GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2007, 07:47   #1
kobe24888
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nasa tabi-tabi lang
Posts: 40
1911 newbie

Help mga sirs...

Kindly give me advice. I want to buy a 1911 model...
Budget 40k

1) ARMSCOR o NORINCO?

Mas matigas daw bakal ng Norinco kaso magaspang naman daw pati internal parts...

What model sa ARMSCOR? Practical Series?

Anong mods puwede ilagay o gawin sa ARMSCOR?

1) Sights?
2) How to less recoil?
3) Trigger pull?
4) Ano gawa ng Barrel Throting?
5) 8-10 mags

Kindly add more...

Thanks...
kobe24888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 18:23   #2
Alexii
Janeway Forever
 
Alexii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Delta Quadrant
Posts: 1,883


Go for the Norinco (ask our fellow BOG Deenoh about this).

1) Sights?
Any sights you can easily see; night sights aren't necessary.

2) How to less recoil?
Shoot the gun first and find out if you can live with the
recoil. However, if I bought a Norc, the first thing I'll buy
is a stock set of Wolff springs. I think Twin Pines have them.

3) Trigger pull?
For carry, 4lbs and up.

4) Ano gawa ng Barrel Throting?
Barrel throating supposedly enables your gun to shoot hollow
points reliably. Try your new gun first with HPs before doing
any modification. And choose your gunsmith well should you
decide your boomer needs work.

5) 8-10 mags
This many mags is never a bad idea.

Welcome to the BOGs!
__________________
The sword that cuts down evil is the sword that gives life.

BOG #13
Alexii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 19:38   #3
New_comer
Senior Member
 
New_comer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Manila, Philippines
Posts: 1,343


Yung STI spartan 35 lang nun. +5 sa reg'n.

Tamang tama yang 40K mo.
__________________
Regards,

New_comer
BoG's #38
H&K Club #38

"We like to talk about (or be told about) Democracy but, when put to the test, usually find it to be an 'inconvenience.' We have opted instead for an authoritarian system *disguised* as a Democracy. We pay through the nose for an enormous joke-of-a-government, let it push us around, and then wonder how all those *******s got in there."
- Frank Zappa
New_comer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 22:51   #4
tagaykoyan
Senior Member
 
tagaykoyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Kyusi
Posts: 222
Send a message via Yahoo to tagaykoyan
RIA

rock island armory .45 na lang chief. priced below 20k. may pangrehistro ka na, may pambili ka pa ng 2 extra clips, a box of golden saber jhps, membership sa gun club at plenty of reloads.

based on experience kasi pagkakuha mo ng unit ang dami mo pa gusto bilhin

my rock...
Band of Glockers
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
tagaykoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 23:15   #5
TTPower
Senior Member
 
TTPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: philippines
Posts: 552
Send a message via Yahoo to TTPower
hi kobe, armscor is ok but what caliber are u planning to get? and is it hi-cap or single stack? do u plan to use it for competition or just for self defense? at least if u get an armscor it wont hurt if u decide to change anything like parts unlike if u have a very expensive blaster hahahaha
TTPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:16   #6
kobe24888
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nasa tabi-tabi lang
Posts: 40
SS lang sir. Thinking of Nor or Armscor.

Sa ARmscor na Practical Series, ano kaya dapat i-enhance or MODS?

Sa Norinco FE, what things to enhanced or add?

What's more accurate sa dalawa? Thanks sir....


Quote:
Originally posted by Titi-Power
hi kobe, armscor is ok but what caliber are u planning to get? and is it hi-cap or single stack? do u plan to use it for competition or just for self defense? at least if u get an armscor it wont hurt if u decide to change anything like parts unlike if u have a very expensive blaster hahahaha
kobe24888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 04:03   #7
zorkd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: .ph
Posts: 616
Send a message via ICQ to zorkd Send a message via AIM to zorkd Send a message via Yahoo to zorkd
my experience with norcs

although out of the box accuracy is consistent and acceptable, ayun nga medyo maganit pag kinakasa, yung internals kitang kita mo ang tool marks, sa armscor wala gaanong tool marks kasi investment cast ang parts...save for the barrel i think.

my government model na norinco fed hollowpoints reliable out of the box, no polishing, no throating, nothing. the JHPs were winchester USA brand 230gr JHPs that I loaded sa armscor brass over 4.7gr of powder, i forget na kung AP-what number, basta ADI na pistol ammo powder.

