Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-03-2007, 17:38   #1
Glenn E. Meyer

A show closes on Broadway

The Saxet Gunshow in San Antonio - the location is going to become a hotel. So no shows until a new location in May. I was told it would be off Walzem - sigh!

Anyway the joint was packed. I appreciate folks who bring their little ones to the show but get a stroller that is not the size of the USS Missouri to wheel down the aisles.

Also, the female behemoth who when she got in the door, stopped there to chat with her girlfriend and blocked traffic for hours.

Hysterical conversations at the gun store before the show. I heard a very nice a patient salesperson at Dury's explain to an older person why snubbies weren't that accurate for most. Don't you just pull the trigger? Can you kill a deer with it and a 38 SPL? ARRGGGH!

I will miss that little restaurant next door in the antique mall - my friends and I would meet and eat there during the show.
NTI, TSRA, NRA,IDPA Niner #2001 Black Rifle AR-101 Wheelie 442642 L'star 101 J Snub 432
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Being an Academic Shooter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Being an Active Shooter
Glenn E. Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 01:02   #2
corona

Send a message via ICQ to corona Send a message via AIM to corona Send a message via Yahoo to corona
Well that sucks. Guess I'll take the wife down there tomorrow since it's the last one for a while.
corona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 11:23   #3
Ranger54

Well, for those willing to do the drive. The Austin show is pretty much the same, most of the same dealers. Happens every third weekend on North Lamar. Check the Saxet web site for the address. I just kinda point the truck and it gets there.

I live in San Antonio but spend most weekends in Austin, so, make both shows.
Ranger54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 22:09   #4
killjoy25

I went there hoping to find a good deal on a 27 new or used. My buddy that went bought a new Beretta 9000S. I haven't had much luck there though I did find a 30 round mag for my Saiga 7.62x39.

It was definitely the most packed it has ever been.