SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-28-2006, 21:24   #1
Lynn D
Bullseye?

Where to post

In which forum should I post that I'm looking to buy 1911 grips....? I was thinking "misc gun" but haven't really seen anything like that there?

Thanks much.

Lynn
Old 12-29-2006, 00:51   #2
DJ Niner

If you're looking for sources for 1911 grips in general, I would think a post in the 1911 Club would get you the most responses. Something like a "Where have you bought 1911 grips", or "Who is your favorite on-line 1911 grip dealer" should be okay.

Now, if you're wanting to solicit private sellers, then Eric wants all buy/sell/trade posts to stay in the Want Ad forums, so you'd have to pick one. Maybe the Gun Parts & Accessories forum? It gets a good amount of traffic. You could try if there first, and if you didn't get much of a response, give it a week or two and then try another forum. You don't want identical threads running in different forums at the same time, though; violation of the GT rules. I'd have to sic Scott or Eddie or somebody on ya.

Hope this was helpful.

Last edited by DJ Niner; 12-29-2006 at 00:54..
DJ Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 20:09   #3
Lynn D
Bullseye?

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Niner
If you're looking for sources for 1911 grips in general, I would think a post in the 1911 Club would get you the most responses. Something like a "Where have you bought 1911 grips", or "Who is your favorite on-line 1911 grip dealer" should be okay.

Now, if you're wanting to solicit private sellers, then Eric wants all buy/sell/trade posts to stay in the Want Ad forums, so you'd have to pick one. Maybe the Gun Parts & Accessories forum? It gets a good amount of traffic. You could try if there first, and if you didn't get much of a response, give it a week or two and then try another forum. You don't want identical threads running in different forums at the same time, though; violation of the GT rules. I'd have to sic Scott or Eddie or somebody on ya.

Hope this was helpful.
Thanks for the tips, Deej. I happened to luck out the other day and find a manufacturer that makes what I was looking for. I was thinking of "Parts and Accessories" but wasn't sure if that was the right spot. Thanks for clearing that up for me!