GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2007, 14:48   #1
KahrMan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SE Texas
Posts: 143
Rapid fire friendly gun ranges in Houston area?

Hey y'all!!!

I was wanting to know if there where any gun ranges in the Houston area that allow rapid fire? Geting sick of having to wait 2-3 seconds in between shots. I want to be able to:

Thanks
KahrMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 05:51   #2
nuparadigm
Senior Member
 
nuparadigm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Houston area
Posts: 456
Don't know of any public ranges that permit rapid fire. There are several private ranges in the area that sell memberships; you might ask them: Bayou Rifles, Pearland Sportsman's Club, The Impact Zone.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

The last train out of any station won't be filled with nice people.
nuparadigm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:47   #3
PineyFolks
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: East of HOU
Posts: 168


Greetings--

I'm curious-- why the ban on rapid fire at a majority of the ranges, especialy indoor ones ?

I was at the Bullet Trap in Plano last weekend. I was shooting "three-in-a-row" drills-- double tap to the COM and one to the head. The RO asked me to stop the three shots. Double taps were ok-- just not three without a pause. I was busy shoooting so didnt ask the why part then.
__________________
========
G34 G26 CZ-75 Couple of Rugers,
and a good ole' 12 ga
http://texaschlforum.com/
========
PineyFolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:04   #4
waltherone
Registered User
 
waltherone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 302
Send a message via AIM to waltherone


Sportsman Shooting Center on FM2351(aka Clear Lake City Blvd). I shoot there about every other weekend, with the exception of lately since I haven't had time to go. Very small range (only like 10 or 12 lanes total), indoors, ventilation isn't that great so I wouldn't make a day of this, but he doesn't give you any real rules so long as you don't do stupid crap. I've seen people drawing from holster, one full auto weapon, and there's ALWAYS people rapid firing.

It's down 45 south, exit FM2351, turn right (assuming you're going southbound)go down several lights, it'll be on the left, not a very big sign, just a gray probly 4' by 4' sign that has the name on it, it's behind a church which is rather easy to see. If you start passing Clear Creek highschool, you've passed the shooting range by about 200 yards.
__________________
Gen 3 G23
Houston, TX
waltherone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:29   #5
nuparadigm
Senior Member
 
nuparadigm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Houston area
Posts: 456
I wasn't the one who asked the original question, but thanks for the info! My retirement job takes me all over the Houston area and I thought that I'd encountered just about every public range. Looks as if my options have now increased.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

The last train out of any station won't be filled with nice people.
nuparadigm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 13:24   #6
waltherone
Registered User
 
waltherone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 302
Send a message via AIM to waltherone


Any time bud

If you ever see a young guy there in a white tshirt with some kind of pool hall logo/slogan on it, that's gonna be me most likely, usually if I'm there I'm on my way to work at the slick willies down the road. Real name's BRian, so say hi
__________________
Gen 3 G23
Houston, TX
waltherone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 13:25   #7
KahrMan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SE Texas
Posts: 143
Thanks for the input my fellow SE Texans, just got around to reading this thread today.... I just heard about Marksman Indoor Range that allows rapid fire, but no magnum calibers or rifles.

Marksman Indoor Range
507 Nebraska St.
South Houston, TX 77587

713-944-3520

KahrMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:42   #8
Apache75
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 3
Rapid Fire

Sportsman's In Humble doesn't seem to mind rapid fire. We let 'em fly there and I've never seen anyone complain.

They are on 1960 about one mile east of 59, on the North side of Houston (Humble).


MH
BrazoslandPistoleros.com
Apache75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:23   #9
Motown Fire
Everett
 
Motown Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 486
Any clubs like this on the South West side???

Thanks
Motown Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 13:58   #10
tiva
Wet Member
 
tiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: South Texas is where I stay
Posts: 307
Quote:
Originally posted by waltherone
Sportsman Shooting Center on FM2351(aka Clear Lake City Blvd). I shoot there about every other weekend, with the exception of lately since I haven't had time to go. Very small range (only like 10 or 12 lanes total), indoors, ventilation isn't that great so I wouldn't make a day of this, but he doesn't give you any real rules so long as you don't do stupid crap. I've seen people drawing from holster, one full auto weapon, and there's ALWAYS people rapid firing.

It's down 45 south, exit FM2351, turn right (assuming you're going southbound)go down several lights, it'll be on the left, not a very big sign, just a gray probly 4' by 4' sign that has the name on it, it's behind a church which is rather easy to see. If you start passing Clear Creek highschool, you've passed the shooting range by about 200 yards.
Been there a few times, whats with all the bullet holes in the top of the back wall? Where do you think those are going? And yes the ventilation is horrible but not bad for an hour or so.
tiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 14:27   #11
uhlawpup
Gentle Soul
 
uhlawpup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Houston
Posts: 5,393
Send a message via Yahoo to uhlawpup
Quote:
Originally posted by KahrMan
Thanks for the input my fellow SE Texans, just got around to reading this thread today.... I just heard about Marksman Indoor Range that allows rapid fire, but no magnum calibers or rifles.

Marksman Indoor Range
507 Nebraska St.
South Houston, TX 77587

713-944-3520

That's where I shoot.
__________________
uhlawpup - deep in the heart of Downtown Houston

CRUX SANCTA SIT MIHI LUX
NUNQUAM DRACO SIT MIHI DUX
uhlawpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 20:11   #12
rampre
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Houston,TX
Posts: 22
The only place that I've been to is 'Top Gun' on 5901 Beverly Hill 77057. I've only been there twice but I've seen people there shoot almost everything. Semi, revolvers, shotguns and machine guns. But, I'm open to go somewhere that close to me. I live in the northside of town.
rampre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:14   #13
hungoverharry
Ping Pong Champ
 
hungoverharry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 535
Send a message via AIM to hungoverharry
Quote:
Originally posted by rampre
The only place that I've been to is 'Top Gun' on 5901 Beverly Hill 77057. I've only been there twice but I've seen people there shoot almost everything. Semi, revolvers, shotguns and machine guns. But, I'm open to go somewhere that close to me. I live in the northside of town.
Ive been in there a couple of times but never shot. How are the facilities? They look pretty descent but I donít know. In fact I have never used an indoor range at all.
__________________
Eram quod es; eris quod sum.

"I don't want them to like me, because when I'm in the ring, punches fly to the face. It is not a tenderness time. I am not falling in love. And he knows that when the fight starts I kick faces." ~ Wanderlei Silva
hungoverharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:16   #14
rampre
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Houston,TX
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally posted by hungoverharry
Ive been in there a couple of times but never shot. How are the facilities? They look pretty descent but I donít know. In fact I have never used an indoor range at all.
It's alright there. About 15 lanes. There about 4' x 50' long.
rampre is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 14:15.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,465
341 Members
1,124 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42