Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-22-2006, 04:57   #1
gr81disp
Bushbot v1.0

Send a message via AIM to gr81disp
What Happened!!!

I take a couple of months off and come back to find that NOBODY has a single UFC thread up. Well, for those of you who wish to know:

1. The biggest UFC event of the year is 12/30/06

"The Huntington Beach Bad Boy"
Tito Ortiz

rematches

"The Iceman"
Chuck Liddell

For the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship.

2. UFC just bought out the WFA and with that bought the contracts to
Olympic silver medalist Matt Lindland
Ryota Machida
"The Texas Crazy Horse" Heath Herring (The guy who punched out his oppoonent for kissing him)
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (the last unavenged loss on Chuck Liddell's record)

3. Expect the announcement at UFC 66 of a HUGE acquisition for their HW division.

There we go, that's now in order.

If liberals interpreted the Second Amendment the way they interpret the rest of the Bill of Rights, there would be law professors arguing that gun ownership is mandatory.
gr81disp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 18:00   #2
BlackBelt

I'm looking forward to the fights.
I think that Lidell will best Ortiz, but, hey, you never know. Chucks one tough guy, and so is Tito...
BlackBelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 18:35   #3
Mr. Tettnanger

I think Liddell will pull it off, IF Tito doesn't get him to the ground. Both are very decent fighters. Should be a good match. Hope someone posts the winner.

Mr. Tettnanger
Mr. Tettnanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 12:02   #4
Bowtie
NRA MEMBER

Man that was a B.S Call lastnight.Mario yamasaki needs to find a new line of work.Was a good fight but no reason to stop it because Chucks punches where hitting Tito in the arm. B.S! Anyone else see the fight?

If You Always Do What You've Always Done,
You'll Always Get What You've Always Got.

Last edited by Bowtie; 12-31-2006 at 12:05..
Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 00:29   #5
gr81disp
Bushbot v1.0

You're right, it should have been called in the first when Liddell was pounding his skull in. The point wasn't that it was hitting Tito's arm, it was the fact that he was not intelligently defending himself. Curling up into the fetal position, no matter how little damage you take, is not intelligently defending yourself.

I thought the big surprise was Griffin/Jardine. Griffin was picking him apart on the feet then WHAM a solid uppercut followed by a hook ended Griffin's night.

If liberals interpreted the Second Amendment the way they interpret the rest of the Bill of Rights, there would be law professors arguing that gun ownership is mandatory.
Old 01-01-2007, 00:49   #6
gr81disp
Bushbot v1.0

Besides the most exciting announcements was their acquisition of Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson. The sound is messed up in the Rampage clip, but I don't think it really needs sound to get its point across. You may want to turn it down as it is really annoying though.

Old 01-01-2007, 11:50   #7
Bowtie
NRA MEMBER

I disagree.It was a title fight with alot on the line.Tito wasnt hurt.Everyone cried when they stopped the Tito vs Ken fight for the stoppage when Ken wasnt even covering up taking elbow after elbow to the face.Dont get me wrong.I like chuck and give him alot of credit but the call was BS. I agree with Cro Cop and Rampage coming in is going to make things very interesting..

Quote:
Originally posted by gr81disp

You're right, it should have been called in the first when Liddell was pounding his skull in. The point wasn't that it was hitting Tito's arm, it was the fact that he was not intelligently defending himself. Curling up into the fetal position, no matter how little damage you take, is not intelligently defending yourself.

I thought the big surprise was Griffin/Jardine. Griffin was picking him apart on the feet then WHAM a solid uppercut followed by a hook ended Griffin's night.

Old 01-05-2007, 04:09   #8
Skpotamus

Send a message via AIM to Skpotamus
Tito got flattened, then was getting pounded and all he could do was put his hands over his face and pretend it wasn't happening. He wasn't trying to improve his position, wasn't trying to escape, or tie up Chuck's arms. The rest of the round would have been Liddell pounding Ortiz until his brains came out of his ears. It could've gone longer, but why? Nothing would have changed. Tito was still on queer street and just hiding behind his hands.

Crocop will have the UFC strap within a year. Probably within his first three fights. The only way I see him losing his belt is through his retirement, or if they buy out Fedor or Nogueira's contracts.

Rampage vs Liddell I wanna see. I'm curious if Rampage will be able to stop Chuck again.