sa experience ko nga lang, sumisira nang basyo ang norinco minsan, and from the knowledge sharing in this forum, i have learned that it was the extractor, i haven't had the chance to have it tuned, having too much fun with the new glock i got.

it is actually quite a shame na ang armscor sells their products at a higher price to us pinoys than they do to american customers in the US.

bottom line, ikaw pa rin talaga pipili, good lang with norinco is, at least with those who know their 1911's, walang prejudice kesyo "made in china", may paltik na nga na norinco eh. made in china na, pineke pa. meaning mataas ang resale value nang norinco. kung yun man ang mapili mo, contact deenoh who owns WSC, he will take care of your firearm needs/wants.

i never had an armscor 1911.

armscor at least kung magka problema, andyan lang ang planta nila sa parang marikina, yung norinco pag may nasira, eh sorry ka na lang, bili ka lang nang parts. pero mahirap sirain ang norinco. sa akin so far so good. more than 1000 rounds, and i barely even clean it. ang nasira pa lang, eh well, not because of wear, but because of a stupid gun smith who "fixed" the hammer sear engagement without using a jig, di ko na babanggitin ang pangngalan, pero yun nga, find a smith you trust kung mag papa mod ka.

about the recoil spring, a heavier recoil spring will not always equate to less perceived recoil. in my experience lang ha, ymmv. anyway, decide na muna which one to get, then go ahead and purchase it na, medyo mas matagal ang processing these days kasi kelangan pa nang exemption for the transport permit from comelec dahil sa gun ban.

P40k, hmmm, that is a sizeable amount, i am sure you will spend it wisely, hehehe, kung gunshow, may glock ka na nun hehehe.

Last edited by zorkd; 01-13-2007 at 04:11..
zorkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 04:32   #8
TTPower
Senior Member
 
TTPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: philippines
Posts: 552
Send a message via Yahoo to TTPower
Quote:
Originally posted by kobe24888
SS lang sir. Thinking of Nor or Armscor.

Sa ARmscor na Practical Series, ano kaya dapat i-enhance or MODS?

Sa Norinco FE, what things to enhanced or add?

What's more accurate sa dalawa? Thanks sir....
ah ok... i had an armscor single stack 45cal b4 ok naman out from the box yung accuracy point of impact was the same as point of aim. ang pinalitan ko lng was the trigger not because it had a problem, but because di ko gusto itsura and pina adjust ko na rin yung trigger pull to 2.5lbs. i had the extractor tuned and the barell polished and throated. and i also had it black chromed para mas matibay and maganda finish hehehehe nagsisisi nga ako i sold it!

i bought a new armscor this time hi-cap 40cal and i sent it to metrillo for some gunsmithing ur 40k will go a long way if u get an armscor. or u can get the SPARTAN of armscor ok rin daw yun... the frame and slide are armscor but the internals are STI 35k lng yun. ask HEAVY alam ko meron sya
check this thread http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?...5&pagenumber=1

Last edited by TTPower; 01-13-2007 at 04:46..
TTPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 08:16   #9
tagaykoyan
Senior Member
 
tagaykoyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Kyusi
Posts: 222
Send a message via Yahoo to tagaykoyan
Re: RIA

Quote:
Originally posted by tagaykoyan
rock island armory .45 na lang chief. priced below 20k. may pangrehistro ka na, may pambili ka pa ng 2 extra clips, a box of golden saber jhps, membership sa gun club at plenty of reloads.

based on experience kasi pagkakuha mo ng unit ang dami mo pa gusto bilhin
btw, the RIA is basically an armscor gun sold in the US market (i don't think they still sell the armscor brand there).
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
tagaykoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 18:34   #10
kobe24888
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nasa tabi-tabi lang
Posts: 40
Armscor 40

Sayang nga yung Armscor 45cal mo sir.. Magkano nabenta?

Magkano hi-cap 40cal? Practical series ba sir. Compare sa SS, Di ba mataba ang grip? Gusto ko rin sana kaya lang baka sobra taba grip.
Ano pinagawa mo sa Metrillo? Kindly specify w/ price.


