Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-24-2007, 22:53   #1
MRV_G17

need LEGAL COUNSELOR - pls help

hi guys, Last Sunday, my sister-in-law went to that hospital for a checkup. She was having Hi Fever for 3 days. The doctor claim that they are not sure what was the problem and they forced her to get admitted or sign a waiver.

3 days later (after being confined), she was diagnosed with DENGUE and that hospital and doctor didn't do anything to prevent it from getting worst. Yesterday the doctor has asked my relatives that they need blood to kill DENGUE. This morning, the doctor told my brother again that they need to do it again. (not actually blood - its a yellowish fluid according to my brother).

My brother seek help from a UST doctor they the doc claims: "Baket nagkaganun? Pinabayaan nila pasyente kaya lumala"

i want to take a legal action against that hospital and its doctor for professional negligence. Would really appreciate if any of you could PM me the details of any attorneys that you know of.

Thanks in advance for your help

-MRV-
Old 01-25-2007, 00:37   #2
chowchow

Pare koy, dengue very common yan sa atin at mga tropical regions. Baka mababa na ang platelet count bsed on CBC test. The yellow stuff you are referring is the one. They need to raise the level or mag spontaneous bleeding internal organ s man or skin. Dengue is mainly supportive ang treatment, when signs and symptoms appear they will treat or correct it. Most doctors will do a tourniquet test if dengue is suspected (fever of unknown origin ang complaint nang patient). Some wants to observe the patient thats why they wanted her admitted. fever can be anything as a clinical sign (it could just be viral). Walang masama dyan , ganon talaga para ma rule out nila. I hope you will not take this as negative. Basta tanong lang kayo sa doctor and be positive.
But if the first physician was negligent , kailangin medicl review na yan. I hope your sister in law recovers asap.

Last edited by chowchow; 01-25-2007 at 00:47..
chowchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 00:48   #3
MRV_G17

thanks for the input bro. however, the doctor at UST claims na hindi daw dapat umabot sa situation ngayon na medyo lumala kasi hindi naagapan ng doctor dun sa $#it hospital. at earliest stage alam na na dengue yun pero they didn't took any safety measure to prevent it na lumala tulad ngayon. yesterday platelet lang ang isinalin. ngayon blood and platelet na.

at this moment, i have asked my brother to gather all documents/records ng sister in law ko and see kung meron talaga malpractice because the doctor in UST claims na pinabayaan daw kaya lumala.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:03   #4
3kings
SalingPusa

dapat kasi pag alam na ng dok na 3days na sya hifever, blood sample should be taken in several intervals for them to determine if its dengue.

if u signed a waiver, lusot na sila. if not i think its a good case of medical malpractice.

well thats my opinion bro. am not a doctor nor an atty.
PinoyGuns.com
Pinoy-anglers.com
3kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:11   #5
deenoh

Pards,

Dengue is very hard to detect. My girlfriend was diagnosed with Dengue after a couple of days of having a high fever also. 3 days before lumabas yun dengue, we had her platelet counted and normal, a few days later before we had tested it again, normal. Pero my uncle who is a doctor suggested that she be confined, a few hours after nung last test biglang bumagsak yun platelet count, dun lang nila na determine na dengue for sure.

I dont think may pang agap sa dengue except rest and vitamins to strengthen the immune system. My aunt was complaining pa nga na bat hindi naagapan, sagot ng cousin ko na doctor din, "Anong hindi naagapan? Almost a week in advance na nga under observation and medication yun before bumagsak ang platelet."

Hope your sister recovers soon.

Like us on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Follow us on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
deenoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:15   #6
MRV_G17

thanks for all your input guys! called my brother a minute ago and he told me that they will move our sister in law in UST tonite. katatapos lang daw masalinan ng dugo at platelet.

My brother claims na madami daw namamatay sa dengue di dahil sa hindi naagapan kundi dahil sa hindi binigyan importansya ng doktor yung pasyente.

thanks again for all your concern guys!
Old 01-25-2007, 01:25   #7
darwin25
Make your move

I agree with deenoh. Same thing happened to my girlfriend. 3 days din halos bago nila naconfirm na dengue ang sakit nya although suspect na nila agad yun. In the case of my 5 year old niece, suspectdengue case din yung kanya buti na lang they confirmed na hindi dengue pero after a couple of days pa din.