Now,t he matchups I really wanna see involve Vanderlei coming to the UFC. I'd like to see a fight with him and Liddell as well as a rematch with Ortiz.
Skpotamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 14:42   #9
Halojumper

Send a message via AIM to Halojumper Send a message via Yahoo to Halojumper
I was really happy to see monkey boy (Chris Leben) get put to sleep.
Halojumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 19:58   #10
Bowtie
NRA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally posted by Skpotamus
Tito got flattened, then was getting pounded and all he could do was put his hands over his face and pretend it wasn't happening. He wasn't trying to improve his position, wasn't trying to escape, or tie up Chuck's arms. The rest of the round would have been Liddell pounding Ortiz until his brains came out of his ears. It could've gone longer, but why? Nothing would have changed. Tito was still on queer street and just hiding behind his hands.

Dont ya just love when people over do it..Out of all Chucks fights He sure didnt win this one by Knock out.He's never knocked Tito out and never will.He sure as hell Didnt flatten him.He did put his hands over his face and cover up but i'm sure you would have left you face open and took it like a man Huh? Chuck was landing some bombs...To his arms.Tito had no signs of being hurt when it was called.Earlier in the fight he did have Tito wobbled but not when it was called.

Old 01-08-2007, 20:42   #11
Halojumper

Quote:
Originally posted by Bowtie
Dont ya just love when people over do it..Out of all Chucks fights He sure didnt win this one by Knock out.He's never knocked Tito out and never will.
Look at his stats. I bet they'll show that he knocked him out.
Old 01-08-2007, 21:19   #12
Bowtie
NRA MEMBER

A TKO is not KNOCKED out..

Old 01-08-2007, 21:39   #13
Halojumper

Quote:
A TKO is not KNOCKED out..
Perhaps not medically, but according to fight rules it is. Like I said, look at the stats and I bet they will show that he won the fight by a knock out.
Old 01-08-2007, 22:20   #14
FortyCaliber
10millimember

Quote:
Originally posted by Halojumper
I was really happy to see monkey boy (Chris Leben) get put to sleep.
I am sorry I missed that!
Pennsylvania Glockers #45
NRA Life / LEAA Life / GSSF

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
FortyCaliber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 14:41   #15
Skpotamus

Send a message via AIM to Skpotamus
Quote:
Dont ya just love when people over do it..Out of all Chucks fights He sure didnt win this one by Knock out.He's never knocked Tito out and never will.He sure as hell Didnt flatten him.He did put his hands over his face and cover up but i'm sure you would have left you face open and took it like a man Huh? Chuck was landing some bombs...To his arms.Tito had no signs of being hurt when it was called.Earlier in the fight he did have Tito wobbled but not when it was called.
Overdoing it? I never said he knocked him out. I said he knocked tito down and then was pounding on a Tito who was hiding behind his hands waiting for a stoppage. That counts as a TKO. If the fight had continued Tito would have stayed in the smae position and taken a lot more punishment while doing nothing to improve his position or intelligently defending himself.

Watch their first fight again, Chuck unloaded on Tito and knocked him down, then was stopped by BJM. Tito stayed down for a minute or so, then got up. Should the ref have let that one go so Tito gets completely beaten into a coma? Would that satisfy your definition of KO?

BTW, in boxing as well as MMA, a TKO counts as a knock out. TKO stands for Technical Knock Out. It means that the fight was stopped before one of the fighters was severely hurt, but after they were put into a position where they could not defend themselves and a severe injury is likely.

Your definiton of KO is not the same as in boxing or kickboxing either btw, from ( http://www.ikfkickboxing.com/KOTKOSuspensions.htm ):

" KNOCKOUT:
When one fighter knocks his or her opponent to the ring floor and the opponent is OUT COLD by the count of 10
"OR" the downed fighter is counted out (Referee counts to "10") by the referee without standing to his/her feet."

"TECHNICAL KNOCKOUT
A TKO or TECHNICAL KNOCKOUT is when a fighter is stopped from fighting by the bout referee or the bout medical doctor without being counted out to "*10". A fighter can be stopped from fighting for many reasons. Some of them include he has taking too many blows, too tired to continue, knocked down 3 times in one round, but can still stand or is not "Counted" Out. This is a fighter who is obviously hurt or unable to continue and the referee, for the safety of the fighter determines the fighter either could not or should not continue any longer.
(*) The exception to this may be a fighter that was knocked out cold and the referee choose not to count since the fighter was out cold and instead, summend the medical personal to the ring."

