Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-27-2007, 16:06   #1
sjstill

Mark your calendars - '07 Indy GSSF

The GSSF Match for Indy is scheduled for Saturday & Sunday, June 23 - 24, 2007 at Eagle Creek Pistol Range

Set-up will be Friday, June 22, starting about 1:00pm.

Hope to see a lot of you there!

For any new folks reading, volunteers are a HUGE part of any GSSF Match. Set-up, running of the stages, tear-down; it's all important.

For every 4 hour block of time you donate, you'll get a raffle ticket towards the drawing of 1 of 2 Glock pistols of your choice.

So, if you help set-up, work all day Saturday & Sunday, and help tear down Sunday evening, you get 6 chances to win a Glock!

I don't honestly expect anyone to give up their entire weekend, but ANY help is greatly appreciated!!

Steve
Old 01-27-2007, 21:48   #2
usaf207cwf

Hey Steve...I am all for assisting this year in any way I can. Send me a message when time gets close or let me know the deal next time I see you in the shop. If you threaten to make Bob tell me the watch story again I might have no choce but to help out.

I work weekends but do not start until about 3PM so I would be glad to help you out there as well.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:01   #3
cougar_guy04

I'm with USAF. This summer I should either be in the Princeton area or Terre Haute area all summer and could give up a day or two to help out. Doesn't sound to be much different than what I've got to do with RHGC . . . but they don't raffle off Glocks at the end of the day.
cougar_guy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 15:50   #4
sjstill

Cool.

Send me your email addy to ecpr@sbcglobal.net and I'll add you to the list.
Old 01-28-2007, 18:31   #5
cougar_guy04

Email sent
Old 01-28-2007, 19:21   #6
Fenway

I have been reading up on GSSF and I think I would like to give it a try if I can make it in June. How much does it cost to participate?
Fenway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 19:45   #7
tlish
ammo liberator

i just got my first glock, don't know anything about gssf, but would love to participate and help out. all shooting sports are good shooting sports! just let me know closer to the time. between now and then, i'll learn more about gssf!
Old 01-29-2007, 19:47   #8
sjstill

I forget what it costs to compete. I know you have to join GSSF in order to compete. IIRC, one of the 'gifts' for volunteers is a free entry to shoot.

Unless things have changed, that is.....

www.gssfonline.com has everything you need to know.
Old 01-29-2007, 20:09   #9
cougar_guy04

Just double checking, do we have to be members to help out? If so, I'll go ahead and get my membership stuff in.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:44   #10
Rikki
Pathetic Loser

Nope, you don't have to be a GSSF member to help out.
It's a fun time, and you'll get to pick a gift from GLOCK for helping out- like a Knife or Mag or a 25 buck credit for shooting,plus you'll get a hat and a T shirt.
You don't even have to have a Glock- if you get there and decided you wanna shoot in the match, somebody will loan you a pistol and ammo.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:31   #11
tlish
ammo liberator

i checked out the website and got some good info from the gssf section of gt. sounds like lots of fun. i can't wait! i think i've even convinced my 1911-lover husband to get a glock after our last trip to the range. he loooooved my g19!
Old 01-30-2007, 12:14   #12
cougar_guy04

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikki
Nope, you don't have to be a GSSF member to help out.
It's a fun time, and you'll get to pick a gift from GLOCK for helping out- like a Knife or Mag or a 25 buck credit for shooting,plus you'll get a hat and a T shirt.
You don't even have to have a Glock- if you get there and decided you wanna shoot in the match, somebody will loan you a pistol and ammo.
Cool, thanks for the heads up Rikki.
Old 01-30-2007, 16:30   #13
FESTUS
Horse Whisperer

Quote:
Originally posted by tlish
i checked out the website and got some good info from the gssf section of gt. sounds like lots of fun. i can't wait! i think i've even convinced my 1911-lover husband to get a glock after our last trip to the range. he loooooved my g19!
If you need to borrow equipment....you and your husband ...we have several model 17's that you can borrow....soooo don't let that stop you....if you are noth of Indy check the Atlanta Conservation Club..they have shoots almost every Saturday...I took up steel plate shooting...low impact as far as drawing with no movement and no reloads ..this club is about 20 miles north of Indy...you can shoot GSSF still with no drawing or you can shoot Production or limited and they have an open category as well...great bunch of people.Welcome aboard...
FESTUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 18:42   #14
tlish
ammo liberator

thanks! i'm way north of indy. i've tried to talk to people from atlanta conservation club before at the indy 1500 (a couple years ago), but they just ignored me. it's good to hear about them and that it's a good place to shoot.

