SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-05-2007, 18:22   #1
Mintis458

FA license application

Hi everybody!
I'm another newbie. After last year's November gun show at Mega Mall, I applied for my first gun license to buy a shotgun for HD. Unfortunately, this year's gun ban caught up with my application and up to now (9 weeks after I applied), I still haven't been able to pick up and test fire my firearm. I guess you all know how hard it is on the nerves to wait expectantly for a new gun
Tanong ko lang- is it legal to apply for 2 firearms licenses at the same time, from 2 different gunstores? After all this waiting I'm considering buying a handgun also. Do I have no choice but to wait till the gun ban ends?
Thanks a lot!
Mintis458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 18:35   #2
jimbullet

The 2nd gun as I believe will require you to have a gunclub. I hope you declared that to the 2nd gunstore that you also have one pending with another so that they can take steps to ensure that they comply with requirements. UNless you are applying for 1 rifle and 1 pistol only
BOG#125
PNZ#15130
PAASS Badge#3104
jimbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 00:02   #3
batangueno
Shock Resist

to the BOG

Better if you ask the 1st gunstore to complete all your licensing requirements then re-use them for your next firearm purchase. Your 2nd firearm purchase would then be cheaper since you don't have to pay for all the licensing requirements again.
batangueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:08   #4
tagaykoyan

Send a message via Yahoo to tagaykoyan
Quote:
Originally posted by batangueno
to the BOG

Better if you ask the 1st gunstore to complete all your licensing requirements then re-use them for your next firearm purchase. Your 2nd firearm purchase would then be cheaper since you don't have to pay for all the licensing requirements again.
yes, that's possible. unless you bought your first firearm from Twin Pines. that store doesn't return your papers.

Last september i bought a pistol from Twin Pines. During the november gun show i paid a downpayment for a revolver from Trust Trade. I asked Twin Pines if they can give me my papers para magamit ko sa revolver. hindi daw pwede kasi maiiwan sa crame.

so wala akong nagawa kundi apply ng panibagong set of drug test, neuro test etc. sa trust trade. after a month, guess what? trust trade released my revolver with the original copies of all the receipts and certifications. aargh!

btw, trust trade already advised me beforehand na pwede naman ibigay yung papers.. ewan ko ba kung bat di magawa ng twin pines:-(

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
tagaykoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:58   #5
Mintis458

Thanks very much, mga sir!

Just this afternoon I followed up with the gun store. Good news is, they said my firearms license has already been approved, bad news naman, I still have to wait for the Comelec exemption which will take around 2 weeks before I can take my new gun home. The exemption will also cost me an additional P200.

I hope I can get the original set of papers as you mentioned.
Old 02-07-2007, 17:17   #6
magister

Quote:
Originally posted by tagaykoyan
yes, that's possible. unless you bought your first firearm from Twin Pines. that store doesn't return your papers.
hahn megamall din. they don't return your papers that's why i was forced to get my second FA from them para magamit yung old documents. wala pa naman kasi 6 months yung docs e.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
magister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 07:34   #7
Mintis458

In spite of all this waiting due to the timely, very relevant, and very effective gunban imposed on us by the infallible wisdom of the selfless, dedicated ruling few,(deep breath) all I can do is to look at the bright side. Since my current documents are good for only 6 months, I guess I'll have to "force" myself to get a 2nd firearm asap before the 6 mos are over, if only to save money. Ayoko pa naman ng pinipilit.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:37   #8
enting

Same experience w/ twin pines at wala pang plastic license card. Sa shooters cebu they returned the papers & w/ plastic card after few months. Both gun store madali naman nag arrive ang unit. Sa Hans-cebu manloloko nagparefund ako after 6months at mayron iba pa dyan na biktima.
enting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 17:59   #9
tagaykoyan

Send a message via Yahoo to tagaykoyan
Quote:
Originally posted by Mintis458
In spite of all this waiting due to the timely, very relevant, and very effective gunban imposed on us by the infallible wisdom of the selfless, dedicated ruling few,(deep breath) all I can do is to look at the bright side. Since my current documents are good for only 6 months, I guess I'll have to "force" myself to get a 2nd firearm asap before the 6 mos are over, if only to save money. Ayoko pa naman ng pinipilit.
hmmm... kaya siguro ayaw ibalik para mapilitan ka bumili sa kanila.. while waiting for my 45 the sales lady at twin pines was asking me to buy another unit from them...

btw, bro mintis don't "force" yourself to buy another unit. take your time and choose wisely. remember:
1. after the gunban may gunshow ulit (sometime july)
2. some docs are valid for 1 year pa

Last edited by tagaykoyan; 02-09-2007 at 18:02..
tagaykoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 07:17   #10
Mintis458

Sir Tagaykoyan, good point there. Hinay-hinay nga muna. Hirap sa aming mga newbies, ganadong-ganadong bumili ng baril (kahit walang pera), para makarami! Anyway, If i heard right July 12-16 gunshow sa megamall. And 139 days to go tapos na gunban