Announcing VCDL's "Bloomberg Gun GiveAway" drawing!
In order to financially help Virginia gun dealers being sued by New York City Mayor Bloomberg, VCDL is having a drawing for a free gun from each participating dealer!
For every $100 dollars you spend at either dealer, you get one chance to win a gun! For example, if you spend $542 you get 5 chances to win.
You can purchase any merchandise that the store offers, it does NOT have to be a firearm or even firearms related.
If you don't live near one of the stores, you can purchase items by mail order by calling the phone number listed below.
The dealer stores that are currently participating are:
Bob Moates Sports Shop
10418 Hull Street Road
Midlothian, VA 23112
Bob Moates Sports Shop
212 David Bruce Ave.
Charlotte CH, VA 23923
Old Dominion Gun and Tackle
7608 Martinsville Highway
Danville, VA 24541
The firearm for the Bob Moates drawing is a beautiful Para Ordnance PX745E handgun:
The firearm for the Old Dominion drawing is a sweet Browning Varmint Stalker in 223 WSSM:
Both guns are valued at around $1000 retail.
Eligibility for the drawing ends on March 31, 2007. The drawing for the gun offered for each of the dealers will be held at the VCDL membership meeting on April 19, 2007 at the Mason Government Center in Annandale. You do not need to be present to win.
So, if you need a gun, ammunition, hunting clothes, etc., now is the time to buy it from these two dealers who are bravely standing up to Mayor Bloomberg and his scheme to drive gun dealers out of business! You will getting something you want, help fight Bloomberg, and have a chance at winning a great firearm.
And tell your spouses that you have no choice in the matter - the VCDL PRESIDENT has ORDERED you to buy lots of stuff from these two dealers! What can you do but comply?
***Let's make this drawing a success for everyone*** (but Bloomberg, of course)!
Here are the rules for the drawing:
OFFICIAL VCDL ‘BLOOMBERG GUN GIVEAWAY’ DRAWING RULES
1. For each and all multiples of $100 spent in any single transaction, excluding taxes, at a qualifying firearms dealer's primary place of business, the purchaser will receive, at no additional cost, one (1) ticket for a chance to win a gun in the drawing. Mail orders are allowed. A “transaction” shall be defined as a purchase of goods or services at any one point in time as demonstrated by a single transaction receipt. The “purchaser” must be a human being and not a corporation or other juridical entity. A “qualifying firearms dealer” shall be designated at VCDL’s sole discretion.
2. Eligibility for the drawing ends at 11:59 PM on March 31st, 2007.
3. The winner will be determined in a random drawing held after 8 PM on April 19th, 2007 at the VCDL public membership
4. If the public meeting is snowed or rained out, the drawing will be held at the first scheduled public meeting after April 19th.
5. The Following persons are NOT eligible to win:
a. Officers, directors, and Executive Members of VCDL and their immediate family members.
b. Owners and employees of qualifying firearms dealers and their immediate family members.
c. Mayor Bloomberg and his immediate family members.
d. All mayors who are or who have ever been members of the Coalition Against Illegal Guns, and their immediate family members.
e. Any person aiding and abetting Mayor Bloomberg’s effort in any way to bring suit in any court sitting in New York against gun dealers doing business outside the state of New York.
6. Winner need not be present to win.
7. VCDL reserves the right to publish the names of winners.
8. If the winner is not present at the drawing the VCDL will attempt to notify the winner at the address and phone number submitted on his/her ticket. Neatness counts. If any selected winning ticket has illegible contact information, the serial number of said ticket will be publicized on VCDL's website (http://www.vcdl.org
) and on VCDL's weekly email bulletin (VA-ALERT) for 4 consecutive weeks, and it will then be the responsibility of the winner to come forward and claim the prize with his/her portion of the serial numbered ticket stub.
9. The winner must be eligible to own and possess firearms under Federal and Virginia law. All firearm transfers shall be made through federally licensed firearms dealers in accordance with Federal and Virginia law.
10. The winner is responsible for paying all taxes and fees due and for arranging for a local federally licensed firearms dealer to execute the transfer if a gun is won.
11. The total number of entries received determines the odds of winning.
12. The President of VCDL will supervise the drawing. The decision of the President will be final.
13. In the event that the gun is not claimed within 60 days, a new drawing using the ticket stubs from the last drawing will take place at a subsequent public meeting to be held more than 60 but less than 90 days from the prior drawing to determine a new winner. If a ticket belonging to the individual who failed to claim his prize in the previous drawing is drawn, it will be immediately discarded and another ticket will be drawn, until a new winner is determined.
14. Signing a settlement agreement with New York Mayor Bloomberg or his agents shall disqualify a dealer from participation in The Bloomberg Gun Giveaway Drawing. In such an event, the drawing for that dealer would be cancelled and all tickets for the drawing would become null and void.
15. The qualifying dealer must send all valid entries (ticket stubs) for the drawing to: "VCDL, P.O. Box 513, Newington, VA 22122.” Entries must be received by VCDL not later than April 8th, 2007.
16. This promotion is void where prohibited by law.