Quote:
Originally posted by Titi-Power
ah ok... i had an armscor single stack 45cal b4 ok naman out from the box yung accuracy point of impact was the same as point of aim. ang pinalitan ko lng was the trigger not because it had a problem, but because di ko gusto itsura and pina adjust ko na rin yung trigger pull to 2.5lbs. i had the extractor tuned and the barell polished and throated. and i also had it black chromed para mas matibay and maganda finish hehehehe nagsisisi nga ako i sold it!

i bought a new armscor this time hi-cap 40cal and i sent it to metrillo for some gunsmithing ur 40k will go a long way if u get an armscor. or u can get the SPARTAN of armscor ok rin daw yun... the frame and slide are armscor but the internals are STI 35k lng yun. ask HEAVY alam ko meron sya
check this thread http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?...5&pagenumber=1

Last edited by kobe24888; 01-13-2007 at 18:38..
kobe24888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 19:00   #11
HEAVY
"Verify!"
 
HEAVY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 705
Re: Re: RIA

Quote:
Originally posted by tagaykoyan
btw, the RIA is basically an armscor gun sold in the US market (i don't think they still sell the armscor brand there).
you are correct. Rock Island Armory is an Armscor-made gun. The brand is owned by Twin Pines.

Arsmcor is sold in the US. In fact, it's a very popular gun because of it's value for money pricing. the whole line is very popular.

Charles Daly, another Armscor-made 1911 is also sold in the US market.

SAM is another RP-made gun sold in America.

and of course, the Armscor-made, STI-branded Spartan. an excellent gun, if i may say so myself.


http://forum.m1911.org/forumdisplay.php?f=17
__________________
I plink therefore i am.
-----------------------
BOG #42
HEAVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:42   #12
bertud ng putik
Senior Member
 
bertud ng putik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: cavite
Posts: 381
norinco standard

bro sa trust trade ka bumili ng norinco, standard model. puro bagong labas ang standard nila ngayon. (new production) get the one with the serial no. starts with 3 letters (BAO) before kasi pag standard walang letter sa serial no. maganda ikasa, ok ang bluing (color) nila ngayon, maganda ang fitting ng slide to frame, diamond rubber grip na ito. unlike before plastic grip eh. got mine last week and straight from the firing range, fired 100 rounds armscor fmj. (no fte and ftf) ok na ok!
__________________
FORGED STEEL TOUGHNESS
bertud ng putik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 05:17   #13
tagaykoyan
Senior Member
 
tagaykoyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Kyusi
Posts: 222
Send a message via Yahoo to tagaykoyan
Re: Re: Re: RIA

Quote:
Originally posted by HEAVY
you are correct. Rock Island Armory is an Armscor-made gun. The brand is owned by Twin Pines.

Arsmcor is sold in the US. In fact, it's a very popular gun because of it's value for money pricing. the whole line is very popular.

Charles Daly, another Armscor-made 1911 is also sold in the US market.

SAM is another RP-made gun sold in America.

and of course, the Armscor-made, STI-branded Spartan. an excellent gun, if i may say so myself.


http://forum.m1911.org/forumdisplay.php?f=17
RIAs are getting rave reviews in various 1911 forums (m1911.org, 1911forum.org). value for money, yung iba nga nagho-hoard na.

my rock has already gobbled up about 400 rounds so far and not one problem (even with various magazines ie wilson, chip mcormick). hindi rin namimili ng bala
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
tagaykoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 06:11   #14
kobe24888
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nasa tabi-tabi lang
Posts: 40
Re: norinco standard

Thanks sir...

How much sir? Ano kasama?
Ano pagkakaiba sa Factory Enhanced model?
Sir, anong mods ang gawin mo?




Quote:
Originally posted by bertud ng putik
bro sa trust trade ka bumili ng norinco, standard model. puro bagong labas ang standard nila ngayon. (new production) get the one with the serial no. starts with 3 letters (BAO) before kasi pag standard walang letter sa serial no. maganda ikasa, ok ang bluing (color) nila ngayon, maganda ang fitting ng slide to frame, diamond rubber grip na ito. unlike before plastic grip eh. got mine last week and straight from the firing range, fired 100 rounds armscor fmj. (no fte and ftf) ok na ok!

Last edited by kobe24888; 01-14-2007 at 06:14..
kobe24888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 22:16   #15
darth board
steel killer
 
darth board's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: earth
Posts: 281
Re: Re: norinco standard

Quote:
Originally posted by kobe24888
Thanks sir...

