Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-07-2007, 23:21   #1
chowchow

Filipino hostages in Nigerian River Delta

I was watching CNN by ANderson Cooper and they featured this armed rebel group deep in the river deltas of Nigeria who claimed ownership in oil revenues to its rich oil resources .They are fighting the Nigerian govt to share of oil revenues. They also showed Filipino seamen around 13 of them who were taken kidnapped from their ship . Most probably they were working for an oil company. They look healthy and calm. They told the CNN reporter they missed their families and wanted to be back home.
The rebels were all wearing black masks and t shirts brandishing an assortment of AKs, Cetmes, and FALS. They show these guys riding in fast gunboats mounted with Russian heavy machineguns .
Did you guys hear this news back there? Nakaka awa yng mga kapatid natin.Mukhang ngang mga barbaric itong mga rebelya lalo na Afrika ito.

Last edited by chowchow; 02-08-2007 at 00:05..
chowchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 02:06   #2
zorkd

Send a message via ICQ to zorkd Send a message via AIM to zorkd Send a message via Yahoo to zorkd
TIA

man, that sucks. come to think of it, many of the new gun owners are actually seamen who just finished their first contract and have now a sizeable chunk of cash and want to buy a gun to protect their property and their homes. i wonder if they'll be allowed to pack while on the ship.
zorkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 06:38   #3
blueeagle

hostages

if i were a nigerian, i would probably do the same thing. only the multinationals and high govt officials are benifitting from the oil riches of the niger delta. lets hope and pray that our kabayans come out of this unharmed.
blueeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 04:56   #4
Alamat

Send a message via Yahoo to Alamat
seen it also, at nakakaawa talaga. ganyan talaga ang mga hinaharap ng mga kababayan nating nakikipag sapalaran sa ibang bansa lalo na rehiyong yan. sana makalabas sila ng maayos....
Old 02-10-2007, 08:58   #5
vega

Quote:
Originally posted by Alamat
lalo na rehiyong yan.
Please emphasize. What is it with that region?
BOG #005
vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 09:02   #6
Allegra

Quote:
Originally posted by vega

region ng mga poor??
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 09:06   #7
charlie-xray
Gunpowder Adik

Send a message via Yahoo to charlie-xray
AIDS

AIDS, Sodomy and Malaria and may cannibalism pa yata

Quote:
charlie-xray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 09:51   #8
chowchow

Napaka corrupt yung Nigerian govt hindi man lang pinatulungan yang mga taga Nigerian Delta, sobrang pobre. I dont blame them (the armed group as they have a say)but kidnapping our own people is too farfetched . Walang masyadong nabalitaan namin kunde the Phil govt is ready to give them ransom money . What is the Nigerian govt doing, fattening their their black as--s.
Old 02-10-2007, 19:34   #9
vega

Well, I'm still waiting for Alamat's answer.
BOG #005
Old 02-10-2007, 21:46   #10
Alamat

Quote:
volatile, highly unpredictable and unknown, in my humble opinion sir...

imo, compared to middle east (for example), we could probably say that since we somehow know the terrain and culture(thanks to various news networks), we somehow know what to watch and look out for.

in the case of africa, which, again, in my humble opinion sir, is still an unknown territory, well at least for most people, me included. one major factor, probably, is the numerous different deep sub-sub-cultures and religions coupled with the civil unrest contained in one country alone.

no disrespect to both our middle-eastern and african brothers and sisters here, all am saying is that, comparatively, we only know less of many deep cultures, issues, and causes our african brothers and sisters has compared to our middle-eastern friends, if i may say so.
again, my humble opinion only...

tnx

Last edited by Alamat; 02-10-2007 at 22:48..
Alamat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 22:33   #11
vega

Thanks for the reply Alamat.
I was hoping you had been there before.
I worked in Northern Nigeria for 2 years and there were times when people will be on the street. It would start as political fray, then turns to tribalism and lastly religious war. Northern Nigeria being Muslim dominated would go after the lesser Christians. They would not touch the Bature (white man, yours truly also considered bature) but one would never know.

It was hard if you are outside the safety of your office, you would never know if they would turn on you. We would get drivers who are Moslems for their safety sake and ours. There was a time they burnt a Christian inside his hut. Just imagine a mass of chanting people wielding machete and some carrying jerry cans full of petrol coming towards you...well not really after you but you were caught up in traffic and there's no other way to go. You just sit there and greet everyone Salam Aleikum. Just pray that your driver will not turn against you.

