SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-22-2007, 19:41   #1
Wp.22

Send a message via Yahoo to Wp.22
Tips for 1st time dad.

guy's give or take two weeks im gonna ba a dad na what are your tips. Ang worry ko yung pag uwi na namin sa house wala pa naman kami na kasama na expert sa mga bata ( grandmother ) Right now many are telling us na expect na namin yung sleep depraviation for two months. swerte na pag walang post partum si mrs baka isa pa siya sa mga aalagan ko.

thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Wp.22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 19:49   #2
3kings
SalingPusa

take lots of vitamins. you will sure need it.

and always remember coffemate for your coffee and mother's milk is solely for the kid.
PinoyGuns.com
Pinoy-anglers.com
3kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 19:56   #3
saki1611
BOG's #1611

pre congarats then in advance! don't worry much, though some people with experience to live with you is really a big help, the instinct of being parents how to nurture a new born baby will come out naturally. so far that's the only thing i can give, cant remember yet what tip i can give you on hands-on.
Old 01-22-2007, 19:56   #4
binoy

Quote:
Originally posted by 3kings
take lots of vitamins. you will sure need it.

and always remember coffemate for your coffee and mother's milk is solely for the kid.
+1

Patience my friend... patience ..

This early, pag aralan mo na pano magpa dighay (burp) ng bata. You'll have to do it every time the baby had her/his fill of milk.
Old 01-22-2007, 20:04   #5
wingz
speed not power

First congrats bro, blessing yan. I know your worries dahil naexperience ko yan before. Akala ko mahihirapan kami ng husto pero di naman pala. My suggestion is that you get a good nanny, na expert na sa pag-aalaga ng mga babies. Mas ok kung either mother nyo or related sa inyo ni wifey mo. Your maid is for the regular chores sa bahay and the nanny gets to just take care of the child and your wife. And you, you will just be taking orders from the nanny. She'll be the boss for a month or more until your wife gets well and recover. That's what we did and everything turned out well.

B.O.G. No. : 1820
wingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 20:21   #6
isuzu

Get your baby a nice crib, a well-ventilated room, purified drinking water to mix with baby formula, diapers, a bottle sterlizer, RBW (for your baby's eyes), and lots of patience.

When I had my son, I only had about three hours of sleep for the first two weeks. My son was born by C-section, and I had to take care of both my wife and son. Good thing, my wife's aunt got a good nanny.

You might also want to get the services of a good pedia for your baby.

Good luck, and best wishes to you!

Samozaryadniy Karabin sistemi Simonova
isuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 20:54   #7
MRV_G17

Quote:
Originally posted by binoy
This early, pag aralan mo na pano magpa dighay (burp) ng bata. You'll have to do it every time the baby had her/his fill of milk.
+1

congrats brod.

good timing din paglabas ng baby mo kasi gun ban. you can spend more time with your baby and not with the range
Old 01-22-2007, 21:57   #8
tagaykoyan

Send a message via Yahoo to tagaykoyan
breastfed

this is the best tip that you can get.

if possible have your baby breastfed by your wife. worked for me, hindi kami napupuyat kasi pag umiyak ng hatinggabi di mo na kailangang tumayo para magtimpla. mas nutritious pa for your baby (and matipid for you).

breastfeeding is still best for baby (not daddy). congrats!

tagaykoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 22:30   #9
jasonub

Re: breastfed

learn to support his head while carrying him or her. also be careful of the soft spot on the top of his head. Lambot talaga yan
jasonub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 23:43   #10
labuyo73
BOG#17281

From a father of 2...

1. Huwag sanaying laging karga si baby. I know you'll be so excited (also the relatives) you want to hold him/her everytime. Ok lang yun pero huwag lagi kasi the moment nasanay sya karga, iyak ng iyak pagnilapag and believe me, there will be times na gusto mo rin magpahinga.

