of a felony prior to his last arrest for firearms possession. Being that he is a convicted felon, it's illegal for him to own any firearms.

Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer815
I thought Tank's house was outside of the "no gun zone". Isn't it in or near Gurnee. As far as I know, his offense was no FOID.

Outside of the immediate Chicago area we just have to deal with Illinois laws, draconian as they may be.
Thiokol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 15:48   #44
PanchoVilla

Tank is in jail, should be coming out soon. Unfortunately IL law protects the criminals more than you and I. If someone happens to be in your house intruding, you have no right to harm him. He could be watching TV in your house sitting next to your daughter, and you cant do jack shi*! Now if suddenly he happens to have your kitchen knife in his hand and is attempting to harm someone or you, its showtime!

Illinois protects the criminals so much, they get away with murder. If someone breaks into your house and punches you and you detain him by punching his lights out, the cops will congratulate you but the criminals lawyer will probably have a lawsuit on you. The criminal will then get your house, car, and maybe wife.
PanchoVilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 16:32   #45
budawg

I don't believe that for a second...if someone intrudes into your house, how could anyone possibly hold you at fault. I mean, what the hell kind of people would have to be in a jury that convicts someone in that situation!?!??!

Also, check this out...my lawyer friend said this is current Chicago ordinance...
Old 05-02-2007, 21:44   #46
JayAK

Quote:
Originally posted by TattooedGlock
I HATE CHICAGO AND ILLINOIS! THE LAST COMMUNIST STATE IN THE UNION! I WISH IT WOULD FALL OFF THE FACE OF THE COUNTRY!

I'M A COP IN TEXAS AND I'M FROM CHICAGO!!! I HAVE FAMILY IN CHICAGO!!! I MAY HAVE TO MOVE TO SOUTHERN ILLINOIS DUE TO MY MILITARY WIFE AND I AM DREADING IT!!!

I HAVE TONS OF GUNS AND NO RECEIPTS OR PAPERWORK FOR ANY OF THEM! I DO NOT PLAN TO BE A COP IN ILLINOIS, AS I HAVE NO DESIRE TO PROTECT AND DEFEND ANYONE IN A STATE THAT DOES NOT EVEN ALLOW ITS CITIZENS THE PROTECTION OF THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION!!!

I GUESS WHEN I SHOW UP WITH ALL MY GUNS AND I TAKE A FEW MONTHS TO GET SETTLED AND MAYBE CHANGE MY LICENSE (ONLY IF I HAVE TO), THEN I'LL GET A STUPID FOID CARD. CAUSE YOU KNOW ALL THE GARBAGE THAT LIVES IN EAST ST. LOUIS HAS FOID CARDS AND FOLLOWS THE LAW AND NEVER, EVER COMMITS ANY CRIMES.

F.U. ILLIOIS!!!

OK. NOW I FEEL BETTER.

Dude, I live in Southern IL...its not as bad down here as up north....I personally am trying to get over into MO so I can have a few more rights.....if you are far enough south u should consider living in western KY they are like a little TX...

JAyAK
Rimfire Club Member # 1980.....Smith & Wesson Club #1980
Sig Sauer Club Member # 1980
NRA Life Member & I.S.R.A
JayAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 00:35   #47
budawg

did anyone look at that image I posted? check it out...what are your thoughts on it?
Old 05-03-2007, 07:15   #48
speedracer815
NRA - ISRA

Quote:
Originally posted by budawg
did anyone look at that image I posted? check it out...what are your thoughts on it?
Old news. Chicago keeps taking steps towards a total firearms ban, although the recent ruling on DC might give them pause for thought.
Old 05-10-2007, 15:10   #49
budawg

so is it true? can you legally own a handgun in your home in Chicago if you're part of a shooting club?

Also, all of illinois let's you own a handgun in your home, but in regards to any municipalities that ban guns, you'd only be subject to their laws and repercussions, not anything from the state, right?
Old 05-10-2007, 17:49   #50
isp2605

Quote:
so is it true? can you legally own a handgun in your home in Chicago if you're part of a shooting club?
Check the ordinances for Chicago at:
http://www.isp.state.il.us/foid/ordinances.cfm
Quote:

Also, all of illinois let's you own a handgun in your home, but in regards to any municipalities that ban guns, you'd only be subject to their laws and repercussions, not anything from the state, right?
The only state restriction to owning any firearm is the owner must possess a valid FOID card. If a municipality passes a more restrictive ordinance then any violation of that ordinance is a municipal matter, not state.
Old 05-10-2007, 20:00   #51
crimsonice5656

Glockers especially Pancho,

Can you live in Chicago and own a pistol/AW but keep the weapon at a friend/parents house who has a valid foid?

I might be moving to Chicago here and am trying to figure out what to do....
crimsonice5656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:55   #52
speedracer815
NRA - ISRA

And THAT my friends is why I will never vote for my town to get "home rule".