I miss the suya (bar-b-que), ram and Gulder (beer, pronounced Guldah).
BOG #005
Old 02-10-2007, 23:06   #12
Alamat

now i understand where your coming sir vega...ok lang po yun sir.

last mid-2006, after finishing up some projects with my small consulting stint, I almost decided to go and accept a job offer as purchasing manager to an oil company in qatar (parang malapit na ata ito sa africa, pls correct me if am wrong). forgive me i cant remember the name of the company. hindi lang natuloy un, kc nun inabiso ko na sa tatay & nanay ko, whose both in NY,USA naman, halos bumagsak ang kisame ng bahay ko sa galit nila sa akin sa pag accept ko ng trabaho dun. kaya hayun, kinalimutan ko na lang yung trabaho para everybody happy ika nga po...

i have a friend before whose currently working as a radio technician in one of the diamond mines in africa, cant remember the country, forgive me again. naalala ko lang kc siya nun makita ko yung nangyari sa nigeria. katuwa kasi, nun ikasal un barkada namin back in 97, nagdala siya ng mga diamonds from the mine, grabe ang gaganda... sayang lang nun ikakasal na ko nun 2001, hindi ko sya nasabihang ibili ako para sa misis-to-be ko, pero suma tutal, okay lang na hindi natuloy, kasi after 16 months, nagkahiwalay din kami hehe haaay buhay...
Old 02-10-2007, 23:21   #13
vega

Re: AIDS

Quote:
Originally posted by charlie-xray
AIDS, Sodomy and Malaria and may cannibalism pa yata
AIDS yes, Western Africa have the highest number of AIDS. I volunteered to give blood here in the US but when the Red Cross learned that I was in Africa, particularly Nigeria I was banned for life to give blood. At first they said that I could give blood after 12 years when I last stayed in Nigeria but when I tried again last year I was politely denied.

Never heard of cannibalism during my stay there.

Back to topic, I hope our kababayans would come out unharmed.
BOG #005
Old 02-11-2007, 23:59   #14
chowchow

They happen to chose the Filipino seamen bec they were soft target. Kahit saan kase ang mga pinoy LOL.
Old 02-12-2007, 22:39   #15
zorkd

Send a message via ICQ to zorkd Send a message via AIM to zorkd Send a message via Yahoo to zorkd

what GOOD is nigeria, really? i think the AIDS rate there is high, i don't know of any nigerian product that we use (unless some of the oil we use comes from there), they are known to be big scammers hence the "nigerian" scam, and now they take our countrymen hostage.

man, if this is not a call for the philippine government to go nuclear and bomb their sorry asses back to the stone age i don't know what is. oh wait, they *are* still in the stone age i suppose, with AK47s.

Last edited by zorkd; 02-15-2007 at 06:29..
zorkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 06:44   #16
vega

zorkd - PM sent.
BOG #005
Old 02-13-2007, 08:02   #17
Allegra

Re: 419

Quote:
Originally posted by zorkd
what GOOD is nigeria, really? i think the AIDS rate there is high, i don't know of any nigerian product that we use (unless some of the oil we use comes from there), they are known to be big scammers hence the "nigerian" scam, and now they take our countrymen hostage.

man, if this is not a call for the philippine government to go nuclear and bomb their sorry asses back to the stone age i don't know what is. oh wait, they *are* still in the stone age i suppose, with AK47s.

ulet errr....our govt go nuclear and bomb their *****e$ back to the stone age?
I fully agree , let's launch the full force of our navy at once!
Parehong banca na ipadala natin!
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 00:24   #18
chowchow

Re: Re: 419

Quote:
Originally posted by Allegra
ulet errr....our govt go nuclear and bomb their *****e$ back to the stone age?
I fully agree , let's launch the full force of our navy at once!
Parehong banca na ipadala natin!
At last ang kababayan natin pina release na as of latest news by CNN, no ransom daw involved. At least hindi na kailangan ipadala ang ateng Naval Special Warfare Group==specialty nila itong mga rescue LOL. Kung approve nang NIgerian govt.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:12   #19
darwin25
Make your move

Re: 419

Quote:
Originally posted by zorkd
oh wait, they *are* still in the stone age i suppose, with AK47s.
What's with the AK47s?
darwin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 08:14   #20
bulm540

Re: hostages

Quote:
Originally posted by blueeagle
if i were a nigerian, i would probably do the same thing. only the multinationals and high govt officials are benifitting from the oil riches of the niger delta. lets hope and pray that our kabayans come out of this unharmed.
The end does not justify the means. If no multinational Cos. they would not be pumping oil from the ground.