Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-07-2007, 12:26   #1
Sceptre

Help on Austin local gun shops.

I'm still "feeling" my way around Austin, and was wondering if anyone knew of a good place to get a used gun. I'm looking for a HK USP Compact 9mm. I'm basically looking for a range gun, so cosmetic condition does not really matter too much. I'm working on a limited budget ($450-$500 max, tax included). Anyone know of any consignment stores, or ranges that may sell one for this price? Thanks again guys.
Sceptre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:36   #2
kdstrick

Go to McBrides. A family owned gun store... been in Austin for over 50 years. Tons of great used inventory and great prices. I have bought several guns from them. They will treat you right.
kdstrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 13:57   #3
Sceptre

thanks. Anyone else have good experiences somewhere?
Old 01-07-2007, 15:43   #4
jrr6602

Gunshops in Austin

Another vote for McBrides. I've only bought one pistol from them a few years ago when I was visiting Austin. I got a great deal on it. I would definitely recommmend them.
Old 01-07-2007, 15:50   #5
jtull7
Pistolero

I bought my first "real" gun from McBrides over 35 years ago. S & W Model 12 Airweight .38 Special. It is still one of my favorite handguns.

Every day I face Ogden, Utah, and pray that God might bless John Moses Browning.

Outpost Member #69 I collect and shoot many fine firearms. CCW: NM, CT, and NH. N5JHT. WFR. Former LEO. SAR. Bilateral trans-tibial amputee. Survivor of bubonic plague. Tough sum-*****.
jtull7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 21:10   #6
Sceptre

Thanks all. I'll head out there this week. Thanks all. Funny thing is I literally lived like a block from there when I was at UT for 4 years and never knew it was there.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:07   #7
Glenn E. Meyer

Go to the monthly Saxet Gunshow. 3rd Weekend.

www.krtraining.com has an Austin faq with ranges. Red's has two ranges and sells guns.

Dury's in San Antonio has a used gun inventory on line.
NTI, TSRA, NRA,IDPA Niner #2001 Black Rifle AR-101 Wheelie 442642 L'star 101 J Snub 432
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Being an Academic Shooter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Being an Active Shooter
Glenn E. Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 15:57   #8
Sceptre

Thanks All,

Went out to McBrides today. They have a lot of used guns. They actually had 2 USP Compacts, for $495 but they were in .40 and .45. So they did not have the 9mm I was looking for.
I'm definately going back there. They are a nice bunch of folks and their prices are a little better than Red's.

Thanks again.
Old 01-08-2007, 16:33   #9
Ruffshot

Go check out Heritage out at 183 and Anderson Mill rd. I have bought several guns there and always been happy with them. They used to stock quite a few H&K's. It isn't as big as McBrides though.
Ruffshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 07:00   #10
RENEA
Black Rifle guy

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruffshot
Go check out Heritage out at 183 and Anderson Mill rd. I have bought several guns there and always been happy with them. They used to stock quite a few H&K's. It isn't as big as McBrides though.
Also try out Sportsman's Warehouse in Round Rock. They have an fantastic selection with pretty decent prices!
H&K Fan Club #64
Walther Fan Club #38
SKS Carbiner's Club #1949
Kalashnikov Klub #1977
RENEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 00:11   #11
Texas Boy

Another +1 for Mcbrides. I got a NAA .22 magnum mini revolver for Christmas. I was about to order a pocket holster online for around $30. I was in the area so I stopped by Mcbrides on the off chance that they might have one. I couldnt find one so I headed to the counter to ask if they might have one somewhere. The guy thought for a minute and then reached under the shotgun rack and pulled out a used holster exactly like I was looking for. I asked him how much he wanted for it and he said "5 bucks"! Good deal
And shepherds we shall be, for Thee my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomime Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sanctis
Texas Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 14:45   #12
Sceptre

Thansk

Thanks guys. i can't wait till the weather is a little bit warmer so I can hit some outdoor ranges. Now I just need to find the 2 XD-9's I want (service and sub-compact) and I'll be all set . . . for the rest of this year. . .
Old 03-01-2007, 17:28   #13
ShipWreck
FN & HK Fanatic

I was in Austin this week for a couple of days - my Hotel was near "Red's" - wasn't impressed with the gunstore...
ShipWreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 19:59   #14
jimmy

Don't forget Tex-Guns on Manchaca Road. It's been South Austin's mom-and-pop gunshop for over 20 years. Small shop, but it makes up for its size in friendliness and helpfulness.
jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 16:13   #15
ccoker

check GT dist for the best prices on used pistols like Glocks and Sigs and the occasional HK as well as great ammo prices on duty rounds

Tom and Dick at Heritage are great folks and I try to give them my business when I can..

Sportsmans: new only

Mcbrides: good folks
ccoker is offline   Reply With Quote