GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-13-2007, 14:48   #1
KahrMan

Rapid fire friendly gun ranges in Houston area?

Hey y'all!!!

I was wanting to know if there where any gun ranges in the Houston area that allow rapid fire? Geting sick of having to wait 2-3 seconds in between shots. I want to be able to:

Thanks
KahrMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 05:51   #2
nuparadigm

Don't know of any public ranges that permit rapid fire. There are several private ranges in the area that sell memberships; you might ask them: Bayou Rifles, Pearland Sportsman's Club, The Impact Zone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

The last train out of any station won't be filled with nice people.
nuparadigm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:47   #3
PineyFolks

Greetings--

I'm curious-- why the ban on rapid fire at a majority of the ranges, especialy indoor ones ?

I was at the Bullet Trap in Plano last weekend. I was shooting "three-in-a-row" drills-- double tap to the COM and one to the head. The RO asked me to stop the three shots. Double taps were ok-- just not three without a pause. I was busy shoooting so didnt ask the why part then.
http://texaschlforum.com/
========
PineyFolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:04   #4
waltherone

Send a message via AIM to waltherone

Sportsman Shooting Center on FM2351(aka Clear Lake City Blvd). I shoot there about every other weekend, with the exception of lately since I haven't had time to go. Very small range (only like 10 or 12 lanes total), indoors, ventilation isn't that great so I wouldn't make a day of this, but he doesn't give you any real rules so long as you don't do stupid crap. I've seen people drawing from holster, one full auto weapon, and there's ALWAYS people rapid firing.

It's down 45 south, exit FM2351, turn right (assuming you're going southbound)go down several lights, it'll be on the left, not a very big sign, just a gray probly 4' by 4' sign that has the name on it, it's behind a church which is rather easy to see. If you start passing Clear Creek highschool, you've passed the shooting range by about 200 yards.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:29   #5
nuparadigm

I wasn't the one who asked the original question, but thanks for the info! My retirement job takes me all over the Houston area and I thought that I'd encountered just about every public range. Looks as if my options have now increased.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

The last train out of any station won't be filled with nice people.
nuparadigm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 13:24   #6
waltherone

Send a message via AIM to waltherone

Any time bud

If you ever see a young guy there in a white tshirt with some kind of pool hall logo/slogan on it, that's gonna be me most likely, usually if I'm there I'm on my way to work at the slick willies down the road. Real name's BRian, so say hi
Old 02-21-2007, 13:25   #7
KahrMan

Thanks for the input my fellow SE Texans, just got around to reading this thread today.... I just heard about Marksman Indoor Range that allows rapid fire, but no magnum calibers or rifles.

Marksman Indoor Range
507 Nebraska St.
South Houston, TX 77587

713-944-3520

KahrMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:42   #8
Apache75

Rapid Fire

Sportsman's In Humble doesn't seem to mind rapid fire. We let 'em fly there and I've never seen anyone complain.

They are on 1960 about one mile east of 59, on the North side of Houston (Humble).

MH
BrazoslandPistoleros.com
Apache75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:23   #9
Motown Fire
Everett

Any clubs like this on the South West side???

Thanks
Motown Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 13:58   #10
tiva
Wet Member

Quote:
Originally posted by waltherone
Sportsman Shooting Center on FM2351(aka Clear Lake City Blvd). I shoot there about every other weekend, with the exception of lately since I haven't had time to go. Very small range (only like 10 or 12 lanes total), indoors, ventilation isn't that great so I wouldn't make a day of this, but he doesn't give you any real rules so long as you don't do stupid crap. I've seen people drawing from holster, one full auto weapon, and there's ALWAYS people rapid firing.

It's down 45 south, exit FM2351, turn right (assuming you're going southbound)go down several lights, it'll be on the left, not a very big sign, just a gray probly 4' by 4' sign that has the name on it, it's behind a church which is rather easy to see. If you start passing Clear Creek highschool, you've passed the shooting range by about 200 yards.
Been there a few times, whats with all the bullet holes in the top of the back wall? Where do you think those are going? And yes the ventilation is horrible but not bad for an hour or so.
tiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 14:27   #11
uhlawpup
Gentle Soul

Send a message via Yahoo to uhlawpup
Quote:
Originally posted by KahrMan
Thanks for the input my fellow SE Texans, just got around to reading this thread today.... I just heard about Marksman Indoor Range that allows rapid fire, but no magnum calibers or rifles.

Marksman Indoor Range
507 Nebraska St.
South Houston, TX 77587

713-944-3520

That's where I shoot.

CRUX SANCTA SIT MIHI LUX
NUNQUAM DRACO SIT MIHI DUX
uhlawpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 20:11   #12
rampre

The only place that I've been to is 'Top Gun' on 5901 Beverly Hill 77057. I've only been there twice but I've seen people there shoot almost everything. Semi, revolvers, shotguns and machine guns. But, I'm open to go somewhere that close to me. I live in the northside of town.
rampre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:14   #13
hungoverharry
Ping Pong Champ

Send a message via AIM to hungoverharry
Quote:
Originally posted by rampre
The only place that I've been to is 'Top Gun' on 5901 Beverly Hill 77057. I've only been there twice but I've seen people there shoot almost everything. Semi, revolvers, shotguns and machine guns. But, I'm open to go somewhere that close to me. I live in the northside of town.
Ive been in there a couple of times but never shot. How are the facilities? They look pretty descent but I donít know. In fact I have never used an indoor range at all.

"I don't want them to like me, because when I'm in the ring, punches fly to the face. It is not a tenderness time. I am not falling in love. And he knows that when the fight starts I kick faces." ~ Wanderlei Silva
hungoverharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:16   #14
rampre

Quote:
Originally posted by hungoverharry
Ive been in there a couple of times but never shot. How are the facilities? They look pretty descent but I donít know. In fact I have never used an indoor range at all.
It's alright there. About 15 lanes. There about 4' x 50' long.
rampre is offline   Reply With Quote