Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-07-2007, 09:20   #1
Mintis458

Ranger 1911s

Sirs, am thinking about getting a Ranger Enhanced 1911 in .45, the one with 8-rd single stack mags. Any comments on the Ranger pistol series? Greenhorns like me could sure use your feedback.
Mintis458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 16:16   #2
horge
Lifetime Membership
-=-=-=-=-

They're made in Vietnam, abeit rollmark-ascribed to the
company based in the UK (IDS). IME, early issues were
very rough, but they did have decent barrels...

I'm told that recent batches are better, although I'd
tend to rank them behind SAM, Norinco and Armscor, roughly
in that order, among the bargain 1911's.

Opinions are like navels, though...
-BoG Hog #12
-Model 1911 Club member #111
horge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 22:56   #3
maskytrading

Send a message via Yahoo to maskytrading
Re: Ranger 1911s

Originally posted by Mintis458 [/i]
Sirs, am thinking about getting a Ranger Enhanced 1911 in .45, the one with 8-rd single stack mags. Any comments on the Ranger pistol series? Greenhorns like me could sure use your feedback. [/QUOTE]

May I suggest that you get a Ranger HiCap Enhanced instead. I got one last year for 20K plus and had it dressed up by PB Dionisio Gunshop for another 20K...Result is a 40K Customized Ranger Pistol, looks good in Titanium gray, extended to 6in with porting sleeved bull barrel, magwell, light brown grips, chromed mags with buffers, fiber optic front sight, STI triggers etc...shoots good too. BTW, I chose a Ranger over Armscor,Norinco,Rock Island,LLama considering that all of these other brands are in the same price range because the Rangers' receiver especially in the dust guard area is thicker or sturdier...Caspian, Colt, Para-Ord, Kimber, Sig Sauer 1911s cost at least twice or thrice as much out-of-box
maskytrading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 23:13   #4
chocoboy

Maskytrading, can u post a pic of ur Ranger? Was also interested in Titanium Grey color but its a lot more expensive than the black chrome... Thanks!
chocoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:12   #5
maskytrading

Ranger 1911

Quote:
Originally posted by chocoboy
Maskytrading, can u post a pic of ur Ranger? Was also interested in Titanium Grey color but its a lot more expensive than the black chrome... Thanks!
I will try and get to post a pic of my Ranger asap...I left it with Cute of PBDionisio Range in QC as I do not have a PTT nor a PTC anymore...PBDionisio Custom Shop charged me 6K last year IIRC for the Titanium grey paint job
Old 02-08-2007, 21:13   #6
Mintis458

Quote:
Originally posted by horge
They're made in Vietnam, abeit rollmark-ascribed to the
company based in the UK (IDS). IME, early issues were
very rough, but they did have decent barrels...

I'm told that recent batches are better, although I'd
tend to rank them behind SAM, Norinco and Armscor, roughly
in that order, among the bargain 1911's.

Opinions are like navels, though...
Thanks! I was wondering about the IDS England brand. Now I'm not sure if I should buy Filipino and stick to Armscor or SAM. Reliability would be my main consideration, since I would be using it mainly for HD, with regular range practice hopefully.
Old 02-08-2007, 21:22   #7
Mintis458

Re: Re: Ranger 1911s

Quote:
Originally posted by maskytrading
Originally posted by Mintis458 [/i]
Sirs, am thinking about getting a Ranger Enhanced 1911 in .45, the one with 8-rd single stack mags. Any comments on the Ranger pistol series? Greenhorns like me could sure use your feedback.

May I suggest that you get a Ranger HiCap Enhanced instead. I got one last year for 20K plus and had it dressed up by PB Dionisio Gunshop for another 20K...Result is a 40K Customized Ranger Pistol, looks good in Titanium gray, extended to 6in with porting sleeved bull barrel, magwell, light brown grips, chromed mags with buffers, fiber optic front sight, STI triggers etc...shoots good too. BTW, I chose a Ranger over Armscor,Norinco,Rock Island,LLama considering that all of these other brands are in the same price range because the Rangers' receiver especially in the dust guard area is thicker or sturdier...Caspian, Colt, Para-Ord, Kimber, Sig Sauer 1911s cost at least twice or thrice as much out-of-box
[/QUOTE]

It was also at PB Dionisio that I saw the Ranger 1911. So I guess you're satisfied with your Ranger? I'll also try the HiCap. Di ba masyado mataba grip? I don't think I'll be modifying it much should I get one since it will be for HD. I'm new to semiautos, although I've handled .45s before, my "working experience" is limited to a .22LR revo.
Old 02-08-2007, 21:46   #8
darth board
steel killer

mintis 458 if you're going to get a ranger, be sure to get the model with an internal extractor. mas madali syang i tune or if ever gusto mong magpalit ng extractor maraming mabibili.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:14   #9
maskytrading

Re: Re: Re: Ranger 1911s

It was also at PB Dionisio that I saw the Ranger 1911. So I guess you're satisfied with your Ranger? I'll also try the HiCap. Di ba masyado mataba grip? I don't think I'll be modifying it much should I get one since it will be for HD. I'm new to semiautos, although I've handled .45s before, my "working experience" is limited to a .22LR revo. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm satisfied with my Range 1911 HC...I'm 6ft tall so I don't have problems with the HC grip...If eventually you decide to get a ranger whether HC or SS, request sales dept. of PBDionisio to have your unit released at the range in Roosevelt Ave. Q.C. area. Break it in there immediately for about 50 rounds and if problems present itself like stovepiping, premature slide lock up etc., the gunshop guys there can correct or fix it immediately for you. This is the advantage of PBDionisio...their aftermarket support for Ranger 1911 clients...