2. I agree with WINGZ-get a good nanny, preferrably yung kakilala at medyo may experience na mag-alaga ng mga bata. Early on, accept the fact na one of these days maiiwan si baby sa kanya. My wife & I are both working so talagang all I can do is to pray na maayos trato ni yaya kay baby. Kung working parents din kayo, be sure that the nanny knows who and what numbers to call in case of emergency. Tell the yaya kung sino pupuntahan (malapit na relatives o trustworthy neighbor) agad kung talagang kelangan at wala ibang tao sa bahay. Kausapin si yaya to tell you immediately if she finds it difficult to attend to the needs of the baby. Kung hirap sya and decides to leave kung pwede kamo at least 1 month notice in advance to look for kapalit.

3. Avoid overbuying lalo na infant milk, diapers, vitamins etc. Some brands kasi kasundo ng ibang baby while others hindi so baka masayang lang yung nabili mo.

4. Look for a good pedia. Avoid papalit-palit para ma-monitor progress at development ni baby ng maayos.

I'll post some more pag may naalala pa ko. Hope I was of help
Old 01-23-2007, 07:00   #11
toxic

Quote:
Originally posted by labuyo73
From a father of 2...

1. Huwag sanaying laging karga si baby. I know you'll be so excited (also the relatives) you want to hold him/her everytime. Ok lang yun pero huwag lagi kasi the moment nasanay sya karga, iyak ng iyak pagnilapag and believe me, there will be times na gusto mo rin magpahinga.

2. I agree with WINGZ-get a good nanny, preferrably yung kakilala at medyo may experience na mag-alaga ng mga bata. Early on, accept the fact na one of these days maiiwan si baby sa kanya. My wife & I are both working so talagang all I can do is to pray na maayos trato ni yaya kay baby. Kung working parents din kayo, be sure that the nanny knows who and what numbers to call in case of emergency. Tell the yaya kung sino pupuntahan (malapit na relatives o trustworthy neighbor) agad kung talagang kelangan at wala ibang tao sa bahay. Kausapin si yaya to tell you immediately if she finds it difficult to attend to the needs of the baby. Kung hirap sya and decides to leave kung pwede kamo at least 1 month notice in advance to look for kapalit.

3. Avoid overbuying lalo na infant milk, diapers, vitamins etc. Some brands kasi kasundo ng ibang baby while others hindi so baka masayang lang yung nabili mo.

4. Look for a good pedia. Avoid papalit-palit para ma-monitor progress at development ni baby ng maayos.

I'll post some more pag may naalala pa ko. Hope I was of help
Same tips from me....Most importtant mag leave ka muna sa work mo(if you can)for a few months para hands on and experience and proper attention ang maibigay mo to your wife and the baby(you wife will appreciate that very much).

# 4 is very important, most pedia can give you advice on the do's and don'ts on first time parents..

Congrats man and yes you both need the energy you can get..pag tulog baby sabayan mo din ng tulog para mabawi yung puyat Good Luck.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:25   #12
mikey177
Remember

Buy some CDs with relaxing or classical music/lullabies. These often help in getting the baby to sleep soundly.

Also, learn to divide the labor between yourself and your spouse. For example, you stay asleep while she breastfeeds the infant, then she wakes you only when it's time to burp him/her. That way, you both get more shut-eye.

Congratulations, and may your patience and love for your family continue to grow as you immerse yourself in the joys of fatherhood
mikey177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:46   #13
foxyyy

Quote:
Originally posted by mikey177
Buy some CDs with relaxing or classical music/lullabies. These often help in getting the baby to sleep soundly.
also helps in the baby's mental development..in fact, a big help! add ka na rin orchestral music to the mix like mozart, beethoven, etc.
foxyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 21:46   #14
sandman_sy

Hire a midwife, ASAP!!! my biggest mistake was this. just became a dad last 08-15-06. 1st night i was with my daughter, i had 2 hours of sleep lang. if your not sure if your kid will drink from the breast... learn how to mix the milk. (my second mistake). But breastmilk is still best for the baby... and your wallet. Burp your baby evertime he/she eats, and everytime you guys have a question, write it down, we probably brought around 50 questions on our first visit to our pedia.

I don't know if some people believe this or not... but i read somewhere that shooting stuff dont mix well with babies and kids. Because of the LEAD in the primer and heads.. it hinders the brain development daw. So i make it a point i take a shower everytime i get back from shooting and wash my hands everytime i want to carry the baby.

Hold on to your seat.... its gonna be one crazy ride!!!

PS.. sleep... while you still can!