anyway, i didn't know gssf was an ongoing thing. you mean they do it weekly? or just steel plate shooting? regardless, it sounds fun. i'll definitely go down to indy in june, but i couldn't get down that way on a weekly basis. we're going to start shooting idpa, and all the places or 1 1/2 - 2 hours away, so that will be plenty of driving. but i'll definitely keep atlanta in mind.

thanks again!
Old 01-30-2007, 19:26   #15
epsylum
Boolit Hoze

Quote:
anyway, i didn't know gssf was an ongoing thing. you mean they do it weekly? or just steel plate shooting? regardless, it sounds fun. i'll definitely go down to indy in june, but i couldn't get down that way on a weekly basis. we're going to start shooting idpa, and all the places or 1 1/2 - 2 hours away, so that will be plenty of driving. but i'll definitely keep atlanta in mind.

thanks again!
The GSSF match here in Indy is a once a year thing. The steel plates at ACC are weekly.

Some weekend after the beginning of March if you want, you can head down to Eagle Creek Pistol Range (where the GSSF match will be held) to see the place, shoot if you want, and meet the head guru of the place, Steve.

Just be sure to check the website often as the schedule can be confusing with the police making changes to the training schedule.
http://www.ecpr.4t.com/
Epsylum (EE-SAI-LUM)
http://www.ingunowners.com
epsylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 22:45   #16
G7
Mostly Metric

FESTUS AND EPSYLUM - THANKS FOR THE PLUGS !!!

The Steel Match at ACC is on the third Saturday of every month. It's not affiliated with GLOCK Sport Shooting Foundation, although I have a GSSF category in the Steel Match. It is an homage to the real GSSF, as that was my own introduction to competition shooting about 10 years ago. For my match, GSSF stands for "Go Shoot Steel Fast", and follows the same equipment rules and starts from low-ready, like the real GSSF.

Atlanta Conservation Club has other matches as well ::
First Saturday -- Bowling Pins
Second Sunday -- USPSA
Third Saturday -- Steel Match
Fourth Sunday -- USPSA 3-Gun

Start times, directions, and descriptions may be found at:
ACC

See you there !
G7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:49   #17
rhino465

Send a message via Yahoo to rhino465
Quote:
thanks! i'm way north of indy. i've tried to talk to people from atlanta conservation club before at the indy 1500 (a couple years ago), but they just ignored me. it's good to hear about them and that it's a good place to shoot.

They ignored you? It certainly wasn't when I was at the table (or G7 or Marvin for that matter). Do you remember what the guys at the table at the time looked like?

Is it possible they were talking to someone else at the time and didn't get to you before you left?

If you really were ignored, I can't even begin to explain why or by whom, because that's not how we operate. I'm sorry if that soured you on our club's shooting activities, because we don't treat people that way. I hope you'll give us another chance or at least stop by our table again at another 1500.
rhino465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 18:12   #18
tlish
ammo liberator

it was a long time ago, so i can't say i remember what they looked like. there were two guys at the booth, no other people asking questions, though. i was standing there looking questioningly at their brochure and pictures. they looked at me... then continued with their conversation. maybe they didn't think i looked like a shooter? anyway, no big deal. i wasn't trying to sound whiny - more bitterly sarcastic - j/k! i just haven't purposely checked them out after that. it's still a far drive, nonetheless. thanks for all the info, though.

when the weather gets better i'll have to come shoot at eagle creek. is it open to the public? is it near 38th street, southwest side of indy? we have family in indy who'd probably like to go shoot as well.

i'm glad i have lots of shooting lined up! fun!
Old 01-31-2007, 18:15   #19
sjstill

Usually the problem at the ACC table is getting them to *stop* talking

Seriously, ACC is a good bunch of folks. Well worth giving a second chance.
Old 01-31-2007, 18:44   #20
epsylum
Boolit Hoze

Quote:
when the weather gets better i'll have to come shoot at eagle creek. is it open to the public? is it near 38th street, southwest side of indy? we have family in indy who'd probably like to go shoot as well.
Yes it is open to the public most of the year (check the website or call to be sure they are open before you go out there). It is 15$ per day per person or a 10 visit pass for $65 (no experation date) which you can share with people that come with you.