I have fought in MMA matches before, have you? When I was in a similar position, I was fighting to get out of it. My situation was off a takedown though, and not the result of getting punched there. I was still awake and defending myself from the punches coming at me. Tito wasn't, he was ready for the fight to be over.

Sorry for your fan club, but Tito lost, deal with it without name calling.
Skpotamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 20:20   #16
Bowtie
NRA MEMBER

First off I know the diff. between TKO and Knocked out.I never said it wasnt a TKO I said He didnt get knocked out.I also said Chuck has never been able to knock Tito out.I also gave Chuck alot of credit for a great fight.I never gave a definition of knock out either so no need to cut and paste.In my line of work I've been in more fights than I care to talk about but this isnt about internet MMA commando BS.It is about the fact that I dont think it should have been called do to it being a Title fight.I've seen alot of non title fights go alot further with alot more damage without being called over a few unanswered blows.As far as the Tito fan club comment,No fan club here just a spectater that didnt get his money worth on a pumped up fight that ended like that. Not sure what you meant by the name calling comment.I didnt see any..

Old 01-09-2007, 20:42   #17
Halojumper

Quote:
First off I know the diff. between TKO and Knocked out.I never said it wasnt a TKO I said He didnt get knocked out.I also said Chuck has never been able to knock Tito out.I also gave Chuck alot of credit for a great fight.I never gave a definition of knock out either so no need to cut and paste.
Whether you like to admit it or not, TITO WAS KNOCKED OUT. You can play around all you like with definitions, but the record will show TITO WAS KNOCKED OUT. Look at what a TKO is - technical KNOCK OUT. It doesn't say technical tap out or technical decision. It says technical KNOCK OUT. TITO WAS KNOCKED OUT. What part of that are you incapable of understanding? Look at the list of ways to win, from the UFC site. There is only one kind of knock out listed. Guess which it is.

Ways To Win:
1. Submission by:
Physical tap out.
Verbal tap out.
2. Technical knockout by the referee stopping the contest.
3. Decision via the scorecards, including:
Unanimous decision.
Split decision.
Majority decision.
Draw, including:
Unanimous draw.
Majority draw.
Split draw.
4. Technical decision.
5. Technical draw.
6. Disqualification.
7. Forfeit.
8. No contest

Quote:
Chuck has never been able to knock Tito out..
He did a pretty good job of it a couple of Saturdays ago.

Quote:
No fan club here just a spectater that didnt get his money worth on a pumped up fight that ended like that.
Dude, if you didn't get your money's worth out of that UFC and that fight specifically you better pick up some other spectator sport. That was one of the best ones yet

Last edited by Halojumper; 01-09-2007 at 20:45..
Old 01-09-2007, 21:06   #18
Bowtie
NRA MEMBER

Dude are you F(*&^ Brain dead? I know what a TKO is! I did not say he didnt win by TKO! I SAID HE DID NOT GET KNOCKED OUT AS IN LIGHTS OUT ! WHAT PART OF THAT IS SO HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND? If you dont know the defferance between a TKO And getting knocked out then maybe you should stick with the WWE..

Old 01-09-2007, 21:30   #19
Halojumper

Quote:
Dude are you F(*&^ Brain dead? I know what a TKO is! I did not say he didnt win by TKO! I SAID HE DID NOT GET KNOCKED OUT AS IN LIGHTS OUT ! WHAT PART OF THAT IS SO HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND? If you dont know the defferance between a TKO And getting knocked out then maybe you should stick with the WWE..
Maybe one of us has been KNOCKED OUT one too many times. You are correct, unlike you, Tito's lights were never out (pretty dim perhaps). No one ever said they were. By UFC rules and definition (if you want to have your own, maybe you should start your own - MFC might be good name - Moron Fight Club), Tito was knocked out. If you want to cling to your own personal definition then do that if it makes you feel better. Maybe you could post a list of all your own definitions so that we might be able to carry on an intelligent conversation with you. Never mind, I think we would be missing a participant in that exchange.
Old 01-09-2007, 21:36   #20
Halojumper

Quote:
If you dont know the defferance between a TKO And getting knocked out then maybe you should stick with the WWE..
I'm not familiar with WWE. Is that another one of your little definitions? Perhaps you could explain it to us.

« Tai Chi | Hey! »