How much sir? Ano kasama?
Ano pagkakaiba sa Factory Enhanced model?
Sir, anong mods ang gawin mo?
standard model ang kunin mo kung factory enhanced kasi mas mahal tapos papalitan mo rin naman yung internal parts baka pati beavertail so sayang lang.
__________________
anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.
darth board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:28   #16
henry silos
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: angeles city
Posts: 17
hi bro suggestion ko is u get norinco police or enhanced factory special cause fitting is better than the G.I cause i have one police series reliability and performance ang ganda ng performance pina tune ko land kay col. 'Bayang and im planning to get another one after the gun ban you wont regret if u get norinco
henry silos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:22   #17
MERCMADE
BULLET PROOF
 
MERCMADE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: 10cm below d peritoneal reflection
Posts: 359
Send a message via Yahoo to MERCMADE
..god sakes

buy filipino man, get the armscor.Its plus and minus with the norc anyways.40k will go a long way, why not buy parts na lang and go totally custom, that way walang masasayang na parts kung upgrade upgrade din naman ang gagawin.read 9mx's samscor project tread, its a hi cap but you'll get the drift.
I have an armscor SS,had it stock for a while, ok naman.shot point of aim, didint feed hollow points pero remedied na ngayon.frame, slide and barrel na lang natira, everything else is aftermarket.
__________________
GMG- google mo ga_o

Last edited by MERCMADE; 01-15-2007 at 04:26..
MERCMADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 05:56   #18
MELBU
Ann2Tero
 
MELBU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Metro Manila, Philippines
Posts: 407
Re: 1911 newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by kobe24888
Help mga sirs...

Kindly give me advice. I want to buy a 1911 model...
Budget 40k
With your budget i suggest you get a high end 2nd hand gun para satisfied ka na.

Aim high, go for gold ka na sa budget mong yan.
Malaki na yang budget mo bakit ka pa mag low end 1911 di ba?
Madaming Colt or ANAD Versions na 2nd hand dyan. Patience is important.

I got this for 40k, from a guy who changed his religion. Bawal na raw
sa kanila ang guns. Actually unang tawad ko nga dito 25k lang, naawa
lang ako dun sa seller. The price is actually 37K, bingyan ko lang
ng 3K yung friend ko na nag refer sa akin.

Band of Glockers

Singit ko lang to mga friends.

Im selling my Remington Rand ANAD all stock. Superb metal nito.
Im selling it for 33K only buyer takes care of transfer.
In case your interested.

Band of Glockers

Heres the original grips.
Band of Glockers


Again with your 40K budget Aim high ka na, kasya na yan sa 2nd hand
high end pistol.
Pag nakayabangan pa sa barkada at nagka pakitaan ng gun, eh may asim
yung pistol mo di ba?

Personal suggestion ko lang po

Melbu
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
MELBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 06:13   #19
MELBU
Ann2Tero
 
MELBU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Metro Manila, Philippines
Posts: 407
Dagdag ko lang, i got a Colt series80 blued for 20K only, the finish
was kinda faded but hey branded pa rin.
I gave it to my brother as a gift.
Patience at timing lang talaga my friend.

Melbu
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
MELBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 07:29   #20
kobe24888
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nasa tabi-tabi lang
Posts: 40
Colt

Sir, marami daw peke Colt. Besides Colt what other high end you can recommend? Thanks...

Quote:
Originally posted by MELBU
With your budget i suggest you get a high end 2nd hand gun para satisfied ka na.

Aim high, go for gold ka na sa budget mong yan.
Malaki na yang budget mo bakit ka pa mag low end 1911 di ba?
Madaming Colt or ANAD Versions na 2nd hand dyan. Patience is important.

I got this for 40k, from a guy who changed his religion. Bawal na raw
sa kanila ang guns. Actually unang tawad ko nga dito 25k lang, naawa
lang ako dun sa seller. The price is actually 37K, bingyan ko lang
ng 3K yung friend ko na nag refer sa akin.

Band of Glockers

Singit ko lang to mga friends.

Im selling my Remington Rand ANAD all stock. Superb metal nito.
Im selling it for 33K only buyer takes care of transfer.
In case your interested.

Band of Glockers

Heres the original grips.
Band of Glockers


Again with your 40K budget Aim high ka na, kasya na yan sa 2nd hand
high end pistol.
Pag nakayabangan pa sa barkada at nagka pakitaan ng gun, eh may asim
yung pistol mo di ba?

Personal suggestion ko lang po

Melbu
kobe24888 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:32.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 976
301 Members
675 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31