It is right accross the street from the Speedway on 56th st. by the I-465 exit/enterance on the west side. If you see the Bark Park, just keep driving down the little road until you see a gun range.

Oh BTW no centerfire rifles (as in rifle caliber rifles) are allowed. Pistol caliber and rimfire rifles are okay though. Shotguns are okay as well (any ammo as long as it does not set anything on fire, so no dragon's breath rounds ).
Epsylum (EE-SAI-LUM)
http://www.ingunowners.com
epsylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 10:05   #21
rhino465

Quote:
Originally posted by sjstill
Usually the problem at the ACC table is getting them to *stop* talking

Seriously, ACC is a good bunch of folks. Well worth giving a second chance.
Thanks for the support, O Mighty & Exalted Master of Eagle Creek PR!

I try to greet or at least say "Hey, How you doin'?" to everyone who comes close enough to the table to hear me. If they make eye contact with me, they're going to be there a while because (as you noted), I won't shut up.

I haven't tackled anyone in the aisle and dragged them back to our table to hear our schpiel (yet), but I'm not above it.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:45   #22
BHur

Rhino,

We know it wasn't you that did the ignoring.

No way you would not fully harass any females that got near the booth when you were present.

"Romeo Rhino at your service madam."

or is that "Gigalo Rhino"
BHur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 22:04   #23
rhino465

I prefer the title, "Mac Daddy Pimp Master," since you asked!

Old 02-02-2007, 11:32   #24
G7
Mostly Metric

Quote:
it was a long time ago, so i can't say i remember what they looked like. there were two guys at the booth, no other people asking questions, though. i was standing there looking questioningly at their brochure and pictures. they looked at me... then continued with their conversation. maybe they didn't think i looked like a shooter? anyway, no big deal. i wasn't trying to sound whiny - more bitterly sarcastic - j/k! i just haven't purposely checked them out after that. it's still a far drive, nonetheless. thanks for all the info, though.
I can see that being me, actually. Because I HATE it when I walk by a table and get, "Hey Buddy!How's it goin'??We've got(insert useless item here)at special show prices - today only. Theresgottabe somethinghere youjustcant livewithout- howboutthemColts- Heylookatthisdoobedah!!!" yada,yada,yada.

Soooooo, I don't usually talk to folks unless they ask me a question.

I am the anti-Rhino !!! Not that Rhind does the above!!! He's just outgoing and I'm a reticent introvert.

Anyway, whoever ignored you, I'm very sorry about it.

GSSF is the perfect introduction to competition. You really must give it a try! (And Steel matches are good "new-to-competitive-shooting" matches, too) Also, even if you DON'T want to really compete, per se, competition is the fastest way to become a better, and SAFER shooter.

BTW, SJStill, I am pleased to see that GSSF saw fit to schedule around my Steel Match, this year. Uh, yeah. Cough.
G7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 14:44   #25
tlish
ammo liberator

Quote:
Originally posted by G7
[B]I can see that being me, actually. Because I HATE it when I walk by a table and get, "Hey Buddy!How's it goin'??We've got(insert useless item here)at special show prices - today only. Theresgottabe somethinghere youjustcant livewithout- howboutthemColts- Heylookatthisdoobedah!!!" yada,yada,yada.

Soooooo, I don't usually talk to folks unless they ask me a question.

I am the anti-Rhino !!! Not that Rhind does the above!!! He's just outgoing and I'm a reticent introvert.
funny, i hate that, too. but i'm so used to it! it throws me if that doesn't happen. also, if i want something, i just linger and wait to be asked if i can be helped. i don't want to approach someone first and have to make small talk. you ask me what i want, i tell you, you answer me - done deal.

so, that may very well be what happened - communication breakdown!

Last edited by tlish; 02-03-2007 at 11:10..
tlish is offline   Reply With Quote