Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-06-2007, 20:35   #1
9mmRonin

local gunshops that have good trade in/ up policy

I was reading the post about the recommended gun shops in the different areas of the state, (great info by the way!!), but i was wondering is there any shops with a good trade in policy? I understand that they need to make money on the deal, and i have no problem with that, but I don't want to be raked over the coals either.

A nice selection of ar-15's is a must as well, because i'm thinking about getting rid of my jld ptr-91 .308 and getting a m4-gery .223 of some type

thanks

9mmRonin
9mmRonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:24   #2
coverdog
Platinum Member

You will get "raked over the coals" as you say at most any dealer I know. They are going to want to make a decent profit from it. A better idea would be to sell it on the net or ask a dealer if they do consignments and give him your minimum price you will accept. He gets his profit from the overhead. Be realistic on the price. I know a few dealers that do it this way. You will still get a bit less than the value but you won't get burned as with a trade in, like trading a car in.
coverdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 21:07   #3
medictg

I know they do consignments at The Firing Line in Westland. I have used Firearms Exchange to trade/buy, they didn't screw me too badly at all. They seem to be a little more liberal if you are purchasing from them....
Sig Club #9
NRA Lifer
USCCA Member
If guns kill people, then I can blame all my misspelled words on my computer!!!
medictg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 14:08   #4
Landor
GT Sponsor

I have sold a couple pistols on Gunbroker.com. I got what I wanted for them. Shipping will cost about $50 or so for next day delivery. Every time I tried to do a trade in they offered me one third of the worth of the gun. If you can not sell it out right you will take a bad beating.
Landor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 15:42   #5
fueddy

coverdog is right on about "getting it" on having a dealer pay your gun. The economy sucks right now but people are buying, I know Double Action in madison heights will do consignments from time to time. Right now they have some many used guns from some estate sales but they should be gone in the end of the month. after that give them a call in they are in your area.
g26
fueddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 06:03   #6
Hailstorm
Boom Shacka

Sell it locally man. Thats all I can say. Find a gun forum that deals with it and sell it there. Then join the darkside.