Yap. Ganun nga din sabi sa min walang pangagap sa dnegue kundi palakasin ang immune system ng pasyente.
darwin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:35   #8
chowchow

Pare, mabuti naman na blood transfusion pati platelet na. Keep us updated, make sure hindi ma strss lalo ang sister in law mo sa mga negatives. Tama yan na UST para mas matino na mga doctors dyan.
chowchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 04:35   #9
MRV_G17

Quote:
Originally posted by chowchow
Tama yan na UST para mas matino na mga doctors dyan.
nagtataka nga din ako baket dun sa $#it hospital na yun napunta sister in law ko eh. ilang blocks na lang Saint Lukes na... then Manila doctor (tama ba? yun nasa may rotonda?)... then UST.

Ang ipinagpuputok ng butsi ko eh yung comment ng UST sa brother ko na baket daw hinintay pa na bumaba ng husto ang platelet. meron daw sila rules about it then kapag umabot na dun... sasalinan na ng platelet.
Baket daw pinaabot ba sa 70 eh sa kanila daw 140 pa lang naka alarm na sila to take preventive measure.

ang guys, listen to this. our DOH does not pay attention to MALPRACTICE commited by some doctors/hospitals. wala nababalita na nakulong na doktor na isinarang ospital dahil nababayaran yung nagko complain like yung case na nagkamali ng gamot na naisaksak yung nurse at yung hospital na ilang newly born babies na bagong panganak ang nangamatay.

well, hindi pa lang sila nakakatapat. like in my case, if ever I'll found out na meron laban ang case ng sister in law ko, may kalalagyan silang lahat sa presinto.

pero kapag meron kayo nabalitaan na namaril ng mga doktor sa loob ng hospital... hindi ako yun ha
Old 01-25-2007, 04:54   #10
labuyo73
BOG#17281

Just to share my experience...

About 2 months ago, I remember it was a Thursday, I suddenly felt very weak at may kasama pa high fever that lasted until the next day. Friday night punta na ko sa ER ng isang hospital in Pasay for examination. Initial findings: normal platelet count, possible typhoid fever or UTI, which explains the high fever (+/-40) daw. I was advised to return for check-up the next day on Saturday, which I failed to do since wala HMO representative namin. Fever dropped to around 37-38 until Sunday so I decided to go back to the ER of the same hospital. After waiting for more than an hour, I was really furious kasi wala pa nag-aatend sakin so I decided to confront the people at the nurses' station. It was only then that a doctor asked me several questions and concluded that the physical weakness, body pain and dizziness I was feeling at that time was normal for a person who just came from a bout with "trangkaso". Pahinga lang daw sa bahay katapat nun. Medyo maangas pa nga yung doctor when I insisted for another platelet count. Anyway, the lab results confirmed that my platelet count was below normal, conclusion nila: DENGUE! Holy crap! Pano pala kung di ako nagpilit for a CBC and decided to go home instead? Sa asar ko, gusto ko sana magmura at manakit kaya lang civil pa rin tayo ika nga. I was confined for a week and the attending physician told me na wala talaga gamot ang dengue. All they can do is to confine the patient, advise full rest, monitor platelet count, twice a day nung medyo mababa na, and watch out for any internal bleeding. The doctor also told me na pagdumating sa critical level yung count (below 30?) kailangan blood transfusion. I stayed in the hospital for week, lowest count was around 60 but after that umakyat na sa awa ng Diyos.

Everytime I had the chance, I asked my doctor a lot about dengue. According to her, its so difficult talaga to immediately detect it. After a few days pa raw bago maging conclusive diagnosis nila. Dahil din daw sa mga bagong strains di na advisable na magantay ka pa lumitaw mga rashes o bleeding. When in doubt, payo nya is tumakbo na sa hospital for examination. Kahit na gano kaayos paliwanag nya, gusto ko pa rin sana balikan yung walnghiyang doktor na gusto ako pauwiin. Well, di ko na rin pinatulan at binawian ko na lang sa "Feedback Form" before I got discharge. By the way, ISO-certified daw sila ha, PWEH!!!
Old 01-25-2007, 05:11   #11
MRV_G17

Quote:
Originally posted by labuyo73
Just to share my experience...
Medyo maangas pa nga yung doctor when I insisted for another platelet count...
brod, same thing what my brother told me. kaya nga talagang umuusok tumbong ko sa galit eh. di bale ako na lang ang bastusin wag lang kapatid ko eh. Sabi nga ng brother ko pasalamat yung doktor at wala ako dun kundi... ewan ko lang. baka naka dextrose na rin yung ungas na doctor na yun the next hour. tapat-tapat lang talaga. di talaga maiwasan na merong doktor na maangas.

my sister in law will be transferring to UST tonight. I am still working on with the case and will definitely sue that hospital and the doctor assigned to my sister in law once we got all evidence against them.

