Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-27-2007, 16:12   #21
jacksplat

"I'm not sure if Jim's actually has a shop or is one of the last kitchen table dealers. He does normally have a table at the gun shows."

His "store" is actually an out building behind his garage. Has more Glocks and Taurus than anything, but it is a limited inventory, overall.
Nicest guy in town, and will get stuff for you, prices are not as good as Ed's in Vass, but not bad, really, and he will dicker. Some.

Best place is Ed's Period Gives good value on trades, is marked at least 25% below retail on most firearms. Big inventory, and gets a fair amount of stuff from estate sales, i.e, "how 'bout that mint M29 with Cokes on it, over yonder!"
jacksplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 10:04   #22
Nyper

bump to the top for someone else...
Old 06-24-2007, 15:38   #23
dickdaney

I love the Gun Rack. The people can be unpleasent sometimes and great other times. I've bought three pistols from them and will probably by my next one from them. They are very knowledgable. I just wish they were open later on Saturdays.
Old 06-27-2007, 18:33   #24
Jdo23

I went to Arringtons recently to purchase my first handgun, and they were very helpful and gave me quite a bit of useful info.

They unfortunately did not have the glock 23 which I was looking for, so they referred me to The Gun Rack where I went later that day and purchased the Glock 23.

The Gun Rack was just as the original poster said, not really rude but not very friendly either. The prices at the Gun Rack were pretty good however, apparently lowering their prices to compete with Arringtons and other glock distributers.
Jdo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 20:22   #25
spober

ive been in the raleigh area for the past 37 years.only been buying guns since early 90s.jim is an honest gentleman with a valid dealers lic.he has a nice little shop out behind the house with a giant safe and the smell of a gunshop.he has a small inventory hence his low overhead.
davis is a north raleigh gun store.nuff said.
you want rude and super high prices on a small handgun inventory.millions of rifles.this is you place.young guns in apex is a real good gunstore as is the place downtoewm raleigh the handgun training center.
spober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 20:41   #26
dmarker

Quote:
Originally posted by cuervo
Mace's would be closest. I don't know how to directly go to a Google map address, but here is their address:
6921 Industrial Dr, Mebane, NC 27302

Exit on to Buckhorn and then left on Industrial drive. It's farther down the street than the map shows, but once you're on industrial you can't miss it.

You could also go down NC55 into Apex and go to Young Guns. There is still some construction going on between 40 and Apex, though.
I have wanted over the last 2 years to buy at least 3 guns from this shop. Each time, the manager/owner (older gentleman in charge) has been so rude to me that I left and ended up ordering through my local FFL (paying more to do so once). This shop will also give you nothing for a trade, using the same line. I tried to trade an almost new G17 once and an almost new Sig P220 at this shop, both times this man gave me the same story - that particular model was not selling well and he would only give me $200 for the trade. I felt like I was at a car dealership.

Just my experiences.
dmarker is offline   Reply With Quote