Thanks for all the input guys. sabi nga nila: Health is our Wealth.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:29   #12
flash1919
TAGA-SIPAT

ano pinag kaiba ng doktor at manghuhula?
last year tumaas lagnat ng anak ko pa check sa isang doktor thypoid fever daw, pa check ko sa iba yun pinaplatelet count bumaba sa 104 so possible dengue, "possible" un ina IV tumaas naman platelet after two days labas sana kami bumaba nanaman hangang sa every 3 hours kinukunan ng platelet count. thank GOD hindi naman lumala nang husto. pero ganyan pala kahirap ang sakit nayan. ung barkada ko inuwi na nga ung bata gling ospital after 4 days saka nag bleeding. sana DOH nag karoon ng parang CDC ng tate, para wala ng tansahan sa mga sakit na ganyan.
flash1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:04   #13
DA_NINJA

In short and by experience ..... It is better to have a second Opinion... TWO HEADS ARE BETTER THAN ONE... Kahit na ba espesiyalista yan or doktor from a prominent hospital.
And about suing the doc or hospital...mas maganda kung ipa-MEDIA mo na lang muna para di na maka PERWISYO ,(ng iba lalu na iyong less financial fortunate).Later if you have the GUTS(connection),MONEY(lots), and (hard)EVIDENCE to suffice/support your complain...BY ALL MEANS GO TO COURT!!!
DA_NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 20:22   #14
MRV_G17

Quote:
Originally posted by DA_NINJA
In short and by experience ..... It is better to have a second Opinion... TWO HEADS ARE BETTER THAN ONE... Kahit na ba espesiyalista yan or doktor from a prominent hospital.
And about suing the doc or hospital...mas maganda kung ipa-MEDIA mo na lang muna para di na maka PERWISYO ,(ng iba lalu na iyong less financial fortunate).Later if you have the GUTS(connection),MONEY(lots), and (hard)EVIDENCE to suffice/support your complain...BY ALL MEANS GO TO COURT!!!
will definitely sue them!!

i was told that my sister in law's platelet is now improving after she was transferred to US last night.

the doctors in that $#it hospital was probably alarmed by some people in PMA (Philippine Medical Asso - which one of my resource contacted to complain) kasi sabi daw sa brother ko na wag na lumipat ospital.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:14   #15
MRV_G17

I was told by my brother that my sister-in-law is now out of UST hospital this morning. I want to thank those who sent PMs to help me file a legal action on that $#it hospital and its doctor. I've found out na 'dami palang klase ng abogado... kala ko kase all around / any case pwede hawakan ng abogado.

thanks again guys. and if you will ever need to go to a hospital for a checkup, and you live between Kamuning/Morato and E.Rodriguez (QC), go to St. Lukes, Manila Doctors or UST Hospital. DONT GO to the $#it hospital in that area
Old 01-27-2007, 04:28   #16
toxic

I use to work in a Clinical lab doing blood test and di basta basta nadedetect ang Dengue by one Blood test alone paulit ulit na magdodraw ng blood on the hight of fever para malaman kung dengue or any other form of disease meron ang pasyente , marami kaseng sakit na can cause platelet to decrease(i have to ask my wife for it)

I guess na nung first day na nag extract ng blood normal pa ang platelet count and Hemoglobin so nag observe pa yung attending MD ng pasyente.

Gamot as i remember hydration lang and drugs to keep the fever manageable ang bibibigay plus the platelet or the MD might order FFP fresh frozen plasma.

Now on UST comment na pinabayaan yung patient, i dont know but thats too much to say (Thats a stupid comment if i may say)from UST kase di naman sila ang pinagdalhan ng pasyente in the first on set of fever and they dont have the prognosis.

On Filing a case ..if a waiver was signed (SOP yan pagpapasok ang pasyente sa Hosp)..medyo tagilid kayo dun sa kaso..Pero kung may proof na talagang may negligence and UST will back you up in WRITTING..malake chance nyo.

Glad to hear the patient has improved but wag magpapakasigurado, yung recovery stage ang crucial..pwedeng magrelapse kahit na tha patient feels OK...and the patient might vomit Brown/dark clotted blood which is normal sa Dengue kaya dont freak out pagnakita nyo yung vomit..Keep her in the hospital till all bloodworks,clinical findings are normal.